Author Topic: Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary  (Read 4917 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 12:02:46 PM »
silly that so many repubs would prefer a barely competent candidate like palin because of the abortion issue.

A majority of Republicans would likely reject any pro choice candidate. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 12:06:20 PM »
A majority of Republicans would likely reject any pro choice candidate. 

specifically, what are the numbers?

what % of americans are repubs?
what % of them polled said they would reject a pro-choice candidate.

I think if BOTH candidates were pro-choice, they would select the (R) anyway.  Even if only to vote against a spend-happy lib.  Obama won not based on his own merits, but because he was perceived as the anti-bush.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2009, 12:08:30 PM »

I think if BOTH candidates were pro-choice, they would select the (R) anyway.  Even if only to vote against a spend-happy lib.  Obama won not based on his own merits, but because he was perceived as the anti-bush.

I don't know.  Look it up.

Sort of a moot discussion anyway.  I can't even think of a viable potential pro choice Republican candidate. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2009, 12:09:04 PM »

What do you care 240?  

You will be wearing your ACORN shirt in 2012 and signing up dead people and homeless to vote for Obama anyway, if they are not already signed up.  

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2009, 12:46:03 PM »
What do you care 240?  

You will be wearing your ACORN shirt in 2012 and signing up dead people and homeless to vote for Obama anyway, if they are not already signed up.  

Such a sore loser huh?  hahahaha
Abandon every hope...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2009, 12:47:53 PM »
silly that so many repubs would prefer a barely competent candidate like palin because of the abortion issue.

Exactly.  As if any president is ever going to be able to over turn roe v wade anyway. Or have any impact on it whatsoever. 
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: July 30, 2009, 12:50:11 PM »
Exactly.  As if any president is ever going to be able to over turn roe v wade anyway. Or have any impact on it whatsoever. 

Wow, we have an incompetent president who is only there because of the color of his skin.  Its all the same.

If Obama were 100% white and named Barry o'Malley with the same credentials, he would not have even made it out of the primary.   

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2009, 01:03:49 PM »

No,the religious right just would sit out the vote.Once that happens thats the end of the republican candidate.Its WHY McCAIN picked Palin,to get the base out.[by the way,if McCain would have picked Lieberman or Hutchinson he would have gotten 25% of the vote.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2009, 01:12:00 PM »

Yes the president has a direct impact on the abortion question.  Roe v. Wade is probably one Supreme Court vote away from being overturned (Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito + 1).  If McCain were president now and he appointed a pro life conservative judge instead of Sotomayor, there would be a raging debate going on in this country. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »
Yes the president has a direct impact on the abortion question.  Roe v. Wade is probably one Supreme Court vote away from being overturned (Roberts, Scalia, Thomas, Alito + 1).  If McCain were president now and he appointed a pro life conservative judge instead of Sotomayor, there would be a raging debate going on in this country. 

Maybe,I wouldnt trust McCAIN to do the right thing in every case.Remember he wrote the amnesty bill.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 02:01:16 PM »
Palin is always going to play the victim and martyr for support.  She thinks if she makes herself a sympathetic figure people won't ask her tough questions like "why are you qualified for VP?" etc.  You know actual political questions. 

I have a hard time believing anyone and i mean ANYONE with any brain cells would actually think this woman is suitable for higher public office over other nominees in the republican party.

Her continued support on this board just shows a continued fascination with style over substance by vapid loser fan boys. 

haha
excellent post
!