Author Topic: Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary  (Read 4919 times)

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary
« on: July 29, 2009, 03:58:41 PM »
July 29, 2009

Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary
By MAUREEN DOWD

WASHINGTON

The woman who was prematurely counted in is out. And the woman who was prematurely counted out is in.

Goodbye, Sarah. Hello, Hillary.

In their vivid twin performances Sunday — Hillary on “Meet the Press” in Washington and Sarah at her farewell picnic in Fairbanks — two of the most celebrated and polarizing women in American political history offered a fascinating contrast.

Hillary, who so often in the past came across as aggrieved, paranoid and press-loathing, was confident and comfortable in her role as top diplomat, discussing the world with mastery and shrugging off suggestions that she has been disappeared by her former rival, the president.

Sarah, who was once a blazingly confident media darling, came across as aggrieved, paranoid and press-loathing in her new role as bizarre babe-at-large, a Nixon with hair extensions ranting about “American apologetics,” which sounds like a cross between apologists and Dianetics.

Sarah once criticized Hillary for being a whiny presidential contender, arguing that women who want “to progress this country” should not complain about being under a “sharper microscope,” but instead should just work harder to prove themselves capable. Now Sarah is a whiny presidential contender, complaining about the sharper microscope that women wanting to progress this country are under and rejecting advice to work harder to prove herself capable.

The Alaskan who shot to stardom a year ago as the tough embodiment of Diana the Huntress has now stepped down as governor and morphed into what the Republicans always caricatured Hillary as — preachy, screechy and angry.

And Hillary, who is at long last in a job that she earned on her own merits, has lost that irritating question mark she used to carry around above her head like a thunder cloud: What is Hillary owed because of what she gave up, and went through, for Bill?

During the campaign, Hillary got in trouble for pretending to be more than she was, for bragging about dodging bullets in Bosnia and making peace in Northern Ireland. Just so, Sarah got in trouble for pretending to be knowledgeable about foreign affairs just because she lived across the Bering Strait from Russia.

But now Hillary does not have to tell stretchers. She’s fully qualified for her job and doesn’t sound defensive. Now Sarah has taken up Hillary’s old habit of keeping grudges and playing the victim and blaming the press for her own mistakes in judgment and gaffes.

If Sarah’s problem on the trail was that she knew too little, Hillary’s was that she knew too much. Before her misty turn in New Hampshire, Hillary’s wonkiness got in the way of her ability to make people comfortable.

Sarah, lacking Hillary’s cerebral side, has decided to wing it, Quayle-style, and go only for the visceral. That’s why she now sounds like a demagogue, embodying grievances and playing to people’s worst impulses.

Hillary’s radiant robustness, on the other hand, even with a sore elbow, makes the dictators in Iran and North Korea we’re so worried about seem like frail, little creatures.

Obama advisers say privately that the president truly respects the woman he ran against, and that they have a good relationship, so good it has even surprised Hillary. Certainly, she doesn’t have to worry that this president’s gaze is going to drift over her shoulder to some pretty thing behind her. In this White House, Barack Obama is the pretty thing who is taken with Hillary’s serious, smartest-girl-at-Wellesley aura. In a funny way, he’s the man of her dreams.

His support of her has allowed her to keep her paranoia in check — even with Richard Holbrooke and Joe Biden biting off parts of her portfolio.

Just to make sure it stays that way, Obama advisers told Hillary that she could not bring on board Sidney Blumenthal, her former aide de camp nicknamed G.K., “Grassy Knoll,” for his tendency to stoke her grievances.

In her cuckoo speech in Fairbanks, Sarah warned Alaskans to “be wary of accepting government largess. It doesn’t come free.” Funny coming from a woman who charged the Alaskan taxpayers every time she worked from Wasilla.

She also went after that old conservative villain Hollywood, saying, “They use these delicate, tiny, very talented celebrity starlets” for “their anti-Second Amendment causes.”

Sarah seems happily oblivious that she benefited from Hollywood casting techniques. Just as movie directors have beautiful young actresses playing nuclear physicists and Harvard professors, knowing the fusion of sex appeal and a heavyweight profession will excite, the novelty of a beautiful former beauty queen and TV reporter cast in a powerful role that has featured dour, gray old men like Dick Cheney was thrilling. At first.

As McCain pal and Republican strategist Mike Murphy so sagely observed recently: “If Sarah Palin looked like Golda Meir, would we even be talking about her today?”

Sarah should follow her own advice to Hillary and work harder to be capable. Until then, she’s all cage, no bird.
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Sarah Grabs the Grievance Grab Bag From Hillary
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2009, 04:04:07 PM »
Apparently ol maureen has nothing better to do...her messiah is tanking and screwing up the country as he goes so her next best thing is to attack a woman, to whom the average person could care less about. Does she have any original ideas or is she just stuck on Palin.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2009, 05:18:12 PM »
to attack a woman

geez, don't play into the gender card.

She's attacking a former Vp candidate who just quit her job as gov 65% thru.

"attack a woman".   Sheesh.  hey, you attack a minority when you slam obama.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2009, 05:38:44 PM »
240, what the hell are u talking about. The fact she's a attacking a woman doesnt matter, unless Dowd, who's a fucking douchbag to begin with, is worried about something. She's being attacked  because Dowd has nothing better to talk about. She can't trumpet Obama, he's failing on a daily basis, so she attacks Palin. I think ur losing ur mind.
L

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2009, 06:07:46 PM »
240, what the hell are u talking about. The fact she's a attacking a woman doesnt matter, unless Dowd, who's a fucking douchbag to begin with, is worried about something. She's being attacked  because Dowd has nothing better to talk about. She can't trumpet Obama, he's failing on a daily basis, so she attacks Palin. I think ur losing ur mind.
I do wish SP the best of luck in her private life.

With that being said, Im from New Jersey.  Some of our local politicians have just been caught is a huge corruption sting.

These officials are not willing to resign even though the sting has been going on for sometime.

In NJ, we are not used to politicians quitting. They would sell their own mother, wives and children to hold onto power.

A govenor giving up power....

Makes one go hmmmmm
Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2009, 06:12:32 PM »
I do wish SP the best of luck in her private life.

With that being said, Im from New Jersey.  Some of our local politicians have just been caught is a huge corruption sting.

These officials are not willing to resign even though the sting has been going on for sometime.

In NJ, we are not used to politicians quitting. They would sell their own mother, wives and children to hold onto power.

A govenor giving up power....

Makes one go hmmmmm
Sandra

Just looks at the SC Gov.  Refuses to quit after being caught with his pants down. 

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2009, 06:17:16 PM »
Just looks at the SC Gov.  Refuses to quit after being caught with his pants down. 

Well, that is the point.
Those in power never give it up without a fight.
Govenor McGreevy with his Gay outing used that as an excuse to step down.
In New Jersey, it is thought that there was something else cooking to take him down.

Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2009, 06:22:38 PM »
Well, that is the point.
Those in power never give it up without a fight.
Govenor McGreevy with his Gay outing used that as an excuse to step down.
In New Jersey, it is thought that there was something else cooking to take him down.

Sandra

True.  Clinton, Blago, Newsome, LA Mayor, Kilpatrick, etc.  One of the few exceptions in addition to McGreevy was Spitzer, but he only quit so they wouldn't prosecute him. 

muscleforlife

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »
So, do you believe that she quit because of the reasons she stated?

I loved the William Shatner version of her speech verbatim.
I was able to better understand it when it was set in a poetry setting.

Sandra

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2009, 06:41:28 PM »
So, do you believe that she quit because of the reasons she stated?

I loved the William Shatner version of her speech verbatim.
I was able to better understand it when it was set in a poetry setting.

Sandra

Don't have any reason to doubt her.  I think she should have finished her term, but I don't have $500,000 in legal expenses either. 

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2009, 08:32:55 AM »
Palin = shady excuses ever.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 08:35:05 AM »
Palin = shady excuses ever.

Maybe she just wants to cash in while she can so her family is set for life. 

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 08:41:15 AM »
Palin got more abuse then any politician ever and even her kids were attacked.Hillary cried because she was asked tough questions in the debates first.Its a bit different.An idiot could figure that out.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2009, 09:47:12 AM »

She should.  That is what I said long ago.  If that is why she quit, I would fully understand.  I stated that she should drop the political aspirations and start marketing herself on a more successful level. 

Unfortunately, the idiot thinks she is somehow going to wind up as the candidate in 2012.  Which only shows what kind of common sense she has.  Or rather, lacks.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »

of course that's the reason.

it's just insulting when she says it's because "lame ducks at 65% of their term waste taxpayer dollars".

She wants to get rich, that's great. 

Just another transparent lie.  And, of course, the palinites defend it.  "Yeah, really, nobody gets anything done the last 2 years in office.  you betcha!"

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2009, 10:35:33 AM »
of course that's the reason.

it's just insulting when she says it's because "lame ducks at 65% of their term waste taxpayer dollars".

She wants to get rich, that's great. 

Just another transparent lie.  And, of course, the palinites defend it.  "Yeah, really, nobody gets anything done the last 2 years in office.  you betcha!"

You know its amazing.Your a guy who gets offended or points out "what does that have to do with the subject" when someone uses sarcasm to insult one of your guys.Yet,you ALWAYS mock her with "you betcha".Your a two faced fool.Typical lib,you can dish it out but cry like a bitch because you cant take it.How is that fucking brilliant Caroline Kennedy doing by the way?

Isnt she the girl that you said would make a viable vice presidential candidtate[YOU KNOW]?She really showed her toughness[YOU KNOW],that lightweight moron quit BEFORE she ever got in the game[YOU KNOW].Dead silence from 240[YOU KNOW].Never heard you say she is a quitter at all.[you know].Colin Powell quit right in the middle of a war,240 think POWELL should speak for republicans.Incredible hypocrite!!!!Typical left wing lib,talking out of both sides of your mouth.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2009, 10:38:06 AM »
You know its amazing.Your a guy who gets offended or points out "what does that have to do with the subject" when someone uses sarcasm to insult one of your guys.Yet,you ALWAYS mock her with "you betcha".Your a two faced fool.Typical lib,you can dish it out but cry like a bitch because you cant take it.How is that fucking brilliant Caroline Kennedy doing by the way?

Isnt she the #### that you said would make a viable vice presidential candidtate[YOU KNOW]?She really showed her toughness[YOU KNOW],that lightweight moron quit BEFORE she ever got in the game[YOU KNOW].Dead silence from 240[YOU KNOW].Never heard you say she is a quitter at all.[you know].Colin Powell quit right in the middle of a war,240 think POWELL should speak for republicans.Incredible hypocrite!!!!Typical left wing lib,talking out of both sides of your mouth.

240 = owned on this!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2009, 10:45:36 AM »
brutal attack the messenger, not the message

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 11:20:13 AM »
brutal attack the messenger, not the message

The message is that you point out Palin is  a quitter yet said NOTHING when that half wit hapless do nothing Kennedy quit.Powell quit DURING A WAR and you not only say nothing,you praise his every word.Obama was a senator for less then two years and wasn't satisfied AND QUIT and you voted for him and praise him,Joe Biden actually ran for senator WHILE he was running for vice president so that he would have a built in job win or loose then QUIT his senator job and gamed the system and you praise him[stand up chuck].

The only one you knock is Palin.Its obvious your nothing but a male chauvinist and you hate successful women.You like women when they are incompetant and homely ,like Kennedy,but when they are successful and good looking you have a deep hatred of them.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 11:30:30 AM »
Palin is always going to play the victim and martyr for support.  She thinks if she makes herself a sympathetic figure people won't ask her tough questions like "why are you qualified for VP?" etc.  You know actual political questions. 

I have a hard time believing anyone and i mean ANYONE with any brain cells would actually think this woman is suitable for higher public office over other nominees in the republican party.

Her continued support on this board just shows a continued fascination with style over substance by vapid loser fan boys. 
Abandon every hope...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 11:34:08 AM »
kay bailey hitchinson would be an excellent choice for prez in 2012 for the repub ticket.

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:37:39 AM »
kay bailey hitchinson would be an excellent choice for prez in 2012 for the repub ticket.

I personally have a lot of respect for Mike Huckabee.  The way he handled himself in defeat and was able to make a joke about it on SNL was great.  As was his debate with John Stewart, no yelling, screaming etc just straight debate and level headedness. 
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2009, 11:46:07 AM »

PRO CHOICE-SHES OUT!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2009, 11:50:38 AM »
PRO CHOICE-SHES OUT!!

Correct.  That's why she wasn't selected as VP.  Can't see a pro choice Republican getting the nomination. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2009, 11:57:50 AM »
Correct.  That's why she wasn't selected as VP.  Can't see a pro choice Republican getting the nomination. 

silly that so many repubs would prefer a barely competent candidate like palin because of the abortion issue.