Author Topic: Well, well. Manny AND Ortiz both tested positive in 2003. HA HA HA!  (Read 1239 times)

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
Shocker. I believe I called Ortiz being a juicer. Guess I was right.

Manny Ramirez and David Ortiz were among the 104 major league players listed as having tested positive for performance-enhancing drugs in 2003, lawyers with knowledge of the results told The New York Times.

The two were key members of the Boston Red Sox World Series championship teams in 2004 and 2007.

Ortiz declined comment to The Times.

Ramirez, now with the Los Angeles Dodgers, recently came off a 50-game suspension for violating baseball's drug policy by obtaining a prescription for a banned female fertility drug.

In June, The Times reported Sammy Sosa was on the 2003 list, and Alex Rodriguez admitted to have used performance-enhancing drugs after he was linked to the list in February.

Players were tested in 2003 as part of Major League Baseball's survey to determine if it was necessary to impose mandatory random drug testing in 2004. There were no penalties for a positive test in 2003.

As part of the drug agreement between the union and MLB, the results of the testing of 1,198 players also were meant to be anonymous. Penalties began in 2004, and suspensions for a first positive test started in 2005.

Government agents initially obtained search warrants in 2004 for the drug-testing records of 10 players as part of its BALCO investigation that led to Barry Bonds' perjury indictment, but they found the more expansive list on a spreadsheet, obtained additional warrants and seized the larger group of records.

The union went to court, arguing the search was illegal, and three U.S. District judges agreed.

The government appealed, and a panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals ruled for the government, but the entire 9th Circuit threw out the reversal and decided to hear the case itself. The hearing was in December, and the decision is pending. The losing side could then appeal to the Supreme Court.

Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4366335

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
Re: Well, well. Manny AND Ortiz both tested positive in 2003. HA HA HA!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:32:29 AM »
People on here called this awhile back on why Ortiz's head wasn't in the game...He knew it was going to be released...Now just wait until Albert Pujols name is release in the near feature...Because his is on there to...

Atten---Theo Epstein---Sign Roy Halladay now...Your team needs the distraction...If you don't, the sox are done...

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 11:45:25 AM »
Is this really such a surprise? Not really.

Why not divluge the ENTIRE list of players that tested positive for PED's??? I hate that only one or two names get leaked every year.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:26:13 PM »

Why not divluge the ENTIRE list of players that tested positive for PED's??? I hate that only one or two names get leaked every year.

This is my problem with the whole thing.  The players took these test under the condition of anonymity.  It was about the total # of players, not individuals.

The fact that names get leaked is bullshit.  People should be fired over this.

Anyway, although I wouldn't doubt and of the three guys on the list - Manny/Oritz/Arod, all we seem to have are anonymous sources.  ARod admitted it, but they never actually said who knew or how he/she did.
Y

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:46:58 PM »
I think everyone that has been outed should get together and lawyer up and sue MLB(or the union)...Not that I don't want to see the guys on the list, however its just not right...I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that the old timers in the Hall of Fame have some major pull and have their fingers in this one way or another...I also wouldn't doubt if it went all the way up to the Senate...Albert Pujols has got to be shitting himself...

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 01:50:08 PM »
This is my problem with the whole thing.  The players took these test under the condition of anonymity.  It was about the total # of players, not individuals.

The fact that names get leaked is bullshit.  People should be fired over this.

Anyway, although I wouldn't doubt and of the three guys on the list - Manny/Oritz/Arod, all we seem to have are anonymous sources.  ARod admitted it, but they never actually said who knew or how he/she did.

Bud Selig needs to resign

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 03:53:21 PM »
when will they release the entire fucking list already ::)

E
E

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 05:10:18 PM »
Ehh,no real suprise.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 06:47:50 PM »
I hope his fat ass is back on so they can catch NY.