Author Topic: Homeowner shoots bear invader with shotgun (Bear took 10 shots to fall!)  (Read 7319 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
LOL im more worried about the spiders in the campers and the cougar that roams around then the mice but I agree mice aint no fun either. One thing I will tell you though hunting really shows you how unsafe some ppl can be around guns.

Here's your Posterboy for gun safety...

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I hear ya on that.  There is nothing that makes you want to smack someone more than sweeping the hunting party with their barrel.  You should be able to leave someone in the woods for that  >:(
no shit or having your rifle loaded while in the truck or not unloading after a hunt. Theres no reason to walk around with a loaded rifle when youre not intent on using it just pointless. Id have to say though the most agregious is the sweeping of your buddies while the gun is loaded I mean thats just plain common sense and easy as shit to remember and fix.

24KT

• Getbig V
and no I didnt, I dont know how anybody could be a vegetarian but to each their own...how do you get your protein?

Broccolli, Acai, and quite a number of other sources that are highly bio-available to the human organism.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Here's your Posterboy for gun safety...

ehhh bird hunting is alot different jag if youve never done it I can understand how idiotic that sounds but honestly its suprisingly easy if youre not very aware or you get spooked. It seems like common sense that you dont rear end the person in front of you with your car but that happens every day all over the world.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Broccolli, Acai, and quite a number of other sources that are highly bio-available to the human organism.
broccolli? how much protein do you get a day? do you never eat animals like even when you go out? I bet that can be pretty tough to eat out.

24KT

• Getbig V
ehhh bird hunting is alot different jag if youve never done it I can understand how idiotic that sounds but honestly its suprisingly easy if youre not very aware or you get spooked. It seems like common sense that you dont rear end the person in front of you with your car but that happens every day all over the world.

I don't care if you're quail hunting, or stag hunting, ...the #1 rule should be "Don't shoot your buddy in the face!"  :P
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I don't care if you're quail hunting, or stag hunting, ...the #1 rule should be "Don't shoot your buddy in the face!"  :P
LOL no doubt I dont think you can say you had a good trip if you shoot someone while hunting  :D but like I said if youve never done it you wouldnt understand how easy something like this can happen especially bird hunting.

24KT

• Getbig V
broccolli? how much protein do you get a day? do you never eat animals like even when you go out? I bet that can be pretty tough to eat out.

I get enough protein. It depends on where I am, I've found for the most part finding suitable menu choices isn't a problem. Of course, I'm not about to go to Black Angus steak house or some place similar.

It's only tough when dining with inconsiderate or ignorant people who have no idea how disgusting it is for a vegetarian to be seated with someone eating meat. It's not always bad, ...a steak isn't bad, ...but ribs...egads!

It's hard to tell them, I don't want to eat with you because just the sight of you eating totally grosses me out.
Why should my meal be ruined by having to watch you eat yours? I might toss my cookies right onto your plate.
Then that's BOTH of our meals ruined now isn't it? Rather than simply accept facts, ...most people get really offended when you tell them their choice of food makes you nauseous and prone to hurl, ...as if it's somehow a personal attack on them, rather than simply a statement of fact.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
LOL no doubt I dont think you can say you had a good trip if you shoot someone while hunting  :D but like I said if youve never done it you wouldnt understand how easy something like this can happen especially bird hunting with Darth Vader. 

Fixed. It wouldn't surprise me if the shooting victim had been in opposition to some initiative Cheney supported.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I get enough protein. It depends on where I am, I've found for the most part finding suitable menu choices isn't a problem. Of course, I'm not about to go to Black Angus steak house or some place similar.

It's only tough when dining with inconsiderate or ignorant people who have no idea how disgusting it is for a vegetarian to be seated with someone eating meat. It's not always bad, ...a steak isn't bad, ...but ribs...egads!

It's hard to tell them, I don't want to eat with you because just the sight of you eating totally grosses me out.
Why should my meal be ruined by having to watch you eat yours? I might toss my cookies right onto your plate.
Then that's BOTH of our meals ruined now isn't it? Rather than simply accept facts, ...most people get really offended when you tell them their choice of food makes you nauseous and prone to hurl, ...as if it's somehow a personal attack on them, rather than simply a statement of fact.

Ive never thought of it like that I would probably take offense to that as well I mean I understand where youre coming from but I mean it doesnt really bother me you dont eat meat so why should it bother you I eat meat? but I kinda get it i cant stand milk and when ppl drink it, it grosses me out.

24KT

• Getbig V
Ive never thought of it like that I would probably take offense to that as well I mean I understand where youre coming from but I mean it doesnt really bother me you dont eat meat so why should it bother you I eat meat? but I kinda get it i cant stand milk and when ppl drink it, it grosses me out.

It's even worse than merely watching them eat, ...it's sometimes even having to smell them as well.

It you don't eat meat, ...you're extremely sensitive to it's scent. You know how some people say they don't like being around some South Asians because they smell like curry, or some Mediterraneans because they smell like garlic?

Well guess what? ...meat eaters give off a smell too, ...and it's worse than curry or garlic. They smell like a barn.
Have you ever been inside a barn. It's quite a lovely odour isn't it? Most people don't notice it, because they're giving off their own barnyard aroma as well, ...but a vegetarian notices it. It's really very revolting, but it's not the kind of thing you can tell someone without causing tremendous offense, ...no matter how delicately you try to put it.  :-\

I don't have a problem with people choosing to eat meat. It's a free world and they're entitled to eat whatever they want, so I'm not about to tell someone they can't eat meat. But when I have a physically nauseaus reaction to the sight of them stabbing away at animal flesh, I think I'm perfectly within my rights to not want to put myself in a position of having to view it.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
It's even worse than merely watching them eat, ...it's sometimes even having to smell them as well.

It you don't eat meat, ...you're extremely sensitive to it's scent. You know how some people say they don't like being around some South Asians because they smell like curry, or some Mediterraneans because they smell like garlic?

Well guess what? ...meat eaters give off a smell too, ...and it's worse than curry or garlic. They smell like a barn.
Have you ever been inside a barn. It's quite a lovely odour isn't it? Most people don't notice it, because they're giving off their own barnyard aroma as well, ...but a vegetarian notices it. It's really very revolting, but it's not the kind of thing you can tell someone without causing tremendous offense, ...no matter how delicately you try to put it.  :-\
hahaha another good point, I actually love curry but I understand some ppl dont like the smell. Ive been in a barn and I dont think that a steak or ribs smell like a barn at all but I get your point about the meat smell. Iono if they take offense they take offense if you explained it to them like you did me then they have a problem if they still get offended by it.

I just think that would be rough on a social life maybe its b/c where im from its meat and potatos kinda of culture down here for the most part.

24KT

• Getbig V
hahaha another good point, I actually love curry but I understand some ppl dont like the smell. Ive been in a barn and I dont think that a steak or ribs smell like a barn at all but I get your point about the meat smell. Iono if they take offense they take offense if you explained it to them like you did me then they have a problem if they still get offended by it.

I've gotten to the point where I don't bother explaining it anymore. I just say I'm not hungry and beg off dining with them. There's no point in people feeling badly about themselves or their food choices. It is what it is. It's not often a problem, ...but there are some people who choose some of the grossest looking things. seriously! There's one guy... I swear if it makes me wanna hurl... he'll pile it on his plate!  :-X  When I was down in Florida, he kept inviting me to dinner. I just didn't know how to say you're going to make me barf. I avoided his dinner invitation for close to a week. Finally the last night, I joined him for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my meal, ...could barely finish it, ...and barely managed to get through it without hurling. How are you going to tell someone that without them taking personal offense?  :-\
w

24KT

• Getbig V

I just think that would be rough on a social life maybe its b/c where im from its meat and potatos kinda of culture down here for the most part.

Hahaha... seriously... do I look like the kind of gal to even consider dating a neanderthaal from TX?  ;D  j/k  ;)

No, it's hardly an issue at all. Toronto is such a poly glot of multiple cultures, finding suitable food choices isn't difficult. California cuisine isn't a problem either. The only time I've had real difficulty was in Chicago. It seemed like everything had to come covered in a mountain of cheese. Although there was a fabulous restaurant called Tucci Milan which specialized in Northern Italian cuisine. I wonder if they're still around? Not a bad place.
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I've gotten to the point where I don't bother explaining it anymore. I just say I'm not hungry and beg off dining with them. There's no point in people feeling badly about themselves or their food choices. It is what it is. It's not often a problem, ...but there are some people who choose some of the grossest looking things. seriously! There's one guy... I swear if it makes me wanna hurl... he'll pile it on his plate!  :-X  When I was down in Florida, he kept inviting me to dinner. I just didn't know how to say you're going to make me barf. I avoided his dinner invitation for close to a week. Finally the last night, I joined him for dinner. Needless to say, I didn't enjoy my meal, ...could barely finish it, ...and barely managed to get through it without hurling. How are you going to tell someone that without them taking personal offense?  :-\
Iono like I said if you explain it to them like you did me then I think they would be ok with it but if you just tell them thats going to make me hurl and not explain why  ;D haha i could see them taking offense to it. I guess its easier to understand b/c like I said i have things that make my skin crawl as well. I swear when I see ppl drink milk and they put the glass down and there is that film clinging to the side of the glass that slowly slides down I feel like i want to hurl as well. Just thinking about the taste and consistency is horrible makes my mouth water in a bad way. GROSSSSS

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Hahaha... seriously... do I look like the kind of gal to even consider dating a neanderthaal from TX?  ;D  j/k  ;)

No, it's hardly an issue at all. Toronto is such a poly glot of multiple cultures, finding suitable food choices isn't difficult. California cuisine isn't a problem either. The only time I've had real difficulty was in Chicago. It seemed like everything had to come covered in a mountain of cheese. Although there was a fabulous restaurant called Tucci Milan which specialized in Northern Italian cuisine. I wonder if they're still around? Not a bad place.
LOL youve never posted a pic so I couldnt say, and youd be suprised how attractive a neanderthal can be  ;) ;D

I hated chicago when I was there, iono maybe b/c i didnt stay in the best part of town.

so do you not eat any meat like no fish either?

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
Iono like I said if you explain it to them like you did me then I think they would be ok with it but if you just tell them thats going to make me hurl and not explain why  ;D haha i could see them taking offense to it. I guess its easier to understand b/c like I said i have things that make my skin crawl as well. I swear when I see ppl drink milk and they put the glass down and there is that film clinging to the side of the glass that slowly slides down I feel like i want to hurl as well. Just thinking about the taste and consistency is horrible makes my mouth water in a bad way. GROSSSSS

Sounds like you and jag have some personal problems.  Seeing milk grosses you out?  Jag, seeing people eat meat makes you want to throw up?  Have you two considered counseling/therapy?

24KT

• Getbig V
LOL youve never posted a pic so I couldnt say, and youd be suprised how attractive a neanderthal can be  ;) ;D

I hated chicago when I was there, iono maybe b/c i didnt stay in the best part of town.

so do you not eat any meat like no fish either?

I occasionally will eat fish, sometimes even eggs, ...but red meats or organ meats... heck no  :-X
And I definitely prefer the fish, not looking like fish. If I have to stare at eyeballs, forget it, ...I'm done!

I have a Scottish girlfriend who uses haggis as part of her email addy, ...and I feel like hurling everytime I send her an email. Her addy is listed under her name, so I won't have to see the actual eDress at all. My tummy is feeling queasy right now just thinking about haggis.  
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Sounds like you and jag have some personal problems.  Seeing milk grosses you out?  Jag, seeing people eat meat makes you want to throw up?  Have you two considered counseling/therapy?

{giggle} Pretty funny isn't it? I can sit in McD's and watch people eat Big Macs all day... no biggie,
...but when I see someone pile ribs up on their plate, I'm ready to toss my cookies. There's no mistaking that is animal flesh, and seeing them rip the flesh off the bones... and smelling the odor... we're talking projectile vomit! Maybe I've spent too much time around chop sticks, ...but when I see forks and steak knives stabbing & carving away at bloody oozing animal flesh, ...to me, it's just nasty, and downright barbaric.  :-X 
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL milk is freaking nasty bro especially vitamin D milk thats real thick fuking gross...

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
milk is like titty snot

tonymctones

• Getbig V
{giggle} Pretty funny isn't it? I can sit in McD's and watch people eat Big Macs all day... no biggie,
...but when I see someone pile ribs up on their plate, I'm ready to toss my cookies. There's no mistaking that is animal flesh, and seeing them rip the flesh off the bones... and smelling the odor... we're talking projectile vomit! Maybe I've spent too much time around chop sticks, ...but when I see forks and steak knives stabbing & carving away at bloody oozing animal flesh, ...to me, it's just nasty, and downright barbaric.  :-X 
hmmm sounds like a good steak to me....

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
the shotgun just served to piss it off.  Not doing anything with bird shot and rubber bullets.  Also another reason to NOT keep ammo and guns seperate.  I have all my weaposn loaded and with one in the chamber. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
the shotgun just served to piss it off.  Not doing anything with bird shot and rubber bullets.  Also another reason to NOT keep ammo and guns seperate.  I have all my weaposn loaded and with one in the chamber. 

I think this bear probably needed a few slugs in its head.   

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: Homeowner shoots bear invader with shotgun (Bear took 10 shots to fall!)
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2009, 05:32:31 AM »
I think this bear probably needed a few slugs in its head.   

BUMP for Grab an Umbrella