Author Topic: 1981 King Arnold: "BB is overpopulated with Midgets, technicians and Hustlers"!!  (Read 1662 times)

Alex23

"I beleive that the sport and art of bodybuilding are overpopulated now with midgets, technicians and Hustlers, in only to make a buck instead of to locate the joy and pride I found there and let the bucks take care of themsleves."
1981, Pumping Iron the book Revised and updated Edition

Mr. Magoo

• Getbig V
  • THE most mistaken identity on getbig
"I beleive that the sport and art of bodybuilding are overpopulated now with midgets, technicians and Hustlers, in only to make a buck instead of to locate the joy and pride I found there and let the bucks take care of themsleves."

says the guy that joe weider payed to lift weights and play on the beach while the rest of the bodybuilders featured in the magazines were screwed

Alex23

I was browsing through old shit last night and stumbled upon this gem of a book. His point of view on the whole 1980 "incident" is quite remarkable and gives you a pretty cool flip side of the story.

I'll post more if anyone interested... he even covered G4P & co... pretty cool stuff straight from 1980 King Arnold Himself.

Alex23

says the guy that joe weider payed to lift weights and play on the beach while the rest of the bodybuilders featured in the magazines were screwed

Good remark Mangoo but couldn't be more wrong;

from Franco: "6 years later after coming out of school and having started my practice, I stop by the beach and the same guys were still hanging and doing the same things, getting sun tanned and such. Like time stopped for them. I said: What are you guys waiting for Christmas"? ;D

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
his best friend franco wasn't exactly tall

E
E

lax

• Getbig IV
I was browsing through old shit last night and stumbled upon this gem of a book. His point of view on the whole 1980 "incident" is quite remarkable and gives you a pretty cool flip side of the story.

I'll post more if anyone interested... he even covered G4P & co... pretty cool stuff straight from 1980 King Arnold Himself.

yeah Alex, I'd like to see more of that, if you would!

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
yeah Alex, I'd like to see more of that, if you would!

I agree with mike dusa, please post more
Thunderdome approved

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
haha yes arnold would still destroy these little pro tits of today by his height alone.

lax

• Getbig IV
haha yes arnold would still destroy these little pro tits of today by his height alone.

I think the only Olympians Arnold ever would/did have a problem defeating would be:

Oliva
Zane
Haney
Pre-gut Yates

Not Coleman (see the DB comparison of the two)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Yes there are way too many midgets in bb'ing...........blad, black and short. Thank god for our Aryan brother Dennis Wolf.
No doubt about it...

lax

• Getbig IV
Yes there are way too many midgets in bb'ing...........blad, black and short. Thank god for our Aryan brother Dennis Wolf.

what is the avg height of a pro today?

I'd say about 5'6"

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
what is the avg height of a pro today?

I'd say about 5'6"

probably.......5'6 is short as fuck.
No doubt about it...

lax

• Getbig IV
probably.......5'6 is short as fuck.

yes
and increased muscular width makes 'em look even shorter

Scott-69"
Oliva-70"
Arnold-74"
Franco-65"
Zane-69"
Dickerson-67"
Bannout-69"
Haney-71"
yates-70"
Coleman-71"
Cutler-69"
Jax-68"

Average Olympian=Just a hair under 5'10"

suckmymuscle

Now wait for BayGay to chip in claiming that sentence is correct except that the midgets and technicians are also gay hustlers. :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~

you mean turkic/slavic brother?

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV

Cool. Pease post what he says about the 80 Olympia.

lax

• Getbig IV
Cool. Pease post what he says about the 80 Olympia.

platz is on cover of 2nd PI book. I have it somewhere...please post that, Alex

Alex23

platz is on cover of 2nd PI book. I have it somewhere...please post that, Alex

Sorry guys, my scanner is down and I don't feel like typing endless paragrah about oiled men posing around the time I was born ;D

Give me a couple of getbig days ;D

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
If you are under 5'9 you should not be allowed to bodybuild..