Author Topic: The Logics behind "MMA" (oh brother) vs. bodybuilding  (Read 3806 times)

Alex23

Re: The Logics behind "MMA" (oh brother) vs. bodybuilding
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2009, 11:06:51 AM »
of course, we all know none of the "bodybuilders" here would say shit to GRACIE JIU-JITSU's face  ;D 
GRACIE JIU-JITSU could rape your girl and all you would do is go to the gym "and attack the weights" haha ;D ;D

... or just get a gun and shoot him in the face. Better yet, get someone else to do it. It changes everything.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2009, 11:55:48 AM »
For every stupid meathead who walks around with an ILS or who is genuinely built but is acting like a douche showing it off (like wearing short sleeve shirts and spandex shorts in winter), you can find just as many (if not more) morons who wear Tap Out and act all tough, pretending to be MMA or UFC fighters when all they have under their belt is a few sparring sessions in the gym.

There are wannabes in every sport and subculture who always compensate for their lack of achievement / talent in that field by theatrics such as ILS or Tap Out wear or whatever. So it doesn't make sense when guys like MindSpin try and single out bodybuilding as a loser's hobby because of them, while pretending like it's equivalent in MMA doesn't exist.

Any man who tries to assert that he's an alpha male based on his perceived ability to "kick someone's ass" is a much bigger idiot than some dumb meathead who is merely making an ass of himself by trying to flaunt his muscles via ILS or whatever.

On the contrary, most of the pro fighters from our academy and association aren't the alpha male, gotta "kick someone's ass" type you assert.  Most of them are extremely calm, normal looking folks who don't go looking for attention.  Yes, most of them work full time jobs, hoping to get recongnized by a Strikeforce, or UFC, but in the meantime, go about their business and don't need to wear tapout shirts. 

The folks who do that are usually the casual fan who have tried to train, or have trained very little and have the need to act up.  We keep our own in check, because if a fighter from our academy gets negative press, it puts a bad light on the management of the team and leaves little negotiating room for fighters in the future limiting opportunity and pay.  We have to constantly regulate noobs who come into the gym and want to impose their wills on smaller practitioners.  Most good camps will not tolerate an idiot who puts a bad light on a camp.  There is a reason Xtreme Couture, ATT, AKA, Jackson's, Militech produce who they produce.  Ego's must be checked at the door, and rigorous daily practices ensure that everyone assimilates.  Please, no generalisations over fighters.  It is just as bad as making the ILS generalisation over the bloated bellys, G4Pay, etc...

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2009, 12:05:28 PM »
On the contrary, most of the pro fighters from our academy and association aren't the alpha male, gotta "kick someone's ass" type you assert.  Most of them are extremely calm, normal looking folks who don't go looking for attention.  Yes, most of them work full time jobs, hoping to get recongnized by a Strikeforce, or UFC, but in the meantime, go about their business and don't need to wear tapout shirts. 

The folks who do that are usually the casual fan who have tried to train, or have trained very little and have the need to act up.  We keep our own in check, because if a fighter from our academy gets negative press, it puts a bad light on the management of the team and leaves little negotiating room for fighters in the future limiting opportunity and pay.  We have to constantly regulate noobs who come into the gym and want to impose their wills on smaller practitioners.  Most good camps will not tolerate an idiot who puts a bad light on a camp.  There is a reason Xtreme Couture, ATT, AKA, Jackson's, Militech produce who they produce.  Ego's must be checked at the door, and rigorous daily practices ensure that everyone assimilates.  Please, no generalisations over fighters.  It is just as bad as making the ILS generalisation over the bloated bellys, G4Pay, etc...

That's exactly my point. You've got people in both fields who don't feel the need to rub it into people that they are bodybuilders or MMA fighters. Look at the top guys in bodybuilding (other than a few dickheads with the meathead mentality) - they never make a big deal of their physique in public or try and flaunt it every chance they get. Same thing with MMA guys - a lot of them don't show off, but there is a percentage of wannabes who try and act tough by talking about kicking ass or whatever. I'll grant you that it's not the majority who do it, but only a small percentage of the entire sub-group.

There is this other thread in which some people talk about the wannabe bodybuilders and make it seem like they represent the entire faction of people who bodybuild, which is far from true. Which is why I was pointing out that MMA is no different. And it's not just bodybuilding and MMA alone - you have the "wannabes making noise and trying to get attention" phenomenon in just about every sport or activity.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2009, 12:08:34 PM »

That's exactly my point. You've got people in both fields who don't feel the need to rub it into people that they are bodybuilders or MMA fighters. Look at the top guys in bodybuilding (other than a few dickheads with the meathead mentality) - they never make a big deal of their physique in public or try and flaunt it every chance they get. Same thing with MMA guys - a lot of them don't show off, but there is a percentage of wannabes who try and act tough by talking about kicking ass or whatever. I'll grant you that it's not the majority who do it, but only a small percentage of the entire sub-group.

There is this other thread in which some people talk about the wannabe bodybuilders and make it seem like they represent the entire faction of people who bodybuild, which is far from true. Which is why I was pointing out that MMA is no different. And it's not just bodybuilding and MMA alone - you have the "wannabes making noise and trying to get attention" phenomenon in just about every sport or activity.

Could you 2 please keeps the posting down to under book form before the site crashes :-\

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2009, 12:10:42 PM »
Anybody can bodybuild at any level and enjoy themselves. They can also decide to go to shows and see other men and woman practice what they do. They can be 17 or 77 and still enjoy.

That MMA shit on the other hand; you can "train" like an MMA bitch all day long wear all the tapout in the world; at the end of the day, getting punched in the face changes everything;  most likely your coworkers, wife, boyfriends won't appreciate to look at your smashed mug and converse with your leaky brain...

I've competed in Judo for over 10 years at national level and even did the Pan Am games in 1996. I've fucked up my back good doing so but still enjoyed. Joe Schmoe who orders his "MMA formulas" from his favorite supplement company will not have the same luck.

I still think a "fighter" spartan-like subculture is good for prosperity and morale of a nation. But to compare it with Bodybuilding, Apples and Oranges my friends.

Enjoy being strong and looking good.

ahahaha, looks like alex23 got his ass kicked by some "workmate"....

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2009, 12:11:21 PM »

Could you 2 please keeps the posting down to under book form before the site crashes :-\

Over my dead body >:(

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »
Over my dead body >:(

Pipe down before STella thinks were fighting again ::)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:12 PM »

The cigarette smoking, tough talking folks are simply spectators and not folks who train.  The difference is there is no physical evidence of someone training MMA, or combat sports.  Whereas with bodybuilding, there is.  I don't go to the local globo gym simply because of all the BBs who monopolize the equipment, who drop their pants in the middle of the gym to look at their legs and draw attention.  I almost witnessed a fight between a group of powerlifters and BB's over a similar stunt.  I was eagerly awaiting on the side to see what would occur, and nothing.  

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2009, 12:15:32 PM »

Pipe down before STella thinks were fighting again ::)

Hahahaha OK "Zaphod" ::) will do ::) ::) ::)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2009, 12:19:56 PM »
Hahahaha OK "Zaphod" ::) will do ::) ::) ::)

Hahaha,ok moley ::) ::) ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2009, 12:23:43 PM »
I saw a 165lb twink in a tapout shirt at the grocery store last Friday..... I wanted to punch him in the face so bad, but I'm a civilized gent.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #36 on: August 03, 2009, 12:27:27 PM »
I saw a 165lb twink in a tapout shirt at the grocery store last Friday..... I wanted to punch him in the face so bad, but I'm a civilized gent.

Or scared of him...

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 03, 2009, 12:28:56 PM »

Or scared of him...

I'll tap you out, stud..... ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2009, 12:30:46 PM »

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2009, 12:31:04 PM »

Be careful, he could have been a champion in the -166 class in Jiujitsu!!!

Nasty Nate

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2009, 12:37:16 PM »
With tigers and huge swords?

I trained thaiboxing and submission wrestling before me legs got all fucked up :)

I had potential now im nothing, thats why I hate all the time.

Decent knowledge about how to fight could save ones ass at one point or another, you never know :)

That's a cop-out.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2009, 01:43:52 PM »
Be careful, he could have been a champion in the -166 class in Jiujitsu!!!

DK, think he was a champ in the 165lb class of Douchejitsu....even had the tribal arm band tat.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2009, 01:47:20 PM »
DK, think he was a champ in the 165lb class of Douchejitsu....even had the tribal arm band tat.

tribal arm tattoo is the "black belt" sign of MMA, you gotta stay alert!!

he might "armlock" you to make you smell his balls.  :-X :-X

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2009, 02:07:00 PM »
tribal arm tattoo is the "black belt" sign of MMA, you gotta stay alert!!

he might "armlock" you to make you smell his balls.  :-X :-X

I was careful to not make direct eye contact, but I kept him in my line of vision at all times.  He was buying cigs.....hahaha

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2009, 02:12:15 PM »
I was careful to not make direct eye contact, but I kept him in my line of vision at all times.  He was buying cigs.....hahaha

ahaha, oh boy.

Cigarettes are so cool.  ::) ::)

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2009, 02:14:07 PM »
ahaha, oh boy.

Cigarettes are so cool.  ::) ::)

I should have asked him when his next fight is.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2009, 02:38:17 PM »
of course, we all know none of the "bodybuilders" here would say shit to GRACIE JIU-JITSU's face  ;D 
GRACIE JIU-JITSU could rape your girl and all you would do is go to the gym "and attack the weights" haha ;D ;D

another mma fan that can't help but mention rape. I think alot of mma fans have been ignored by women throughout their lives. They are angry towards women. And bodybuilders make them feel insecure and/or weak. 

Alex23

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »
another mma fan that can't help but mention rape. I think alot of mma fans have been ignored by women throughout their lives. They are angry towards women. And bodybuilders make them feel insecure and/or weak. 

HAHAHAHAHAHA exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Royoman, have you noticed that most MM fanboyz in this thread never posted a pic? Just re-enforces your point above...

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2009, 03:27:34 PM »

Now we are getting at the truth here.  :P

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #49 on: August 03, 2009, 04:27:56 PM »
The dipshits who walk around acting like they can kick someones ass are exactly the same guys who are juiced to the gills thinking they can push people around because they are on Tren/ Test. People who feel the need to overcompensate are almost always the same guys who cant fight for their lives or are inflated baloons of sustanon that will deflate the second they come off.

A lot of these guys are exactly the same- If you have to broadcast how tough or strong you are, 99 times out of 100 your a joke. I dont think its just for MMA wannabees or bodybuilding wannabees--- its just for wannabees in general.