Author Topic: The Logics behind "MMA" (oh brother) vs. bodybuilding  (Read 3794 times)

Alex23

The Logics behind "MMA" (oh brother) vs. bodybuilding
« on: July 31, 2009, 05:01:59 PM »
Anybody can bodybuild at any level and enjoy themselves. They can also decide to go to shows and see other men and woman practice what they do. They can be 17 or 77 and still enjoy.

That MMA shit on the other hand; you can "train" like an MMA bitch all day long wear all the tapout in the world; at the end of the day, getting punched in the face changes everything;  most likely your coworkers, wife, boyfriends won't appreciate to look at your smashed mug and converse with your leaky brain...

I've competed in Judo for over 10 years at national level and even did the Pan Am games in 1996. I've fucked up my back good doing so but still enjoyed. Joe Schmoe who orders his "MMA formulas" from his favorite supplement company will not have the same luck.

I still think a "fighter" spartan-like subculture is good for prosperity and morale of a nation. But to compare it with Bodybuilding, Apples and Oranges my friends.

Enjoy being strong and looking good.

spinnis

Re: The Logics behind "MMA" (oh brother) vs. bodybuilding
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 05:18:02 PM »
I wish I was born a long time ago sometimes just because I would have loved to watch the gladiators fight to death in the colosseum and shit.

Fuck me that would have been awesome

Alex23

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 05:21:58 PM »
I wish I was born a long time ago sometimes just because I would have loved to watch the gladiators fight to death in the colosseum and shit.
Fuck me that would have been awesome

I'm pretty sure there's some alike crazy shit underground somewhere...

Swede, would you practice "MMA" and get your pretty smashed as a "hobby"?

spinnis

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 05:24:59 PM »
I'm pretty sure there's some alike crazy shit underground somewhere...

Swede, would you practice "MMA" and get your pretty smashed as a "hobby"?

With tigers and huge swords?

I trained thaiboxing and submission wrestling before me legs got all fucked up :)

I had potential now im nothing, thats why I hate all the time.

Decent knowledge about how to fight could save ones ass at one point or another, you never know :)

jack_ftype

• Getbig II
  • Sans Peur
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:10:58 PM »
I trained thaiboxing and submission wrestling before me legs got all fucked up
your legs got fucked up?  are you in a wheelchair now?  cause if you aren't they probably arent that fucked up and your rationalizing quitting something.  just admit you weren't very good or interested and didn't pursue it, don't blame it on your 'legs'.  If you wanted it bad enough, you'd be fighting MMA in a wheelchair.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:12:25 PM »
Anybody can bodybuild at any level and enjoy themselves. They can also decide to go to shows and see other men and woman practice what they do. They can be 17 or 77 and still enjoy.

That MMA shit on the other hand; you can "train" like an MMA bitch all day long wear all the tapout in the world; at the end of the day, getting punched in the face changes everything;  most likely your coworkers, wife, boyfriends won't appreciate to look at your smashed mug and converse with your leaky brain...

I've competed in Judo for over 10 years at national level and even did the Pan Am games in 1996. I've fucked up my back good doing so but still enjoyed. Joe Schmoe who orders his "MMA formulas" from his favorite supplement company will not have the same luck.

I still think a "fighter" spartan-like subculture is good for prosperity and morale of a nation. But to compare it with Bodybuilding, Apples and Oranges my friends.

Training MMA isn't for everyone.  Certainly not for me.  But as a spectator sport, it is one of the most exciting.  In any combat sport, injuries abound.  My 41 year old knees are comparable to some 65-70 year olds, according to my doctor.  I can't shoot with any authority, and normally pull guard in tournaments.  Just because you can't do it doesn't mean you can't appreciate it.  I still compete 2-3 times a year in BJJ.  May not be able to be a world beater, but it is therapeutic for me.  I love the competition, comradery.  

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 06:24:43 PM »

Bodybuilders, some look good, in the photos . The rest look like 9 months pregnant.
 Female bodybuilders, are you sure you want to talk about that?
 Strong, but a 170 pound MMA fighter can submit you.

8)
Gracie Rules

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 07:35:12 PM »
bodybuilders can look good - depends on how they train and what their diet is like. They can get all the benefits of looking much better than average population.

MMA fighters - well, if you're not in top20 most popular fighters in the world, no one's going to be able to tell you're a MMA fighter. You'll basically have to wear Afflication or Tapout shirts but the bad news is, everyone wears them these days. So, the only way to build any credibility is to tell people around you you can beat much bigger guys than you are. Big fucking deal. We don't live middle ages anymore. Go fight a random person on the street and you'll find yourself in jail

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 07:52:32 PM »
bodybuilders can look good - depends on how they train and what their diet is like. They can get all the benefits of looking much better than average population.

MMA fighters - well, if you're not in top20 most popular fighters in the world, no one's going to be able to tell you're a MMA fighter. You'll basically have to wear Afflication or Tapout shirts but the bad news is, everyone wears them these days. So, the only way to build any credibility is to tell people around you you can beat much bigger guys than you are. Big fucking deal. We don't live middle ages anymore. Go fight a random person on the street and you'll find yourself in jail

It would be a nice scene, in front of the judge.
 300 pound guy with a black eye, missing 3 teeth full of juice " will no pass blood or urine  test":
 Your Honour, he beat me snif snif snif :'( :'( :'(.
 170 MMA guy no juice," will pass on blood or urine test:
 It was self-defense, your Honour.

8)

Gracie Rules

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 08:02:29 PM »
For every stupid meathead who walks around with an ILS or who is genuinely built but is acting like a douche showing it off (like wearing short sleeve shirts and spandex shorts in winter), you can find just as many (if not more) morons who wear Tap Out and act all tough, pretending to be MMA or UFC fighters when all they have under their belt is a few sparring sessions in the gym.

There are wannabes in every sport and subculture who always compensate for their lack of achievement / talent in that field by theatrics such as ILS or Tap Out wear or whatever. So it doesn't make sense when guys like MindSpin try and single out bodybuilding as a loser's hobby because of them, while pretending like it's equivalent in MMA doesn't exist.

Any man who tries to assert that he's an alpha male based on his perceived ability to "kick someone's ass" is a much bigger idiot than some dumb meathead who is merely making an ass of himself by trying to flaunt his muscles via ILS or whatever.

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 08:54:31 PM »
It would be a nice scene, in front of the judge.
 300 pound guy with a black eye, missing 3 teeth full of juice " will no pass blood or urine  test":
 Your Honour, he beat me snif snif snif :'( :'( :'(.
 170 MMA guy no juice," will pass on blood or urine test:
 It was self-defense, your Honour.

Unfortunately, it's scenes like this most MMA guys must fantasize about - in the meanwhile, bodybuilders are pussy pulling machines while many MMA guys have disgusting cauliflower ears and beat up face. Physically many look average, so they have to wear "scary" looking MMA shirts with skulls on them.

Just wanted to add a note - I'm a MMA fan and love watching it. There's just too many amateur MMA douchebags that go around bragging how they could beat people. Seriously.. so fucking what? Good fighting ability was useful around stone age. It's looks and brain that makes a difference in today's society.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:46:00 PM »
I prefer "submitting" women a lot more than men, so i train to look good :D

you guys have fun "side mounting" each other while I mount your girl ;)

The_Hammer

• Getbig V
  • President Barack Obama -- 2 Term U.S. President
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2009, 11:22:01 PM »

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2009, 11:28:30 PM »

First time they ever had ass...and it's paid for....But of course just because people are pictured together, doesn't mean they, have, will, or are sleeping together, especially some drunk gals ;D

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2009, 05:41:07 AM »
your legs got fucked up?  are you in a wheelchair now?  cause if you aren't they probably arent that fucked up and your rationalizing quitting something.  just admit you weren't very good or interested and didn't pursue it, don't blame it on your 'legs'.  If you wanted it bad enough, you'd be fighting MMA in a wheelchair.

I cant explain it in english, I still cant even run hell not even jog :)

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2009, 09:08:01 AM »

Well!!! bodybuilders can't f*ck for 5 minutes straight, runs out of breath. :-*
Gracie Rules

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2009, 09:14:18 AM »
Unfortunately, it's scenes like this most MMA guys must fantasize about - in the meanwhile, bodybuilders are pussy pulling machines while many MMA guys have disgusting cauliflower ears and beat up face. Physically many look average, so they have to wear "scary" looking MMA shirts with skulls on them.

Just wanted to add a note - I'm a MMA fan and love watching it. There's just too many amateur MMA douchebags that go around bragging how they could beat people. Seriously.. so fucking what? Good fighting ability was useful around stone age. It's looks and brain that makes a difference in today's society.

Bodybuilders are more like "pussies wrecked clunks" ;D
 Pregnant, bald,acne and sweating like a pig. should I continue?
 That really makes a difference in today's society.

Have a nice day :-*
Gracie Rules

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #17 on: August 01, 2009, 09:22:25 AM »

Well!!! bodybuilders can't f*ck for 5 minutes straight, runs out of breath. :-*

I believe this argument is for the regular guy and which endeavor they choose to participate in. I don't think Big Alex was talking about pros in either "sport". A guy can "bodybuild" and still be in great cardiovascular condition. However once you get to be the size of a pro obviously no woman is going to take you too serious unless they have some type of a fetish.
E

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2009, 09:46:23 AM »
For every stupid meathead who walks around with an ILS or who is genuinely built but is acting like a douche showing it off (like wearing short sleeve shirts and spandex shorts in winter), you can find just as many (if not more) morons who wear Tap Out and act all tough, pretending to be MMA or UFC fighters when all they have under their belt is a few sparring sessions in the gym.

There are wannabes in every sport and subculture who always compensate for their lack of achievement / talent in that field by theatrics such as ILS or Tap Out wear or whatever. So it doesn't make sense when guys like MindSpin try and single out bodybuilding as a loser's hobby because of them, while pretending like it's equivalent in MMA doesn't exist.

Any man who tries to assert that he's an alpha male based on his perceived ability to "kick someone's ass" is a much bigger idiot than some dumb meathead who is merely making an ass of himself by trying to flaunt his muscles via ILS or whatever.
great post brother

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #19 on: August 01, 2009, 04:39:24 PM »

exacly and if you aren't a top fighter, you don't make anymore than lower tier pro bodybuilders

E
E

Alex23

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »
great post brother

Kiwiol can only be post-challenged by himself. Nobody comes even close.

I firmly believe he does have extra sensory power. I'm not joking here.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2009, 06:29:46 PM »
Wow chuck lidell got a stripper to strip for him. What are the chances of that? :D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2009, 01:34:57 PM »

^
What he said.

Alex23

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »

^
What he said.

LOLOLOL @ "side mounting" ;D

groink = attention to the details in the funny ;D

Grenade

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2009, 10:54:58 PM »
of course, we all know none of the "bodybuilders" here would say shit to GRACIE JIU-JITSU's face  ;D 
GRACIE JIU-JITSU could rape your girl and all you would do is go to the gym "and attack the weights" haha ;D ;D