Author Topic: Fedor signs with Strikeforce  (Read 5968 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Re: Fedor signs with Strikeforce
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 11:12:32 AM »
Fedor Emelianenko has signed a three-fight deal with Strikeforce that’s likely to begin in the fall. The common reaction from both fans and UFC honchos has been the idea that Emelianenko simply isn’t interested in testing himself against top competition.

For the sake of argument: while the UFC holds a majority share of quality heavyweights, the idea that Emelianenko’s legacy will be tainted by never making eye contact with them is a stretch.

Consider:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira: A non-entity where Emelianenko is concerned. He loses a fourth fight only if he fractures both his hands against Nogueira’s skull.

Randy Couture: Legendary, but well into middle age.

Frank Mir: Smashed to pieces by Brock Lesnar, and traditionally weakest where Emelianenko is strongest: dropping nuclear bombs on grounded opponents.

Ben Rothwell, Junior dos Santos, Mirko “Cro Cop” Filipovic, Cheick Kongo: I could think of better ways to spend a Saturday.

Putting aside inter-divisional fights with Anderson Silva or Lyoto Machida -- which would be lots of fun for spectators -- the UFC really has three upper-tier heavyweights with skills that could potentially give Emelianenko a very hard time: Brock Lesnar, Shane Carwin and Cain Velasquez. Three.

Strikeforce can match the ante with Alistair Overeem, Brett Rogers and some kind of wild card entrant: Bobby Lashley, Blagoi Ivanov, perhaps even Josh Barnett.

Predictions
 40/61

FREAKgeek

• Getbig V
  • Fan of the Golden Era
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2009, 11:14:37 AM »
Read the boards, articles, chat rooms, etc.  The overwhelming majority of MMA fans agree that Fedor is a pussy puppet who is running from the UFC...

I don't see that. There is a considerable amount of Fedor apologist posts on Sherdog.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2009, 11:30:36 AM »
LOL are you people on crack?

Overeem, Werdum and Rogers are certainly on par with anyone in the UFC besides maybe Brock who has a whopping 5 fights in his life, 2 of which were an absolute joke and one which he lost.

Nogeurra is 1/10th what he was and fedor destroyed him twice. Randy is so old and beat up he's going to have to be rolled to the ring in a wheelbarrow for his next fight. Mir was and is over-rated. Buentello? Give me a fucking break.

Your only arguments are Carwin, Congo and Brock. If those 3 are better on paper than Overeem Werdum and Rogers its not by much.

Saying that Overeem lost all his big fights, dude look at that list of opponents and when he fought them; All in their prime. Who the fuck in the UFC has even lost, let alone fought that many legitimate top fighters in the world? Nogera 100 years ago and maybe Randy. Nobody else fighting heavyweight has fought 1 100th the guys Overeem has fought.

Look man I feel bad for you. I know.... it was hard for me to finally admit to myself too. There is no doubt about
it...Fedor is a pussy!

Tell me what MMA fighter would turn down a huge deal with all the freedom he wants, as well as an opportunity to
show the largest audience in the world what his legacy is all about. Even if the UFC 'may' not have the best talent,
he still could bring what the majority of the MMA world wants....him in the UFC.

It's cool. If he ever does come to the UFC,I will forgive him. Until then he is a pussy.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2009, 11:38:45 AM »
Who the fuck is better? Brock Lesnar? He's proven himself?

We can argue all day about what org has the best talent...It's ALWAYS debatable.
Talent isn't really the point enirely.

The UFC can give Fedor the biggest audience to prove his talent. What is a belt or legacy worth if nodody cares
about it.

It sucks in a way...but that is politics.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2009, 12:11:44 PM »
fedors more of an M-1 "company man" than he is a fighter...

much like Oscar was in the latter stages of his career when he started promoting fights..

he was just going through the motions when he had to actually get in the ring and do it..

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2009, 12:52:51 PM »
fedors more of an M-1 "company man" than he is a fighter...

much like Oscar was in the latter stages of his career when he started promoting fights..

he was just going through the motions when he had to actually get in the ring and do it..

This is somewhat true...but the UFC was going to give M-1 tons of exposure too. All the advertising they wanted.
No excuses  for Fedor. He is a pussy.

RxBandit

• Getbig III
  • Team Germany approved.
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2009, 12:53:34 PM »
Who needs a Fedor in the UFC anyway... infamous KIMBO is on his way!
...no question.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2009, 12:56:33 PM »
Who needs a Fedor in the UFC anyway... infamous KIMBO is on his way!

The UFC does not need Fedor. They do not need Kimbo.
They have such a great org. They do not need any ONE fighter.
Stability. The UFC has it. Others don't.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2009, 01:35:10 PM »
You guys are missing the bigger picture here. Its a 3 fight deal. Strikeforce has 3 legit heavyweights. Once that contract is up, Fedor is a free agent again. If Brock and Fedor are both undefeated at that point, its a foregone conclusion that he fights Brock. To be honest, there is absolutely no one in the UFC I would even want to watch Fedor fight besides Brock anyway (at least at heavyweight). Brock gets to build a decent resume, Fedor continues his dominance and after 3 fights each, I am willing to bet anything that if both haven't lost, they will find a way to make the fight happen.

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2009, 02:53:35 PM »
You guys are missing the bigger picture here. Its a 3 fight deal. Strikeforce has 3 legit heavyweights. Once that contract is up, Fedor is a free agent again. If Brock and Fedor are both undefeated at that point, its a foregone conclusion that he fights Brock. To be honest, there is absolutely no one in the UFC I would even want to watch Fedor fight besides Brock anyway (at least at heavyweight). Brock gets to build a decent resume, Fedor continues his dominance and after 3 fights each, I am willing to bet anything that if both haven't lost, they will find a way to make the fight happen.

Are you serious? Fedor will never step up an come to the UFC.
Meanwhile he is a pussy with M-1 as his master.

gmflex

• Getbig V
  • The Empire lives...you rebel scum!!!
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2009, 07:23:55 PM »
Are you serious? Fedor will never step up an come to the UFC.
Meanwhile he is a pussy with M-1 as his master.

;D ;D

Your such a UFC guy!!
Get over it!!
The UFC does not have the best fighters!!1 ;D

Fedor made the right decision.... ;D

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »

;D ;D

Your such a UFC guy!!
Get over it!!

What would be the biggest PPV in history? Brock vs. Fedor.
This is what the fans want to see. It would definitely show if Fedor was the real deal.

Besides...better join the nuthuggers. Someday soon that is all you will have to watch.
Sucks to say that...but with the stupidity the other orgs have, it is most likely going to happen.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:31 PM »

;D ;D

Your such a UFC guy!!
Get over it!!

Outside of Fedor, who, in the heavyweight division would have a chance against Brock (And I hate him)?  Fedor is the only legit Heavyweight out there.  Overeem is too inconsistent, Aleks can't clear the AC. 

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2009, 01:58:00 PM »
Some of you guys are just anti-ufc. How has Strikeforce got the best competition?

Off another site:

Overeem that is 29-11. This is the guy that is supposed to be a test for Fedor, a guy that has lost virtually every big fight he has ever been in.

He lost to Kharitonov in K1 Heroes
He lost to Mauricio Rua X2
He lost to Arona
He lost to Nog X2
He lost to Werdum
He lost to Chuck Liddell

Every time the guy has a big fight, he pretty much loses. He has a win over Mark Hunt, who BTW is 5-6 in MMA. yea you read that correctly, 5-6.

yeah i don't get the overeem hype either

as for fedor, i just don't get it at all :-\

E
E

L00n

• Getbig IV
  • Bulgaria
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2009, 03:16:12 PM »
Blagoi Ivanov  have already defeat Fedor once in sambo competition.  ;)

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #40 on: August 05, 2009, 03:35:11 PM »

both will lose within there next 3 fights.
DAWG

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #41 on: August 05, 2009, 07:42:36 PM »
I dont see it bro. Brock is too big and too powerful; Hes improved with every fight. Unless he stands and trades with Carwin and gets ko'd, he's not losing.

Fedor-- I'll believe it when I see it. Even when he's bullshitting and doesn't prepare he wins convincingly. I don't think he will take the Strikeforce HW's lightly.

I honestly think this is all building up to a huge mega card with cross promotion where Brock and Fedor have one showdown to determine who is the best heavyweight in the world. Give it another year and a half or so. If Strikeforce/Dream becomes a viable alternative and the title holders of their respective weightclasses are game, it would be fucking awesome to see a UFC v. Strikeforce faceoff. I know Im talking out of my ass, but it would be pretty damn exciting.