Author Topic: Summerslam  (Read 3694 times)

cheftim

• Getbig III
Summerslam
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:44:33 PM »
Whats the card gonna be?
Orton/Cena
DX/Legacy
Show, Jericho/Crime Time
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Undertaker wrote on Facebook he's back at Summerslam.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Summerslam
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 04:34:20 AM »
Sounds like thats what the card will be. I imagine others will figth too like Kofi Kingston and Jack Swaggar. Batista is due back very soon, Michaels will be back and same with Matt Hardy so I imagine there will definately be some outside interference and new fueds starting. Taker is heeling up and will be back in october from what i've heard.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:15:04 PM »
i thought they changed the name to summerfest at least that's what jeremy piven said.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:17:41 PM »
i thought they changed the name to summerfest at least that's what jeremy piven said.
No. The idiot GM Piven fucked up when mentioning the event on raw last week. Its still summerslam. They need to loose this "surprise celebrety" guest gm thing already.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 12:24:15 PM »
No. The idiot GM Piven fucked up when mentioning the event on raw last week. Its still summerslam. They need to loose this "surprise celebrety" guest gm thing already.
             i knew he messed it up, but your point is well taken at least get a guest host that actually follows wrestling. example levon kirkland former nfl linebacker used to watch raw instead of monday night football.
F

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 01:46:10 PM »
             i knew he messed it up, but your point is well taken at least get a guest host that actually follows wrestling. example levon kirkland former nfl linebacker used to watch raw instead of monday night football.
Even Shaq was pretty good. At least he hyped the crowd. But I honestly think they should get one gm only. Pick someone like Ric Falir, sign him to a good deal for that position and let that be the end of it.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
Whats the card gonna be?
Orton/Cena
DX/Legacy
Show, Jericho/Crime Time
Anybody have any thoughts on this? Undertaker wrote on Facebook he's back at Summerslam.

I think the ones you've got there will go ahead, although Vince likes making last minute changes these days.

Also:
CM Punk vs Jeff Hardy
Kofi Kingston vs Jack Swagger
Rey Mysterio vs Dolph Ziggler
Kane vs Great Khali

I think if Taker does return at SS, I think he'll interfere at the end of the title match to start a new feud.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 07:42:09 PM »
Haven't watched any programming in over a month. Please dont bring DX back.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 08:59:09 AM »
Please dont bring DX back.

Unfortunately so.  I used to love DX, but these days it's like they're just running out of idea's, so they dig them out again.  Maybe if they recruit some new members it might be better?

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 04:24:52 PM »
Unfortunately so.  I used to love DX, but these days it's like they're just running out of idea's, so they dig them out again.  Maybe if they recruit some new members it might be better?
The only time I really cared for them was after WM 14 with x pac and the NAO. Shawn doesn't have that long left and i dont think he should be wasted in this angle again.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2009, 07:52:45 PM »

Again he's keeping HHH afloat. HBK is the showstoppa. It's only because HHH is married into the family that HBK has to sit in the passengers seat with DX. Shawn is DX. HHH just cashed in on his winning lottery ticket.
I personally think its lazy booking and a way to make $$, they sell a ton of merchandise. Hopefully they don't kill Legacy like they did the Spirit Squad in 06. I am glad the Orton-HHH program is done for a while.  i think a Swagger-HHH feud would be great.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 06:36:00 AM »
I personally think its lazy booking and a way to make $$, they sell a ton of merchandise. Hopefully they don't kill Legacy like they did the Spirit Squad in 06. I am glad the Orton-HHH program is done for a while.  i think a Swagger-HHH feud would be great.

I can't decide yet if they're gonna allow Legacy to beat DX.  I can't see it happening at the moment, but you never know.  How long are Legacy gonna last?  I read a while ago that they wanted to turn DiBiase face before the release of The Marine 2.  That must be coming up soon.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 05:13:17 AM »
You have to remember that the older stars like Michaels & HHH are getting up there in age. HHH is 40 (which isn't too bad) but Michaels is 44. Sooner or later you have to let the younger up coming stars go over in order to secure them a spot in the top seats.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 08:50:15 AM »
DID CHYNA BURN HER BRIDGE ,not that it would matter due to her being a much slimmed version of herself.but that dx is long gone with roaddog,billy gunn,hhh,hbk.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2009, 11:56:39 AM »
DID CHYNA BURN HER BRIDGE ,not that it would matter due to her being a much slimmed version of herself.but that dx is long gone with roaddog,billy gunn,hhh,hbk.
Chyna was axed by Stephanie McMahon. The reason was because she was the ex girlfriend of HHH and HHH gave Chyna the boot and was involved in a relationship with Stephanie. It was a political firing.

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:34 PM »
Final Card. Predictions in bold

Jerishow v Cryme Tyme Tag Team Titles
William Regal v Christian ECW Title
MVP v Jack Swagger
Kane v Khali
Dolph Ziggler v Rey Mysterio IC Title
DX v Legacy
Randy Orton v John Cena WWE Title
Jeff Hardy v CM Punk WHC

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2009, 05:23:39 AM »
My predictions...

Orton beats Cena
DX beats Legacy
Regal beats Christian
Crymetime beats Show / Jericho
Swagger beats MVP
Hardy beats Punk

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 09:05:17 AM »
I reckon:

William Regal v Christian - ECW Title
MVP v Jack Swagger
Kane v Khali
Dolph Ziggler v Rey Mysterio - IC Title
Jericho & Big Show v Cryme Tyme - Unified Tag Title
DX v Legacy
Randy Orton v John Cena - WWE Title
Jeff Hardy v CM Punk - World HW Title

Ruffneck

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:23 AM »
Did not order Summerslam last night as it looked like a B show ppv.....shocking. wrestling is truly in limbo at the moment

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 04:55:39 AM »
My predictions...

Orton beats Cena
DX beats Legacy
Regal beats Christian
Crymetime beats Show / Jericho
Swagger beats MVP
Hardy beats Punk
Boy was I a tad off with my predictions...I posted the results for anyone interested...