Author Topic: Seattle Bank Teller Loses Job After Thwarting Heist  (Read 2602 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Seattle Bank Teller Loses Job After Thwarting Heist
« on: August 04, 2009, 07:51:58 AM »
Crime doesn't pay, and neither does stopping one.

A Seattle bank teller learned that lesson the hard way last week when he thwarted a would-be robbery — and got fired for bucking company policy.

Jim Nicholson was working at a Key Bank branch on Tuesdaywhen a man wearing a beanie cap, dark clothing and sunglasses entered the bank and demanded money. That's when instinct overwhelmed him.

"They tell us that we're just supposed to comply, but my instincts kicked in and I did what's best to stop the guy," the 30-year-old Nicholson told The Seattle Times. "I thought if I let him go he would rob more banks and cause more problems."

Rather than comply with the robber's demands, Nicholson tossed his bag to the floor, lunged at the suspect and demanded to see a weapon.

"My intent was to grab his glasses off his face, or him," Nicholson told the paper.

The man ran, and Nicholson chased him for several blocks before knocking him down with help from a passerby. Nicholson then held the suspect, Aaron J. Sloan, 29, until police arrived.

Nicholson's reward? Two days after the failed heist, he was fired.

Read more at...
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,536361,00.html

Sam

• Getbig IV
  • I just shoot the bastards.....Thats my policy!
Re: Seattle Bank Teller Loses Job After Thwarting Heist
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 07:59:59 AM »
Fucking disgraceful. The bosses who fired him should go.

A society that is brainwashed by do-gooders and political invertebrates are just lying down to these robbing, crime diseased drug fulled arseholes.

Any true getbigger would stand up to them

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 08:04:52 AM »
why is this world turning into a bunch of pussies that hide behind keyboards, gloat that they have 1000 friends on facebook but in real life maybe have 1 or 2.  What a pathetic fucking generation.

The Wizard of Truth

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Fallen Angel
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 08:10:49 AM »
The one good thing about arab countries is that robbers get publicily fucked up and beaten to death
Too many do gooders in the Western world

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 08:11:31 AM »
The one good thing about arab countries is that robbers get publicily fucked up and beaten to death
Too many do gooders in the Western world

Not just Arab countries.  In Singapore they cane the fuckers.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 08:18:46 AM »
Props to the teller...although rather stupid if he would've been shot/killed while trying to save the bank's $$....everyone should be armed at all times, makes for a more polite society...puts an 80 yr old granny on the same level as a 200lb man.

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 08:20:48 AM »
Fucking disgraceful. The bosses who fired him should go.

A society that is brainwashed by do-gooders and political invertebrates are just lying down to these robbing, crime diseased drug fulled arseholes.

Any true getbigger would stand up to them

banking my ass

the most corrupt industry there is

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2009, 09:33:58 AM »
Props to the teller...although rather stupid if he would've been shot/killed while trying to save the bank's $$....everyone should be armed at all times, makes for a more polite society...puts an 80 yr old granny on the same level as a 200lb man.

The whole point of his termination is becasue of that...Every industry has proticols that MUST be followed to protect people, machinery, safety etc. This clown ass could have caused that potential robber to pull out a automatic weapon, if he had one, and proceed to kill multiple tellers and customers. Banks inform tellers from day one, if there is a robbery do NOT resist just give the robber whatever cash is in the draw (which is limited anyway) and comply with his/her demands...It is all for the safety of the customers and employees. THis jackass supposedly jumping over the counter and pursuing someone, could have brought not only deadly harm to himself but to others...and for what??? The money is not his, the bank is not his why risk anything for nothing? Personally I don't feel sorry for him at all...he'll think otherwise next job he is on.

BTW there was a case in New York where a security guard went runnign after a person who stole a few things from a 99 cent store. The supposed thief got into his car and drove off while the security guard pursed on foot, the guard somehow grabbed hold of the car and as the car turned the security guard was thrown under the wheels and killed...and for what!!! SOME 99 CENT MERCHANDISE!!!!. Sad part about it all the store owner then spoke saying "I don't know why he went after the person"...clearly showing he3 was unconcerned about the mans death as well as keeping himself from being seen as the person who told the guard to run after the supposed thief in the first place. This bank had to protect itself from potential MAJOR LAWSUITS. Imagine had this potential robber pulled out a gun and shot and or killed multiple people? The families would have sued the bank into failure..and why? the first thing they and lawyers would have said is Why did this teller not follow protocol and refrain from foolish actions that cost the people such harm/death. They would have then made the bank liable and the bank would have ended up paying out MILLIONS...
C

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2009, 09:40:50 AM »
erm read the whole article...there s more to the story:

Nicholson, who could not be reached for comment Monday, told The Seattle Times it wasn't the first time he had pursued a thief, citing past experiences with shoplifters at retail jobs in New York and California.

"It's something I almost look forward to," Nicholson said. "It's a thrill and I'm an adrenaline-junkie person. It's the pursuit."

looks like someone with psychological problems to me...

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2009, 09:41:06 AM »
The whole point of his termination is becasue of that...Every industry has proticols that MUST be followed to protect people, machinery, safety etc. This clown ass could have caused that potential robber to pull out a automatic weapon, if he had one, and proceed to kill multiple tellers and customers. Banks inform tellers from day one, if there is a robbery do NOT resist just give the robber whatever cash is in the draw (which is limited anyway) and comply with his/her demands...It is all for the safety of the customers and employees. THis jackass supposedly jumping over the counter and pursuing someone, could have brought not only deadly harm to himself but to others...and for what??? The money is not his, the bank is not his why risk anything for nothing? Personally I don't feel sorry for him at all...he'll think otherwise next job he is on.

BTW there was a case in New York where a security guard went runnign after a person who stole a few things from a 99 cent store. The supposed thief got into his car and drove off while the security guard pursed on foot, the guard somehow grabbed hold of the car and as the car turned the security guard was thrown under the wheels and killed...and for what!!! SOME 99 CENT MERCHANDISE!!!!. Sad part about it all the store owner then spoke saying "I don't know why he went after the person"...clearly showing he3 was unconcerned about the mans death as well as keeping himself from being seen as the person who told the guard to run after the supposed thief in the first place. This bank had to protect itself from potential MAJOR LAWSUITS. Imagine had this potential robber pulled out a gun and shot and or killed multiple people? The families would have sued the bank into failure..and why? the first thing they and lawyers would have said is Why did this teller not follow protocol and refrain from foolish actions that cost the people such harm/death. They would have then made the bank liable and the bank would have ended up paying out MILLIONS...

I will tell you for what.  Because sooner or later somebody has to stand up to scum, and fuck the consequences. It is do-gooders like you who perpetuate this attitude of, ''oh well, never mind, let them get away with it''

Who knows where scum like this will decide to rob next - It could be your house!

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »
LOL. Guy was probably trying to be a hero as a last ditch effort to stop his girl from dumping him for being a boring bank teller. Now he has no girl and no job.  :D

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2009, 09:55:04 AM »
he should apply to be a cop or security gard instead...

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2009, 09:59:07 AM »
this is some fucked up shit....im not feeling this at all...i would turn into a bad guy if i was him

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2009, 10:00:51 AM »
this is some fucked up shit....im not feeling this at all...i would turn into a bad guy if i was him

he did this several times before workign for his last employer...i bet he hid this fact when he got employed . The guy has issues, he must watch too many super heroes movies...

Sam

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2009, 10:02:05 AM »
To do gods work, you sometimes have to release the devil.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2009, 10:28:04 AM »

Bingo.

I was a bank teller when I was in college.  Good job, flexible hours, multiple locations (if you wanted it).  The job is to be a teller not a crime fighter.  When faced with a robbery your job is to trip the silent alarm, include the dye pack or marked bills, get a good description of the suspect, etc.  That is all.  Trying to be a hero gets you or other people killed.  I worked in a large, high volume branch.  Fortunately, we were never robbed (externally) during my time there, but we were looted by an inside job.  I know who did it but could never prove it and kept my mouth shut.

If this guy is an adrenaline-junkie and has the instinct to fight crime he should go join law enforcement or the military.

Btw, anyone remember that American punk who vandalized/spray painted cars while living somewhere in Asia (Singapore?) about 15 years ago?  The US tried to intervene to prevent it, but he was brutally caned (whipped) as punishment?  I’m all for that!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2009, 10:28:38 AM »
if every bank robber knew that every cashier, customer, and hero with a concealed weapons permit was just begging for the chance to kick the shit out of him, we'd have a lot less bank robbers.

People who rob banks in FL do so with a quiet note.  You go in there waving a hand cannon and 80-year old granny is likely to pop you in the head with a .32 while you're collecting purses and wallets.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

The bank has to do what it feels is in the best interests of keeping people from being harmed.

Good on the guy, but he should have no trouble getting a job with Blackwater.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2009, 10:45:08 AM »
The bank has to do what it feels is in the best interests of keeping people from being harmed.

Good on the guy, but he should have no trouble getting a job with Blackwater.

I belive they're called "Xe" now, pronounced "Zee", and yes, they kick some fantastic worldwide ass and should be a good fit.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 10:48:32 AM »
The pussification of America continues. 

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2009, 11:03:40 AM »
The pussification of America continues. 
dont ever come in europe then, cause it's ten times worse.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2009, 11:06:28 AM »
dont ever come in europe then, cause it's ten times worse.

I know. I guess if everybody was a vigilante, it would suck.  99% of people would not do what this guy did, so I'm not concerned about it becoming a problem.  Since he was on the right side, they should have let him keep his job or moved him to security guard.

uberman09

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2009, 11:17:21 AM »
I know. I guess if everybody was a vigilante, it would suck.  99% of people would not do what this guy did, so I'm not concerned about it becoming a problem.  Since he was on the right side, they should have let him keep his job or moved him to security guard.
you ve got to do your thing and not care about the others in our modern occidental societies. "Being altruist/cooperative/good teammate"= being an hypocritcal asshole/boss cock sucker nowadays.  And if he wants to work in security, then he'll have to do it by himself, nobody s going to give him a job just because he ran after several robers as a bank teller...

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 11:29:18 AM »
how much?  a guy worked w/back in the day pocketed about $100K and walked on some rehab thing.   

It was enough to buy/down payment on a new car.

One of my managers at that branch had been with the bank a long time and had many robbery stories to tell.  One day, while we were chilling in the lounge, she told us of an inside robbery where a teller took the loot into the ladies room and hid it in the ceiling by lifting one of the ceiling tiles and stashing the money there--knowing that everyone would be searched that evening when the money came up missing.  For weeks, no one knew what happened to the money, and everyone was watched like a hawk by the FBI (every bank robbery is investigated by the FBI since the money is federally insured).  They monitored physical movements as well as the electronic movements of all employees and their family members. 

Many months later, when the teller thought she was safe, she retrieved the loot and slowly began to deposit the cash into various accounts.  She didn’t realize the FBI was still watching.  Remember, they can view all her accounts at any US bank going back years.  When they realized her new deposits were inconsistent with her deposit history they nabbed her.  Eventually, she cracked and confessed.  Hiding the loot in the ceiling tile was pretty sly.  I gotta give her credit for that! LOL.

Nizar

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 11:51:43 AM »
It was enough to buy/down payment on a new car.

One of my managers at that branch had been with the bank a long time and had many robbery stories to tell.  One day, while we were chilling in the lounge, she told us of an inside robbery where a teller took the loot into the ladies room and hid it in the ceiling by lifting one of the ceiling tiles and stashing the money there--knowing that everyone would be searched that evening when the money came up missing.  For weeks, no one knew what happened to the money, and everyone was watched like a hawk by the FBI (every bank robbery is investigated by the FBI since the money is federally insured).  They monitored physical moments as well as the electronic movements of all employees and their family members. 

Many months later, when the teller thought she was safe, she retrieved the loot and slowly began to deposit the cash into various accounts.  She didn’t realize the FBI was still watching.  Remember, they can view all her accounts at any US bank going back years.  When they realized her new deposits were inconsistent with her deposit history they nabbed her.  Eventually, she cracked and confessed.  Hiding the loot in the ceiling tile was pretty sly.  I gotta give her credit for that! LOL.

They were watching them for months?  :o