Author Topic: Paula Abdul: "I've Decided Not to Return to Idol"  (Read 5141 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Paula Abdul: "I've Decided Not to Return to Idol"
« on: August 04, 2009, 08:43:15 PM »
Michael Becker / FOX
 Paula Abdul's American Idol journey has ended.

Less than a week after E! News confirmed that Kara DioGuardi will be returning to the judges' table, Abdul wrote on Twitter Tuesday that she will not be back for the show's ninth season.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all...being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon," read two tweets posted shortly after 7:30 p.m.

"What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me," Abdul continued. "It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month.

"I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."

Abdul's rep didn't immediately return a request for comment, but her manager, David Sonenberg, was rather blunt recently when asked about Abdul's prospects in the wake of the $45 million deal inked by Ryan Seacrest and the even more mindboggling figure reportedly being negotiated by Simon Cowell.

Sonenberg told the Los Angeles Times a couple weeks ago that producers hadn't even approached Abdul with a number, a lack of action he called "kind of unconscionable and certainly rude and disrespectful."

Reps for FremantleMedia, 19 Entertainment and Fox have remained quiet amid the rumblings that Abdul was getting ready to walk (or being given her walking papers).

Then again, until they literally remove that fourth chair at the table, anything's possible—especially if the news of Abdul's doneness promotes a strong enough reaction from fans.

As of press time, IFBB Professional Bodybuilder Paco Bautista declined comment.

Army of One

• Getbig V
Re: Paula Abdul: "I've Decided Not to Return to Idol"
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 09:09:55 PM »

lol

hugestatus

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 09:35:05 PM »
LOL

Stavios

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2009, 09:50:58 PM »
LMFAO!!!!

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:55 PM »
LOL!

Fuck, as much as I hate that drunken slut, she's 1000x better than that talentless never-was, Kara....not that I'd watch that shit anyway.

Show went to the shitter this past season, which saved me lots of time worrying about it. 

All hail Cook and Daughtry!! (and Clarkson and Underwood)  Everyone else can suck a butt.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2009, 10:19:33 PM »
Abdul wanted 20 million and Simon basically gave her her walking papers...Make no mistake people, Simon calls all the shots on and off the show...

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2009, 10:41:04 PM »
Michael Becker / FOX
 Paula Abdul's American Idol journey has ended.

Less than a week after E! News confirmed that Kara DioGuardi will be returning to the judges' table, Abdul wrote on Twitter Tuesday that she will not be back for the show's ninth season.

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to #IDOL. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all...being a part of a show that I helped from day1become an international phenomenon," read two tweets posted shortly after 7:30 p.m.

"What I want to say most, is how much I appreciate the undying support and enormous love that you have showered upon me," Abdul continued. "It truly has been breathtaking, especially over the past month.

"I do without any doubt have the BEST fans in the entire world and I love you all."

Abdul's rep didn't immediately return a request for comment, but her manager, David Sonenberg, was rather blunt recently when asked about Abdul's prospects in the wake of the $45 million deal inked by Ryan Seacrest and the even more mindboggling figure reportedly being negotiated by Simon Cowell.

Sonenberg told the Los Angeles Times a couple weeks ago that producers hadn't even approached Abdul with a number, a lack of action he called "kind of unconscionable and certainly rude and disrespectful."

Reps for FremantleMedia, 19 Entertainment and Fox have remained quiet amid the rumblings that Abdul was getting ready to walk (or being given her walking papers).

Then again, until they literally remove that fourth chair at the table, anything's possible—especially if the news of Abdul's doneness promotes a strong enough reaction from fans.

Nice bodybuilding related thread, champion. I've seen you post over the years threads on all subjects except bodybuilding. The only exception was the recent thread on whether Ronnie teared his quad or no.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 01:01:59 AM »
  Nice bodybuilding related thread, champion. I've seen you post over the years threads on all subjects except bodybuilding. The only exception was the recent thread on whether Ronnie teared his quad or no.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Did Ron make you the thread police, champion?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 01:46:49 AM »
20 million, people were are we talking about. that they dare to ask that number.
hope that the world soon collapses.

spinnis

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 02:01:49 AM »
20 million, people were are we talking about. that they dare to ask that number.
hope that the world soon collapses.

the give the gay dude 30 million on the show, not simon not the negro the the annoucer dude, and paula was angry he got more then her.

Edit

Ryan Seacrest got 30 million.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 02:07:17 AM »
Paco has become quite the celebrity thanks to kyomu....

Do you think we can hype him as the next "Gift"?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 02:40:05 AM »
the give the gay dude 30 million on the show, not simon not the negro the the annoucer dude, and paula was angry he got more then her.

Edit

Ryan Seacrest got 30 million.

these people want more and more. its sickening how materialistic people are.

spinnis

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 02:41:31 AM »
these people want more and more. its sickening how materialistic people are.

Simon made a few HUNDRED million last year or something, Dude is a smart buisnessman.
And he doesn't even play one single instrument lol.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 02:44:30 AM »
I am still amazed people watch this crap. No wonder things are the way they are.....
HAHA, RON.....

spinnis

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 02:46:04 AM »
I am still amazed people watch this crap. No wonder things are the way they are.....

whats wrong at watching some people with Amazing talent that no one knows about?

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 02:46:29 AM »
Anyone have any pics of her titties?

Mars

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 03:01:17 AM »
Simon made a few HUNDRED million last year or something, Dude is a smart buisnessman.
And he doesn't even play one single instrument lol.

yeah but at the end they have one life and one health, whats the added value of having a few extra hundred million on the bank.

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 03:09:21 AM »
Still no titties.  This thread fails to deliver.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 03:14:27 AM »
I only watch idol when people can't sing for shit. When it gets serious i don't bother......
No doubt about it...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2009, 03:33:37 AM »
So you think you can dance is great for the bodies

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2009, 03:36:16 AM »
I won't watch Idol with Kyle gone.....
No doubt about it...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2009, 04:43:58 AM »
I won't watch Idol with Kyle gone.....

Don't watch it because i'm not interested in that show but i think Kyle is very funny. Him getting booted and 2DayFM losing advertising is due to the stupid country's tall poppy syndrome, one stupid mistake which wasn't even his, and everyone jumps on it to try and bring him down. Hate anyone who does well for themselves.

Also the sheep out there just believe shit and don't even listen to him or are too stupid to understand him. ok rant over ;)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2009, 04:47:43 AM »
Don't watch it because i'm not interested in that show but i think Kyle is very funny. Him getting booted and 2DayFM losing advertising is due to the stupid country's tall poppy syndrome, one stupid mistake which wasn't even his, and everyone jumps on it to try and bring him down. Hate anyone who does well for themselves.

Also the sheep out there just believe shit and don't even listen to him or are too stupid to understand him. ok rant over ;)

No i agree.

Blame falls with the mother and the producers. Word around the water cooler is that Kyle isn't the smartest man when it comes to money, and is about $2mil in debt. I was surprised because they showed his house and him getting in his Rolls Royce Phantom. Turns out he took out a $500k loan to buy that car....... :-X
No doubt about it...

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2009, 04:50:09 AM »
No i agree.

Blame falls with the mother and the producers. Word around the water cooler is that Kyle isn't the smartest man when it comes to money, and is about $2mil in debt. I was surprised because they showed his house and him getting in his Rolls Royce Phantom. Turns out he took out a $500k loan to buy that car....... :-X

Most people arn't the best with money. Get it and blow it. Don't know why, i thought he might be better than others, but he did live on the streets for a year when he was young, so maybe he just blows it without caring. 500K for a car is a bit nuts but live for the moment....;)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2009, 04:52:46 AM »
Most people arn't the best with money. Get it and blow it. Don't know why, i thought he might be better than others, but he did live on the streets for a year when he was young, so maybe he just blows it without caring. 500K for a car is a bit nuts but live for the moment....;)

Also bought a $1.9mil house and has a $1.7m mortgage on it. I'm all for living in the moment, but at this rate he will lose his contracts and have no assets to his name.....
No doubt about it...