Author Topic: When in Doubt, Attack Your Critics  (Read 2900 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
When in Doubt, Attack Your Critics
« on: August 05, 2009, 02:57:25 PM »
When in Doubt, Attack Your Critics
ObamaCare supporters attack opponents as “angry mobs of rabid right-wing extremists.” Article Comments (10) more in Opinion »Email

The White House is clearly worried about the opponents of its health-care plan who are showing up at town-hall meetings with members of Congress. Yesterday, it took the extraordinary step of issuing a three-minute video rebuttal to a Drudge Report item that featured a 2007 clip of Barack Obama supporting the “elimination” of private health insurance over time after a government plan is introduced.

Later in the day, White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs called the health-care protesters a form of “manufactured” anger. Democratic National Committee spokesman Brad Woodhouse went further and called them “angry mobs of rabid right-wing extremists.”

Administration supporters on cable TV shows were a little more subtle. Chris Matthews of MSNBC’s “Hardball” dismissed the protesters as “well-dressed middle-class people in pinks and limes . . . Brooks Brothers Brigade.” He dismissed them as stooges for the health-care industry. His guest, California Senator Barbara Boxer, agreed with him and urged “you in the media to take a look at what’s going on here. This is all planned. It’s to hurt our president and it’s to change the Congress.”

The administration continues to rebut the arguments against its health-care plan, but it seems to be spending as much time attacking the motives and character of its opponents. Anyone in politics will tell you that’s a sign of someone playing a losing hand.

--John Fund
________________________ ________________________ ___________________

Attack the messenger is always the tactic, never a refuation of the facts. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: When in Doubt, Attack Your Critics
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 03:00:52 PM »
they're painting them as birthers pretty damn well

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »
if you saw Rachel maddow last night, you saw her tackle the "Docket" protest from a few years back.

Supposedly it was a bunch of people who spontaneously protested something.  In reality, she ID'd each of them as repub staffers and aides.  It was so silly.  Eleven of the 15 people in the pic were high level repub operatives, and they were all painted as strangers uniting for the cause.

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 03:02:54 PM »
Democracy only works with an informed citizenry and free exchange of ideas. These Tea-baggers are interested in neither - they parrot back the claims of their masters and shout down anyone who disagrees.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 03:03:00 PM »
they're painting them as birthers pretty damn well

Obama is a child.  He cant defend his plan on the merits so he attacks people like this.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:10 PM »
Democracy only works with an informed citizenry and free exchange of ideas. These Tea-baggers are interested in neither - they parrot back the claims of their masters and shout down anyone who disagrees.

But the plants the "townhalls" who are DNC operatives dont matter?????

You guys are a joke. 

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »
333683...you ever give it a rest?can't imagine how sick of you the unfortunate people that come in contact with u on a daily basis must be.
DAWG

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2009, 03:11:05 PM »
Sure thing...liberal douchbaggery.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2009, 03:15:17 PM »
333683...you ever give it a rest?can't imagine how sick of you the unfortunate people that come in contact with u on a daily basis must be.

Today I gave a client a check for $22,000 - he loves me
Two weeks ago I got another a check for 1,100,000.00 - they are thrilled with me
Tommorow a client is getting a check for 30k who is thrilled
Next week I have a client getting a check for 50k who is elated. 

So, while your begging for 10.00 an hour jobs, I am improving my own lot in life and those of my clients. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2009, 03:16:19 PM »
Sure thing...liberal douchbaggery.

The marxists are in all out attack mode as they see their failing messiah cut down to size. 

blacken700

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2009, 03:21:38 PM »
The marxists are in all out attack mode as they see their failing messiah cut down to size. 
do you realize how stupid you sound :o

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2009, 03:21:51 PM »
just for you head hunter dix

we will crush those idiot liberal scum bags!!!
DAWG

big L dawg

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2009, 03:25:41 PM »

So, while your begging for 10.00 an hour jobs, I am improving my own lot in life and those of my clients. 

why would you assume that?because I don't make ten post's a day that refer to me owning my own business...I do quite well for myself but unlike you I don't feel the need to constantly pat myself on the back.
DAWG

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2009, 03:26:06 PM »
do you realize how stupid you sound :o

Not really, why dont you remind me some more.    :o :o :o

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2009, 03:42:49 PM »

When in doubt, attack your critics. I read that somewhere.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2009, 04:42:30 PM »

Attack the messenger is always the tactic, never a refuation of the facts.  

w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2009, 07:17:05 PM »
Regardless of where you stand on these issues, one thing is for sure, the latest stunt Obama pulled is downright disgusting. I'll find the link and post it, but to sum it up concisely- the White House wants the public to report on people- neihbors, friends, whoever- that is giving alleged "disinformation" on the Obamacare plan.

The former community organizer now wants people in the community to snitch on each other for voicing their political views!?

This is indefensable and I challenge any left wing dolt on this website to defend this blatant attempt to chill the freedoms the first amendment provides. Could you imagine if the Bush White House put out a press release asking for the name of those critizing the Iraq war? Or better yet 911 CT's?

The more I sit and watch this unfold, the more I am starting to move less toward the center and more toward the right with respect to my views on Obama.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2009, 09:27:38 PM »
Regardless of where you stand on these issues, one thing is for sure, the latest stunt Obama pulled is downright disgusting. I'll find the link and post it, but to sum it up concisely- the White House wants the public to report on people- neihbors, friends, whoever- that is giving alleged "disinformation" on the Obamacare plan.

The former community organizer now wants people in the community to snitch on each other for voicing their political views!?

This is indefensable and I challenge any left wing dolt on this website to defend this blatant attempt to chill the freedoms the first amendment provides. Could you imagine if the Bush White House put out a press release asking for the name of those critizing the Iraq war? Or better yet 911 CT's?

The more I sit and watch this unfold, the more I am starting to move less toward the center and more toward the right with respect to my views on Obama.

How is what you allege any different from what the Bush admin did?

Furthermore, are they asking that people report PEOPLE, or that people report INACCURATE information.

What Bush & the Reps did was encourage people to report people. There is a big difference.

In fact Whorewell, I would think your post qualifies as disinfo worthy of being reported.  wouldn't you?  :D
w

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2009, 09:31:47 PM »

Furthermore, are they asking that people report PEOPLE, or that people report INACCURATE information.

What Bush & the Reps did was encourage people to report people. There is a big difference.

In fact Whorewell, I would think your post qualifies as disinfo worthy of being reported.  wouldn't you?  :D

Jag the fact of the matter is, if a lib reads anything a repub writes, it's automatically wrong, and vice versa.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 12:08:34 AM »
Jag the fact of the matter is, if a lib reads anything a repub writes, it's automatically wrong, and vice versa.

Actually as long as a Repub wrote, we know it's wrong, ...we don't even have to waste time reading it.  ;D
w

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2009, 07:33:14 AM »

What the hell are you talking about? When did the Bush administration put out a press release asking for people to rat out their neihbors for disagreeing with the White House's policies?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2009, 07:37:50 AM »
What the hell are you talking about? When did the Bush administration put out a press release asking for people to rat out their neihbors for disagreeing with the White House's policies?

The liberals are increbiel.  Even Naimoi Wolffe of all people said Obama has all of the worst traits of Bush, AND EVEN WORSE!