Poll

Love or Hate

Love
4 (80%)
Hate
1 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: (8th Aug) Love Or Hate?  (Read 1932 times)

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
(8th Aug) Love Or Hate?
« on: August 07, 2009, 07:36:29 PM »
Edge

Is he someone who started at the very bottom and worked his way to the top through sheer hard work and dedication.  A lifelong wrestling fan who decided to get into the business when he saw Hogan vs Warrior at WM6.  The only person to hold the six major titles on RAW & Smackdown, is he one of the most charismatic and successful stars of the last decade.  Despite creating a heel persona that could be described as one of the best of all time, does he possess a rare quality, in that he could return from his current injury as one of the biggest faces in the company?

OR

Is he actually the Over-rated R Superstar?  Has he relied on playing the cheating bad guy, combined with some over acting, to get himself to the top and stay there?  Was he given opportunities that someone else maybe should have been given?  Has he just put his body on the line, in a Mick Foley style way, because he lacks the other skills required to be at the top?  Would it be picky to say that he could do with going to the gym?

mass 04

• Getbig V
Re: (8th Aug) Love Or Hate?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2009, 07:41:15 PM »
I personally love the guy. Great in the ring, good look, great on the mic. A total package IMO. He has teh "it' factor.

edit* made into poll.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2009, 09:00:50 AM »
I personally love the guy. Great in the ring, good look, great on the mic. A total package IMO. He has teh "it' factor.

I'm a big fan, which is strange cos a year ago I couldn't stand him.  It seemed like they were just giving him a title at every PPV.  I'm really interested to see how he is when he comes back.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2009, 11:50:03 AM »
Not a big fan, he's over-rated for sure.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2009, 01:23:33 PM »
I don't think he's over rated at all. He's not my favorite wrestler of all times but he's had a tremendous career. Remember all those TLC matches he was in. Feuds with anyone and everyone imagineable. Guy sells everything with passion. Edge in my eyes is a great, great performer. HOF for sure. Doesn't change my views on Canada though.
I think he was best in a tag team.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 02:18:03 PM »
I think his mic skills have never been the greatest, but his in ring skills are top notch.

remember the 2002 tag series of matches with Edge and Rey vs Angle and Benoit?

you don't get better than that.
Flower Boy Ran Away

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:54:50 PM »
I think his mic skills have never been the greatest, but his in ring skills are top notch.

remember the 2002 tag series of matches with Edge and Rey vs Angle and Benoit?

you don't get better than that.

Does he deserve to be where he is then?  For a period last year, he seemed to be the most important guy in the company, winning every title match he was in, which turned me off him completely.