Author Topic: Another thread got me thinking. Why the universe?  (Read 3490 times)

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Another thread got me thinking. Why the universe?
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:28 AM »
This earth was not created for us. If you believe and insist it was, you need to go back to school, and slap your teacher.

Its the other way around, you mean. Its very important to educate people about this, but I'm afraid calling them stupid isn't the way to go about it  ;D You are a former jehovah witness, so I'm sure you can relate to how one feels when ones faith is questioned.
follow the arrows

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2009, 09:27:03 AM »
Its the other way around, you mean. Its very important to educate people about this, but I'm afraid calling them stupid isn't the way to go about it  ;D You are a former jehovah witness, so I'm sure you can relate to how one feels when ones faith is questioned.

what are you know? any change of heart? mind listing your beliefs? seriously, i aint fuckign wit chu.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2009, 05:36:56 PM »
what are you know? any change of heart? mind listing your beliefs? seriously, i aint fuckign wit chu.
Still a muslim.
follow the arrows

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2009, 07:10:35 PM »
Still a muslim.

but can you bench 200 pounds????

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
but can you bench 200 pounds????
In fact, probably not  ;D
follow the arrows

mitchyboy

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
Not realy but good point haidar. I used to have the same doubts as the people questioning my faith. I use the term faith lightly. I just finnaly saw the world for what it is. A big random sequence of events that in the end means nothing. Wow i kinda sound like shakespear. Life is a tale told by a fool, full of sound and furry, and in the end signifying nothing. How true it is 8)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 05:54:47 PM »
Why did god create the universe with the billions of stars, quasars, galaxys and what not. I personaly dont belive in god, for the same reasons i dont belive in unicorns. But for the sake of arguing, lol, why.

your answer lies in the "Anthropic principle"  (the weak and strong)

Question : why is there a universe
The answer : if the universe were not there we wouldn't be around to see it! ! :D

http://www.diracdelta.co.uk/science/source/a/n/anthropic%20principle/source.html     <--simplistic  site

>>> a more detailed answer   
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anthropic_principle  <although if u dont wanna buy a book..a detailed google would yield good results
i have contrived to conceive and contrite reply!   ;D
carpe` vaginum!