Author Topic: Taliban deputy calls AP, says he's not dead  (Read 391 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Taliban deputy calls AP, says he's not dead
« on: August 10, 2009, 11:40:18 AM »
According to a Pakistani minister, Talibani deputy Hakimullah Mehsud was killed in a shootout with another leader. But apparently, he's not as dead as they thought.

Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik said yesterday that Hakimullah, a potential successor to Taliban chief Baitullah Mehsud, was killed in a shootout with another leader.

Hakimullah spoke with an AP reporter who was familiar with his voice, the wire service said. Hakimullah also said in the call that Baitullah Mehsud is still alive, contrary to reports that he had been killed in a missile attack last week, AP said.
In a breaking news alert, AP wrote, "Pakistani Taliban deputy chief Hakimullah calls AP after reports he's dead, says militants united."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Re: Taliban deputy calls AP, says he's not dead
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2009, 11:47:30 AM »
We came out the day after and said he wasn't dead...in many places the first story saying he was, was followed by the one saying he wasn't. I'm sure they're trying to trace the cell he called in on to say he wasn't dead....and waste him.
L

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
Why is it so hard to find these guys? Aren't there SOp teams running all over the mountains looking for these deuchebags?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2009, 05:05:01 PM »
I'm in no way being a wiseass Hereford...but have u ever been to Afghanistan? We're talking a few guys in a massive mountain range. Were are u from...maybe I can compare something...either way unless they meet somewhere or duck there heads out of the caves...its hard as hell.
L