Author Topic: fat burner while trying to gain muscle mass?  (Read 795 times)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
fat burner while trying to gain muscle mass?
« on: August 10, 2009, 03:56:17 PM »
hi everyone! just started working out only 5 months ago, started at 223 with 23 percent body fat, now i'm still roughly around the same weight but believe the bodyfat % has gone down a bit, however...

not satisfied with either my lack of weight gain (muscle) or the fact that even though i do cardio (30 minutes/20 minutes of stairclimber and 10 minutes of hard incline treadmill walking) 3 times a week, and ab work right after these 3 cardio sessions a week, i still have a bit of a gut....

of course the age old problem, how to gain muscle mass and yet lose bodyfat at the same time?!

a trainer at my gym says if your trying to gain alot of muscle mass then right now you can't really worry about your abs, as long as my gut isn't getting out of control and i look fat and pregnant, that i should  just keep eating all the time as long as it's clean and not junk and  keep up with the cardio and eventually slowly you'll gain muscle mass weight and your abs will eventually be able to be seen.

anyway, the question though should i be taking a fat burner of some kind while i'm trying to gain all this muscle mass? or eating alot, and working out for muscle and size contradicts the use of a fat burner?

by the way i'm 44 years old, so i'm sure the old metabolism and test has hit the bottom! lol! thanks for the replies!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
Re: fat burner while trying to gain muscle mass?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2009, 01:49:08 AM »
Its all in manipulating your metabolism.
Eat 6 small meals a day ( meal every 3 hours ).

If you want to burn fat up your cardio to 6-7 times / week 45 minutes each session.
There is a reason body builders bulk for x months, then start cutting 12 weeks out from a contest
They know that when they start cutting, the only thing they can hope for is to preserve muscle, not gain it.