Author Topic: Obama Has Spent $1.4 Million On Legal Fees To Bury His Public Records  (Read 2134 times)

James

Obama Has Spent More Than $1.4 Million On Legal Fees Since Election To Bury His Public Records

President Obama may be using his political action committee funds to stomp out eligibility lawsuits brought by Americans, as he has paid more than $1.35 million to his top lawyer since the election.

Obama for America, Obama's 2008 political campaign, merged with the Democratic National Committee in January and is now known as Organizing for America. The grassroots army that some refer to as "Obama 2.0" is still collecting financial contributions.

Federal Election Commission records for "Obama for America" show that the lobby organization has paid international law firm Perkins Coie exactly $1,352,378.95 since the 2008 election.

The FEC shows Obama's campaign has made regular payments to Perkins Coie since Jan. 1, 2007 – the month he formed a presidential exploratory committee and only weeks before he formally announced his candidacy for president.

In total, Obama has paid Perkins Coie, a single law firm, $2.3 million since he announced his campaign for presidency.
By contrast, a cumulative total of all of Sen. John McCain's legal consulting fees from Jan. 1, 2007, to June 30, 2009, amounts to $1.46 million.

As WND reported, Robert Bauer of Perkins Coie – top lawyer for Obama, Obama's presidential campaign, the Democratic National Committee and Obama's Organizing for America – is the same Washington, D.C., lawyer defending President Obama in lawsuits challenging his eligibility to be president.

WND also reported that Bauer sent a letter to plaintiff Gregory Hollister, a retired Air Force colonel, of Hollister v. Soetoro, threatening sanctions if he doesn't withdraw his appeal of the eligibility case that earlier was tossed by a district judge because the issue already had been "twittered."

Bauer's warning was dated April 3 and delivered via letter to the plaintiff's attorney, John D. Hemenway. It is not the first such warning issued. Lawyers trying to kill a similar California lawsuit filed on behalf of Ambassador Alan Keyes also said they would seek sanctions against the plaintiff's attorneys in that case unless they left the issue of the president's eligibility alone.

"For the reasons stated in Judge Robertson's ruling, the suit is frivolous and should not be pursued," Bauer's letter warned. "Should you decline to withdraw this frivolous appeal, please be informed that we intend to pursue sanctions, including costs, expenses and attorneys' fees, pursuant to Federal Rule of Appellate Procedure 38 and D.C. Circuit Rule 38."

Bauer also represented Obama and the DNC in Philip Berg's eligibility lawsuit and various other legal challenges. The White House has not responded to WND's request for comment on the legal fees.

Perkins Coie serves high-profile clients such as Microsoft, Amazon and Starbucks. In 2006, the firm also represented Salim Ahmed Hamdan, Osama bin Laden's alleged bodyguard and driver.

The FEC allows elected officials to use campaign funds to pay legal fees only if the action/investigations arise as a result of their tenure in office or campaigns, according to Politico.

The FEC report also reveals Obama For America also paid $6,365 in legal fees to Olaker, Biden & Belair, a firm founded by Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=106138

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Obama Has Spent $1.4 Million On Legal Fees To Bury His Public Records
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:04:31 AM »
Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 06:25:46 AM »
Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Birther alert!

Colege records?
college records?
college records?
college records?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 06:39:20 AM »
Colege records?
college records?
college records?
college records?

Ah.

So when palin attends 5 college for a journalism degree, or mccain graduates 894th out of 899 kids, college records don't matter.

But the president of the harvard law review with a law degree magna cum laude - THOSE records suddenly matter?  and this is AFTER he wins?

LMAO... brutal double standard dude.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 07:24:08 AM »
Ah.

So when palin attends 5 college for a journalism degree, or mccain graduates 894th out of 899 kids, college records don't matter.

But the president of the harvard law review with a law degree magna cum laude - THOSE records suddenly matter?  and this is AFTER he wins?

HE HAS NVER RELEASED HIS COLLEGE RECORDS YOU DUMB ASS!Where are his grades?His papers?His writings?Its obvious why he doesnt.You know EVERYTHING he wrote is a racist rant against whites.

YOU DARE TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS.Please tell me where Bush went to school?Yet,Ive seen you say where you go to school matters.Didnt he go to the exact same types of schools Obama did?Yet,you libs say hes stupid.
LMAO...brutal double standard dude.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 09:15:16 AM »
HE HAS NVER RELEASED HIS COLLEGE RECORDS YOU DUMB ASS!Where are his grades?His papers?His writings?Its obvious why he doesnt.You know EVERYTHING he wrote is a racist rant against whites.

YOU DARE TALK ABOUT DOUBLE STANDARDS.Please tell me where Bush went to school?Yet,Ive seen you say where you go to school matters.Didnt he go to the exact same types of schools Obama did?Yet,you libs say hes stupid.
LMAO...brutal double standard dude.

Hey dumb fuck, you need to be in the top 10% of your class to even stand a chance at editing the Harvard Law Review. If you're not in the top 10%, you = not working on it.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2009, 09:26:18 AM »
Ah.

BWHAhahahahahaha.... priceless...

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2009, 09:27:31 AM »
Hey dumb fuck, you need to be in the top 10% of your class to even stand a chance at editing the Harvard Law Review. If you're not in the top 10%, you = not working on it.

Exactly.  Although Billy likely believes (like most GOP's unfortunately) that Obama got in just on race alone.  See it's all a CT, he's from Kenya and a terrorist who for years has been plotting this, the whole state of Hawaii is in on it, so is Harvard and countless others and now he's president OH MY GOSH! Someone call Bill O'Reilly and Rush we have a story on our hands!  
Abandon every hope...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2009, 09:35:42 AM »
Exactly.  Although Billy likely believes (like most GOP's unfortunately) that Obama got in just on race alone.  See it's all a CT, he's from Kenya and a terrorist who for years has been plotting this, the whole state of Hawaii is in on it, so is Harvard and countless others and now he's president OH MY GOSH! Someone call Bill O'Reilly and Rush we have a story on our hands!  

Bill Oreilly the harvard grad?Is that who you are mocking?Oh,thats right,it only matters when libs graduate from Ivy League schools.Didnt Bush graduate from the Ivy leagues?Yet,you people ,who DIDNT GO TO IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS call him stupid.Ive NEVER called Obama stupid.Ive called him a racist.

Obama probably got great grades in school.I want to see his papers.I want to know what he really thinks.I saw in his book that he says "the white mans greed runs a world in need",so Im sure that he has even better gems in college when he isnt trying to get elected to things.

You see,I dont need to push idiotic theories like his birth certificate.I have what he has done and said which PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt he is a racist.His own words prove it,his own actions prove it,his associations prove it.You libs are funny.Trent Lott says ONE THING about Strom Thurmon and you want him driven from office.Obama has some sort of racial issue every few weeks and you stick your head in the ground and cover your ears and deny it.Just in the past few weeks we have the Gates issue AND the black panther issue.None of that matters,because you scared ,gutless cowardly whites,so fearfgull of being labeled a racist,just ignore the facts.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2009, 11:19:08 AM »
Bill Oreilly the harvard grad?Is that who you are mocking?Oh,thats right,it only matters when libs graduate from Ivy League schools.Didnt Bush graduate from the Ivy leagues?Yet,you people ,who DIDNT GO TO IVY LEAGUE SCHOOLS call him stupid.Ive NEVER called Obama stupid.Ive called him a racist.

Obama probably got great grades in school.I want to see his papers.I want to know what he really thinks.I saw in his book that he says "the white mans greed runs a world in need",so Im sure that he has even better gems in college when he isnt trying to get elected to things.

You see,I dont need to push idiotic theories like his birth certificate.I have what he has done and said which PROVES beyond a shadow of a doubt he is a racist.His own words prove it,his own actions prove it,his associations prove it.You libs are funny.Trent Lott says ONE THING about Strom Thurmon and you want him driven from office.Obama has some sort of racial issue every few weeks and you stick your head in the ground and cover your ears and deny it.Just in the past few weeks we have the Gates issue AND the black panther issue.None of that matters,because you scared ,gutless cowardly whites,so fearfgull of being labeled a racist,just ignore the facts.

Bush was a legacy. They're the types that could be dumb as fuck but still go to that school because five generations of family members before them went. Obama came from a middle class background, got into Harvard Law AND finished in the top 10% of his class. Two different types of intelligence.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2009, 11:22:22 AM »
Bush was a legacy. They're the types that could be dumb as fuck but still go to that school because five generations of family members before them went. Obama came from a middle class background, got into Harvard Law AND finished in the top 10% of his class. Two different types of intelligence.

So,then your admitting Oreilly is smart as fuck as he came from a lower middle class background and got into Harvard.

You have ZERO idea if Bush got in on his merrits or on his own.The one thing we do know,is he did better then John Kerry did taking the same cources.THAT we know for a fact.

Once again,Obama is smart.He is also a racist and there is NOTHING you can come up with to disprove that because THE FACTS say he is.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2009, 12:12:40 PM »
So,then your admitting Oreilly is smart as fuck as he came from a lower middle class background and got into Harvard.

You have ZERO idea if Bush got in on his merrits or on his own.The one thing we do know,is he did better then John Kerry did taking the same cources.THAT we know for a fact.

Once again,Obama is smart.He is also a racist and there is NOTHING you can come up with to disprove that because THE FACTS say he is.

Couldn't care less about Bill O. He probably is pretty smart. Doesn't change the fact that he's a blabbering dickhead.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2009, 12:59:51 PM »
Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert... Birther alert...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2009, 01:00:30 PM »
Couldn't care less about Bill O. He probably is pretty smart. Doesn't change the fact that he's a blabbering dickhead.

I dont disagree with that.The point is,just because someone graduates from a good school doesnt guarantee they are smarter then the next guy.

Obama is a smart man,no question about it,I just think he is a racist,I think his college writings will show that ,so he hides them.THATS smart,but not honest.I think the birther crap is the dumbest thing Ive ever seen[in fact,if it was true,I couldnt care less.I think being born here isnt the most important thing as long as your a citiczen].I do think that the media did ZERO investigating of Obama,I think they hid his past.If they ever went after his past the way they went after Palins,Id be willing to bet there is a lot of stuff buried there.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2009, 01:11:45 PM »
I dont disagree with that.The point is,just because someone graduates from a good school doesnt guarantee they are smarter then the next guy.

Obama is a smart man,no question about it,I just think he is a racist,I think his college writings will show that ,so he hides them.THATS smart,but not honest.I think the birther crap is the dumbest thing Ive ever seen[in fact,if it was true,I couldnt care less.I think being born here isnt the most important thing as long as your a citiczen].I do think that the media did ZERO investigating of Obama,I think they hid his past.If they ever went after his past the way they went after Palins,Id be willing to bet there is a lot of stuff buried there.

Obama loves the attention to the birth nonsense becaise it distracts from the marxist policies he is trying to pursue.   

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2009, 01:25:29 PM »
Obama loves the attention to the birth nonsense becaise it distracts from the marxist policies he is trying to pursue.  

bingo bingo!!!

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2009, 03:09:44 PM »
Guys I don't know how to say this any other way. Making the Harvard Law Review is pretty tough to do. However, Ivy League Law Schools are by and large like Ultra Left Wing Liberal Arts Colleges, in that everything is about legal theory and philosophy on law. Outside of your first semester and a half ( if that) an Ivy League law student takes what basically amount to philosophy classes.

Also, keep in mind that being a Legacy and being a minority interested in law school are almost equivalent in value when applying to an ivy league law school.

Finally, many if not most Ivy League Law Schools grade on a laughable curve. Everyone starts with a B. So, handing in D quality work guarantees you get a B. Unless you do no work and don't show up for class at all, ( in which case you'll probably be withdrawn from your courses) you will pass with a B.

What I don't understand is why, if as many of you claim, Obama is such a rocket scientist, he would resist the release of what he has written and his grades. I can think of a few reasons, some of which have been given in this thread.

The whole foreign birth thing is stupid- I don't think thats the reason why BTW.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2009, 03:14:51 PM »
Guys I don't know how to say this any other way. Making the Harvard Law Review is pretty tough to do. However, Ivy League Law Schools are by and large like Ultra Left Wing Liberal Arts Colleges, in that everything is about legal theory and philosophy on law. Outside of your first semester and a half ( if that) an Ivy League law student takes what basically amount to philosophy classes.

Also, keep in mind that being a Legacy and being a minority interested in law school are almost equivalent in value when applying to an ivy league law school.

Finally, many if not most Ivy League Law Schools grade on a laughable curve. Everyone starts with a B. So, handing in D quality work guarantees you get a B. Unless you do no work and don't show up for class at all, ( in which case you'll probably be withdrawn from your courses) you will pass with a B.

What I don't understand is why, if as many of you claim, Obama is such a rocket scientist, he would resist the release of what he has written and his grades. I can think of a few reasons, some of which have been given in this thread.

The whole foreign birth thing is stupid- I don't think thats the reason why BTW.

I passed the Bar exam first try in NY and was on law review.  Trust me, and most will agree, its not rocket science.  I went to Pace Law School and graduated in the top of the class and took the same Bar exam as those who went to Columbia Law School.

Now, I am sure some Columbia law school grads failed the bar the first time, while I passed the first time.  The hardest thing about law school is getting in and you are 100% correct, after the first 1 year and a half, the rest is a joke.