Author Topic: QUESTIONS for Powerlifter Billy Mimnaugh. (Keep in Political Board Please)  (Read 9442 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
 ;)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
damn good 3333...

Getbig political board regs post your pics

this is mine a month ago or so im about 10lbs lighter give or take..

Your arms will look impressive dieted down.   Keep up the good work.  Solid structure for sure.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

I have other pics, but you can see from my build that I am compact.  Genetics plays a large part .  Some of my tall friends have very long arms and cant bench shit.  

However, they can dunk a ball, and I can only grab the net.  
At least its clear that we all take the gym seriously.  I am beginning to think the ratio of serious lifters to non-serious is greater on the Political Board than on the G&O main board.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Your arms will look impressive dieted down.   Keep up the good work.  Solid structure for sure.
thanks bro, i hate to diet and do cardio but the diet is becoming just a way of life and the cardio isnt as bad these days but i dont know if ill ever get down to 160 or so it just seems so far away.

youre a mean looking fucker damn vascular too, whats your diet and cardio look like?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
At least its clear that we all take the gym seriously.  I am beginning to think the ratio of serious lifters to non-serious is greater on the Political Board than on the G&O main board.
LOL ya I actually think the best in shape board on getbig is probably the womens board  ;D

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.

You know what TA - alot of my clients tried to get me into Golf and Tennis.  I just dont like it.  I like lifting.  I like throwing on Slayer, Hatebreed, BDP, Eric B, Maiden, Metallica and just lifting.  I like doing martial arts, shooting, etc.

The whole golf and tennis thing is just not me.  Plus, I hate the golf and tennis culture.    

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You know what TA - alot of my clients tried to get me into Golf and Tennis.  I just dont like it.  I like lifting.  I like throwing on Slayer, Hatebreed, BDP, Eric B, Maiden, Metallica and just lifting.  I like doing martial arts, shooting, etc.

The whole golf and tennis thing is just not me.  Plus, I hate the golf and tennis culture.    
get with the times old man  ;D LOL just joking but you should try a little "bullet for my valentine" or "dillenger escape plan"

I love golf dont get to play it all that often but if i could pick one sport to go pro in it would be golf I never got the tennis thing either.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
get with the times old man  ;D LOL just joking but you should try a little "bullet for my valentine" or "dillenger escape plan"

I love golf dont get to play it all that often but if i could pick one sport to go pro in it would be golf I never got the tennis thing either.

I am stuck in the late 80's early 90's.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
thanks bro, i hate to diet and do cardio but the diet is becoming just a way of life and the cardio isnt as bad these days but i dont know if ill ever get down to 160 or so it just seems so far away.

youre a mean looking fucker damn vascular too, whats your diet and cardio look like?
Whatever I cook or Jezebelle makes, restaurants or fast food.  I eat 2000 calories 6 days a week of whatever I decide to cook, Fast food or whatever.  I don`t count carbs, fats or protein, but I get minimum .5 grams per lb in protein or so.

On the 7th day, I do not count calories and eat upwards of who knows what.  Then its back to 2000 and so on.

I also do not do any cardio other than walking my dogs and some of my workouts where I occasionally do 10 sets of 10 with 1 minute rest.

By doing this, Over time, you are ensured to be ripped no matter what as you are in a caloric deficit longer than you are not in one and you will remain so.

It really is simple and I do not limit my food choices in any way whatsoever.  You can determine the proportionality of any recipe or any food so you know how many grams per calorie the final product is and therefore how much you are eating or can eat by simply weighing it once that is determined.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
billy you were 330 at 5'9'? jesus fuck man that cant be good for too long.

what do you weigh now?

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

Throw Pantera's Vulgar Display of Power on your player.  I've always thought them much better than Slayer.
Y

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I am stuck in the late 80's early 90's.   
bullet for my valentines a little different but their guitar rifts sound alot like metallica thats what first stuck out in my mind, a little new school with the screaming and semi singing all wrapped into one but not bad

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Whatever I cook or Jezebelle makes, restaurants or fast food.  I eat 2000 calories 6 days a week of whatever I decide to cook, Fast food or whatever.  I don`t count carbs, fats or protein, but I get minimum .5 grams per lb in protein or so.

On the 7th day, I do not count calories and eat upwards of who knows what.  Then its back to 2000 and so on.

I also do not do any cardio other than walking my dogs and some of my workouts where I occasionally do 10 sets of 10 with 1 minute rest.

By doing this, Over time, you are ensured to be ripped no matter what as you are in a caloric deficit longer than you are not in one and you will remain so.

It really is simple and I do not limit my food choices in any way whatsoever.  You can determine the proportionality of any recipe or any food so you know how many grams per calorie the final product is and therefore how much you are eating or can eat by simply weighing it once that is determined.
are you maintaining on that diet TA or cutting? I try and stay around 2000 with around 150-250 grams of protein per day too but i gotta do the cardio or shit doesnt happen. I blow alot of my progress on the weekends too with drinking and eating though.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino

I've always thought that this diet made perfect sense, but have yet to just do it.

I understand your points about relative strength increasing at lower bodyweights, but did you hit a period of "weakness" at all when you first started this?  Any time I try to lean down I experience this around the third week and get discouraged.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
bullet for my valentines a little different but their guitar rifts sound alot like metallica thats what first stuck out in my mind, a little new school with the screaming and semi singing all wrapped into one but not bad

That was pretty good.  I like pure brutality though.  But this is more my taste. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Lifting and Xbox 360 all the way.

Do you ever go Skeet Shooting 33366?  

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I've always thought that this diet made perfect sense, but have yet to just do it.

I understand your points about relative strength increasing at lower bodyweights, but did you hit a period of "weakness" at all when you first started this?  Any time I try to lean down I experience this around the third week and get discouraged.
Thats always been my problem too i start losing strenght and say fuck this i worked hard for those lbs im losing on lifts. I think if you do it right and slow your weights stay the same for the most part maybe a little dip but not bad.  

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
Thats always been my problem too i start losing strenght and say fuck this i worked hard for those lbs im losing on lifts. I think if you do it right and slow your weights stay the same for the most part maybe a little dip but not bad.  

I hear you.  I think at the end of August, I"m just going to push through it.

One thing though, TA does no cardio, but I think he trains 5x a week.  The style of training I do works every muscle every workout, so I can only handle it 3x a week.  That would leave 4 days off if you don't do cardio, so I think I might have to add it.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

I have two shotguns but rarely go since the closest range is almost an hour away.  I am in NYC and we dont have ranges that have skeet.  I mostly shoot my AR15, GSG5, and Glocks now at the local range that has a 25 yard distance.  Its not great, but adequate. 

XBOX???  COD & GTA did me in.  Between he lack of sleep, etc, I had to give it up.  Seriously those two games alone are worse than drugs.       

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
are you maintaining on that diet TA or cutting? I try and stay around 2000 with around 150-250 grams of protein per day too but i gotta do the cardio or shit doesnt happen. I blow alot of my progress on the weekends too with drinking and eating though.
I maintain, grow and remain lean by default since I spend more days in a caloric deficit than naught.  When Sunday rolls around, my 7th day, I do some serious eating.  

I will probably continue this way of eating the rest of my life as its very simple to follow with adequate nutrition, not restrictive in any way and you get the benefits of anti-aging through caloric restriction.

tonymctones

• Getbig V

ive done it twice best ive done i think is 15 LOL i use my side by side crack barrel 12 ga. thing is only 3 feet long and the barrel is only 20 inches with no butt plate. After my shoulder was red looked like i had stretch marks and my cheek was sore as well...skeet shooting is alot of fun.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
I maintain, grow and remain lean by default since I spend more days in a caloric deficit than naught.  When Sunday rolls around, my 7th day, I do some serious eating.  

I will probably continue this way of eating the rest of my life as its very simple to follow with adequate nutrition, not restrictive in any way and you get the benefits of anti-aging through caloric restriction.
Cool, i hear you on making that way your norm I think thats what I will do for the most part on my eating habits now too. Never knew exactly how bad I ate before I cleaned up my diet and starting eating a little better.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
billy you were 330 at 5'9'? jesus fuck man that cant be good for too long.

what do you weigh now?

Ha,ha,I know.Ok,I competed in two bodybuilding shows in June [The indianapolis and GNC classic]I weighed in at 224 the indy was june 13.Today Im at 290lbs.My goal is to push my weight to 350-400lbs.Im planning on competing in the APF masters nationals in May and the seniors in June of next year.This will probably be my last go around in full meets.I HAVE to hit 1000lb squat,700bench and 804 pull before I quit and the only way Im strong[national strong]is by being a disgusting mess.

I know that sounds retarded,but Ive tried bringing my weight down and at 275 I total around 2120 every time.At 242 I usually hit 2,000.That wins regional meets but NOT national meets.At 330 I hit 2303 and it was a very easy 2303 with LOTS of lbs left on the platform.So,to finnish strong,Im going to take one last run at pushing my weight up to extreme levels.After that Im going to go and do bodybuilding the rest of my life.The problem with powerlifting I cant stay healthy.Im normally good for at least one surgery a year getting stuff attached back on,bodybuilding keeps me healthy.

For anyone interested here was a pick from the show.

http://photos.universalassociates4u.com/GalleryFilmstrip.aspx?gallery=210595&photo=7026474

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

TA - this is why I like the getbig boards more than FR, DU, KOS, Politico, etc.  We can beat each other up over politics etc all the time, but at the end of the day, every one overall is pretty cool with each other.  I can honestly say, even with people I disagree with probably 99% of the time, it is rarely personal to the point of hatred, etc.  You just dont get that at other places.  

I have been to huffington post, kos, FR, WSJonline, etc, but I personally enjoy the getbig boards more than all the others since at teh end of the day, we still mostly have a lot in common and can be conversant with each other.  

I may disagree with you on most things, but I still think you are probably really good guy.  on some of the other boards, it gets downright stupid.  

I was even thrown off of FR when i did not agree with Budh 100% of the time!    

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I hear you.  I think at the end of August, I"m just going to push through it.

One thing though, TA does no cardio, but I think he trains 5x a week.  The style of training I do works every muscle every workout, so I can only handle it 3x a week.  That would leave 4 days off if you don't do cardio, so I think I might have to add it.
Well, I train sometimes 3 days a week only and sometimes more.  Its never been really set.  I have gotten by on 2 days a week at times.  I don`t do that often though and usually get 3-5 days a week in especially now since I have a bench, squat rack and the ability to make dumbbells up to 150 at home.