Author Topic: This is what I call "Gun Control" & why a Shotgun is the best Defense Weapon!  (Read 4400 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
The dems are silent?  ??? Most current events stories don't elicit responses along political lines unless they are overtly political. Pretty much everyone in New York feels that scum got what they deserved. 

It's ridiculous to try to politicize this story, but if you were absolutely determined to do so, this story would serve as a better example of why there should be gun control laws. I don't have strong feelings for or against gun control and I don't really follow the issue much, but the most prominent gun control measures I'm aware of involve limiting the amount of guns one customer can buy at a time and limiting access to guns to known criminals. Considering the thugs involved had criminal records and more than likely purchased their guns on the black market, and the store owner had a registered shotgun,  how does this case show that gun regulations are bad?

They should congratulate the man for taking these thugs off the streets and saving the lives of himself and co=workers.

However Schumer, Bloomberg, Patterson et al are all rabid anti-gun fanatics.  Gillibrand is a complete waste of space and turned her back on the 2nd amendment.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
By MATTHEW NESTEL, JAMIE SCHRAM and LUKAS I. ALPERT
 COURAGE: Charles Augusto Jr., yesterday at his Harlem shop, made good on the warning above him. "They had a chance to leave," he said.

Posted: 3:32 am
August 15, 2009

CONTINUED

"I had to shoot them. It was a tough thing to do," he said. "I have to live with that. I'm sad that there are mothers and fathers who lost sons."

But Augusto's beaten employee -- who would only give his name as J.B. -- had little sympathy.

"S- - - went real bad for them, not for me," he said. "I'm breathing. They dead."

The 35-year-old had nothing but praise for his boss.

"I know Gus is a good dude. He's looked out for me since I was 19," he said. "He saved my life, man."

Augusto said: "I don't feel like a hero. I would have felt like a hero if I'd talked that kid down and into going home."

It wasn't the first time lowlifes had tried to rob Augusto. After a robbery 20 years ago, he bought the pump-action shotgun and stuck it under his desk. Until Thursday, he'd never had to use it.

"I hadn't touched it all this time. I didn't even know if it would work," he said. "I never fired it all this time."

But he left it loaded, just in case.

"If every single citizen were allowed to hold a gun, there would be less carjackings and robberies," he said.

Augusto's gun was properly registered with police, and he does not face any charges, authorities said.

The Coast Guard vet, who was born in Yonkers and lives with his wife of 48 years in Irvington, Westchester County, said he had been selling commercial kitchen equipment for nearly 50 years and had no intention of quitting.

"What's the worst they could do? Shoot me? I guess so. I'm not going to lay down and die. I'm just not going to," he said.

J.B. said his boss likes to do things "the old-fashioned way."

"Of course, he's going to keep open," he said.

Augusto and his employees tried to get back to business as usual yesterday, although it wasn't easy. When a woman came to place a candle outside the shop, J.B. angrily kicked it across the pavement.

"Who's this for?" he demanded of the startled woman. "For the guy who died? F- - - him!"

Additional reporting by Lachlan Cartwright, Shari Logan and Larry Celona

James

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
They should congratulate the man for taking these thugs off the streets and saving the lives of himself and co=workers.

However Schumer, Bloomberg, Patterson et al are all rabid anti-gun fanatics.  Gillibrand is a complete waste of space and turned her back on the 2nd amendment.

I've never heard of Patterson, Schumer or Bloomberg supporting a complete ban on handguns.

Do you believe that this story is an example of why there should be fewer gun control regulations?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
This shows that there are enough regulations and that the idiots that support "gun control" are just that, idiots. The laws on the books workl for the most part. Limiting weapons makes it harder for law abiding citizens to have guns, criminals will always have em. While in the military, I don't consider myself a gun nut. I have several hand-guns and a shotgun. They are all used for home defense. I barely shoot unless its for work, which I enjoy immensly. This guy had every right to do what he did. This isn't about guns for libs, is the aborance of violence or taking a life. I have no problem with either, especially when the life and property of my family is envolved. Recently some asshate has taken to shooting bb's at my dogs while they are inside our walled backyard. They bark, thats what dogs do. Apparently the mexicans don't like barking dogs. My wife has begun taking our Benelli out when she lets them out in the late afternoon. She's more pissed off then I've ever seen her. This appears to have stopped the problem. People suck, therefore guns are neccesary. Luckily Texas has very liberal gun laws. She'll be moving soon to a more civilized part of the country, prior to my deployment to Iraq. Guns are a major neccessity where I live.
L

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
This shows that there are enough regulations and that the idiots that support "gun control" are just that, idiots. The laws on the books workl for the most part. Limiting weapons makes it harder for law abiding citizens to have guns, criminals will always have em. While in the military, I don't consider myself a gun nut. I have several hand-guns and a shotgun. They are all used for home defense. I barely shoot unless its for work, which I enjoy immensly. This guy had every right to do what he did. This isn't about guns for libs, is the aborance of violence or taking a life. I have no problem with either, especially when the life and property of my family is envolved. Recently some asshate has taken to shooting bb's at my dogs while they are inside our walled backyard. They bark, thats what dogs do. Apparently the mexicans don't like barking dogs. My wife has begun taking our Benelli out when she lets them out in the late afternoon. She's more pissed off then I've ever seen her. This appears to have stopped the problem. People suck, therefore guns are neccesary. Luckily Texas has very liberal gun laws. She'll be moving soon to a more civilized part of the country, prior to my deployment to Iraq. Guns are a major neccessity where I live.
Yes, due to the large amount of lowlifes, Gangstas, and third-world criminals that now reside in many areas in the US, guns are definitely a neccesity for defense. I don't see the situation improving so i would really dread it, if laws will be passed that outlaw guns.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
Its much to ingrained in our culture and it crosses party lines. Mnay people like guns for guns, others hunt, and still others use them as tools for self/home defense. They aren't going away as much as the lefties want them to.
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
This shows that there are enough regulations and that the idiots that support "gun control" are just that, idiots.

This story in no way shows that. I guess your failing comes in the fact that you are projecting so much when you read this story. You read the story with such a blind opposition to gun control measures that you wrongly believe they are intended to keep guns out of the hands of people like the shop owner. That's not the case.

This is exactly the type of case that shows why there should be regulations.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
I think it's naive to believe that any sort of regulations will keep guns out of the hands of thugs and gangstas. It's not as if they're going to the local guns store and buying their weapons. The machine guns that many of them have are not purchased through legal channels.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
This story in no way shows that. I guess your failing comes in the fact that you are projecting so much when you read this story. You read the story with such a blind opposition to gun control measures that you wrongly believe they are intended to keep guns out of the hands of people like the shop owner. That's not the case.

Like what? There will be alot of dead law abiding citizens should they ever try and take our guns. At this point the cops won't enforce it nor will the ATF be able to do anything about it either. Remember Ruby Ridge, that worked out well for everrybody invloved.  ::). Gun control measures in DC are doing exactly that, the shitbags have em, law abiding citizens don't. There are'nt Repubs going on record saying people shouldn't have guns, its all u libs.
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I think it's naive to believe that any sort of regulations will keep guns out of the hands of thugs and gangstas. It's not as if they're going to the local guns store and buying their weapons. The machine guns that many of them have are not purchased through legal channels.

Likewise, it's wreckless not to even attempt to try. It's like saying people are going to rob banks anyway, so there's no point in having any type of security there at all.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
...you wrongly believe they are intended to keep guns out of the hands of people like the shop owner. That's not the case.

You are just wrong.  The Anti-Gun crowd wants to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens just as much as the criminals.  This is from the big case that the SC made a decisive ruling about:

"In February 2003, the six residents of Washington, D.C. filed a lawsuit in the District Court for the District of Columbia, challenging the constitutionality of provisions of the Firearms Control Regulations Act of 1975, a local law (part of the District of Columbia Code) enacted pursuant to District of Columbia home rule. This law restricted residents from owning handguns, excluding those grandfathered in by registration prior to 1975 and those possessed by active and retired law enforcement officers. The law also required that all firearms including rifles and shotguns be kept "unloaded and disassembled or bound by a trigger lock."[5] The District Court dismissed the lawsuit."

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
I like the fact that they got shot.  Hopefully it'll make some other scum bags think twice.  I carry and don't have an issue shooting if I have to draw my weapon.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

WTF are you talking about????  NYC already has a ban on handguns and these punks had an illegal 9mm.  The regulations in place did not work. 

The 2nd amendment needs to be promoted, exercised, and cherished. 

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
parents should tell this story at bedtime instead of the 3 little pigs.

hahahah yes. very true. im more of a dem and hate republicans but i also love guns and im all for stuff like this. this guy did the right thing and hes right- it was their choice, not his.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini

You are just wrong.  The Anti-Gun crowd wants to keep guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens just as much as the criminals.  This is from the big case that the SC made a decisive ruling about:

Most people aren't anti-gun. Even people who are for gun control are mostly about regulations and restrictions. DC gun ban goes back like 30 years, when crack and crime were epidemics.

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
WTF are you talking about????  NYC already has a ban on handguns and these punks had an illegal 9mm.  The regulations in place did not work. 

The 2nd amendment needs to be promoted, exercised, and cherished. 

??? There is no handgun ban in the city.

No regulation works 100% all the time, but regulations do help. Law abiding citizens can apply for licenses in NYC.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Most people aren't anti-gun. Even people who are for gun control are mostly about regulations and restrictions. DC gun ban goes back like 30 years, when crack and crime were epidemics.

I never said most people were anti-gun - try and keep up, Al.

And there are tons of regulations and restrictions currently on the books.  Nowadays, gun control is about bans and the interpretation of the 2nd amendment (which the SC seems to have put to a rest -- at least for the time being).

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I never said most people were anti-gun - try and keep up, Al.

And there are tons of regulations and restrictions currently on the books.  Nowadays, gun control is about bans and the interpretation of the 2nd amendment (which the SC seems to have put to a rest -- at least for the time being).

You are the one who brought up the "anti-gun crowd". Being for gun control and being anti-gun aren't the same thing.

And, no, most gun control efforts these days AREN"T about bans. Outright bans are the least popular aspect of the gun control movement.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
I don't know what ur smoking but the vaaast majority of gun control folks are anti-gun. I'd love to find a guy who's for gun control and has a full gun closet.  We have plenty of laws that, if enforced, do the job.
L

Al Doggity

• Getbig V
  • Old School Gemini
I don't know what ur smoking but the vaaast majority of gun control folks are anti-gun. I'd love to find a guy who's for gun control and has a full gun closet.  We have plenty of laws that, if enforced, do the job.

Most gun control advocates are only for restrictions, not outright bans.

Skip8282

• Getbig V
Most gun control advocates are only for restrictions, not outright bans.

Suppose we'll just have to disagree.   :'(

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
??? There is no handgun ban in the city.

No regulation works 100% all the time, but regulations do help. Law abiding citizens can apply for licenses in NYC.

I live in NYC and it is almost impossible to get a handgun license.  I have a full carry in NYS and it clearly states that it is not valid on NYC. 

For long guns you need to pay a $400 permit fee and go through a ton os crap and register each long arm.

Additionally, the State Senate is trying to pass regulations regarding ammo that effectively make handgun ownership near impossible,.  They want registered ammo, microstamping, etc.