Author Topic: Would you trust a shrink if you knew you were much smarter than the shrink?  (Read 1677 times)

The Master

• Getbig V
Lets say you are going to a shrink for whatever reason.

Your IQ is very high, and you KNOW that you are not only much much smarter than the shrink, but you also know the shrink is pretty poor at reasoning/discussing and so on = huge intellectual gap.

Would you trust this shrink, take this shrink seriously and take the shrinks suggestion and attempts at helping you seriously, or would you just think of this shrink as someone that could not understand you, that were below you and somebody that had nothing to offer?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B

Your IQ is very high, and you KNOW that you are not only much much smarter than the shrink, but you also know the shrink is pretty poor at reasoning/discussing and so on = huge intellectual gap.

Would you trust this thrink, take this shrink seriously and take the shrinks suggestion and attempts at helping you seriously, or would you just think of this shrink as someone that could not understand you, that were below you and somebody that had nothing to offer?

I would subtly turn the tables and analyze the dolt

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.

Would you trust this thrink, take this shrink seriously and take the shrinks suggestion and attempts at helping you seriously, or would you just think of this shrink as someone that could not understand you, that were below you and somebody that had nothing to offer?

Answer = just think of this shrink as someone that could not understand you, that were below you and somebody that had nothing to offer?

The Master

• Getbig V
I would subtly turn the tables and analyze the dolt

But is your IQ very high now since you sniffed it all away? ;D

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !

yes as long as he keeps supplying the bodybuilding drugs i dont give a shit how stupid he is

btw...um, thrink?  wtf is that?

The Master

• Getbig V
yes as long as he keeps supplying the bodybuilding drugs i dont give a shit how stupid he is

btw...um, thrink?  wtf is that?

Alcohol induced typo error.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
the subject line pretty much describes my relationship with my ex

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
I would say Bitch if you cant give me better advice than that get your bitch ass back in the kitchen and make me a pie ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B

But is your IQ very high now since you sniffed it all away? ;D

my IQ is just fine, I've rebounded nicely from the drug abuse 8)

but why assume the psychiatrist has a high IQ?

most highly accredited people are a product of structure and discipline more than they are brainpower

The Master

• Getbig V
my IQ is just fine, I've rebounded nicely from the drug abuse 8)

but why assume the psychiatrist has a high IQ?

most highly accredited people are a product of structure and discipline more than they are brainpower

Where did Debussey make that assumption?

blackbillions

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
iq test is not a accurate measure of ability

The Master

• Getbig V
iq test is not a accurate measure of ability

Its the best measure of aptitude we have, and its predictive powers are pretty good (especially for large groups of people).

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Alcohol induced typo error.
i knew it had to do with your birth defect, fetal alcohol syndrome

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Ou could learn something from everybody, Debussey.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Would you trust this shrink, take this shrink seriously and take the shrinks suggestion and attempts at helping you seriously, or would you just think of this shrink as someone that could not understand you, that were below you and somebody that had nothing to offer?

Maybe thats one of the reasons you are there, always thinking you have all the answers and no one is as smart as you?

Mons Venus

A cry for help....

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
I wouldn't take any shrink serious, the only reason for people becoming shrinks is because they need one themselves.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
my shrink told me i had "intimacy issues"

doesn't take a genius to figure that out

Tatyana

• Getbig III
Ou could learn something from everybody, Debussey.

Defo, people really are not that clever unless they can recognise what they can learn from everyone.

I have received fantastic advice from some of the assistants and cleaners in my lab.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
Wouldn't you be more inclined to trust him since he's too dim to deceive you?  Whether or not you value his advice is another matter.

I lol @ 'whatever reason.'

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
Defo, people really are not that clever unless they can recognise what they can learn from everyone.

I have received fantastic advice from some of the assistants and cleaners in my lab.

"To a great mind, nothing is insignificant" - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle via Sherlock Holmes