Author Topic: Tiger fail?  (Read 1396 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Tiger fail?
« on: August 16, 2009, 03:46:23 PM »

Does this count as a choke?

Yep.

Oh well, the changing of the guard has begun. Had to happen someday.

I know he got ripped on several putts, but I didn't like the round he played today.

Congrats, Yang. 

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
Re: Tiger fail?
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 03:48:23 PM »
who is yang?  how many tournaments he won?  tiger is off on the last day, has been a few times.  maybe the family and over $1B slowing him a bit.  still the cream of the crop.
Oh...Monica!

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 03:52:15 PM »

Yep.

I know he got ripped on several putts, but I didn't like the round he played today.

Congrats, Yang. 

changing of the gaurd?? hardly dude. very tough course, tiger isn't good with his putting today. and he's 32 years old. boy

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 04:03:50 PM »
changing of the gaurd?? hardly dude. very tough course, tiger isn't good with his putting today. and he's 32 years old. boy

Yang is old at 37...this is a one-shot deal for him that he's cashed in (3 incredibly lucky shots on the back 9), but did you see the Irish kid?    He looked really good out there. 

Tiger was vulnerable all week...it's not like he just choked it away today.  A lot of guys made mistakes, but with the exception of that round on Friday, he just wasn't himself at all.  Was it fatigue?  I don't know, but I do know that I didn't like the fact that all the media were calling it for Tiger before anyone even teed off on Saturday and then again on Sunday. 

Misses the chip on 18...it's over.  Wow. 

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 04:08:05 PM »
i agree, but tiger just had a VERY bad day with his putter. and golfers have those days.

yes, i think he might be tired. Nick Faldo also said that, he's played alot of golf this year. Won't change his number 1 status. He'll be fine. i think the same thing is kinda going on with Federrer. He lost yesterday. Just had a bad match. Tiger had a bad day with his putter. I think it's definatly magnified because he is Tiger Woods.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 04:16:29 PM »
I think it's definatly magnified because he is Tiger Woods.

If he plays to par today, we're in a playoff right now and I like his chances. 

He had a bad day with the putter, true, and I readily admit that anyone can have an off day, but I had to question his shot selection a few times that left him in such bad spots (like the decision to lay up after a monster drive on that first par 5 of the day). 

I'm a Tiger fan, but the streak I really wanted to see him continue was the consecutive years with a major won, as no one had ever done it 5 years in a row.  To achieve that now, he'd need to win one when he's 37.  I believe he'll still be winning titles then, but it's going to be a lot tougher as the field continues to close the gap. 

It's too bad Harrington didn't make the final pairing, as I would've preferred to see them going head-to-head.  Yang hit a few very Tiger-esque shots today...hard to believe we were watching someone else produce the club magic on Sunday. 

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 04:40:07 PM »
is Tiger offically the best golfer of all time? or do i have no clue what i'm talking about?
Deep Tissue Massage

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
is Tiger offically the best golfer of all time? or do i have no clue what i'm talking about?

he has 12 wins overall until he surpasses ben hogan for most wins all time(tiger has 70, hogan 81 or 82)  he has 4 more majors to win to tie jack, and one to beat him. he is 32 people. he is at jacks mark 10 years sooner. he is going to do it. Jack said it himself, when all is said and done Tiger will be the best ever.  come on people, the numbers are rediculous. just in what tiger has done since he became a pro in 96. and he still has what.....20 years left on the PGA tour? He is FAR and ABOVE everybody else in the world right now. He has a absalute SHIT day today on the greens. Oh well, it happens to everybody. He isn't even close to being done ladies and gentleman.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 06:07:36 PM »
yang looked good in white, especially from the back   lol

jojo2371

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 01:49:28 AM »
actually tiger has won 14 majors,jack has the record at 18(with his last win the masters at age 46,so certainly tiger has a lot more golf left in him) the overall wins is held by sam snead with 82 pga tour wins,tiger has 70,jack has 73 . fyi tiger's career win % right now is around 25% even for golf that is insane when you consider jack's is probably 15-16%,tiger can't win them all,but he can win a lot as he has already done,love him or hate him,gotta respect that kind of talent.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 06:50:05 AM »
Family life has limited the amount of time Tiger spends practicing.  Look at Andre Agassi, he was winning then gets married and sucked ass for years, get's divorced and wins a few more majors.

Tiger will learn that Marriage equals less majors.

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 06:57:41 AM »
bad day with the putter, he'll rebound

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 07:11:20 AM »

Yep.

Congrats, Yang. 

Always amazes me how people sit and watch that boring ass golf, but what is more amazing is the "fans" who sit and HOPE a current champ or top player FAILS!!!! Never understood the mindset or the reassoning of these idiots and really don't want to. A competitor plays a million games and wins...doesn't score well on just one game and immediately the BITCH SCREAMING begins on their "downfall being imminent). Give us a break...
C

noworries

• Getbig V
  • Train Heavy or Go Home
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 07:13:58 AM »

Yep.

Congrats, Yang. 

Obviously typed by someone who was in the band in high school and the Glee Club.  Amazing how non athletes make statements like this.
No Worries 4 me

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:51:51 AM »
Obviously typed by someone who was in the band in high school and the Glee Club.  Amazing how non athletes make statements like this.

You missed the mark.

Sounds like you're still trying to convince yourself that you didn't choke away that city championship all those years ago.   ::)

Did Tiger get beaten by someone playing much better golf yesterday?  Yes. 

Is Tiger back to being the best in the world today?  Absolutely. 

Now get over it. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2009, 09:59:26 AM »
Tre, you bring up a good point.  If ANYBODY else does what he did in the final round, everybody yells "choke" just like they did with Harrington two weeks ago...so if the shoe is on the other foot, it has to be called the same thing. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »
Tre, you bring up a good point.  If ANYBODY else does what he did in the final round, everybody yells "choke" just like they did with Harrington two weeks ago...so if the shoe is on the other foot, it has to be called the same thing. 

Yep. 

The difference between Tiger and the field is that he's going to choke a lot less often, but it was clear to several people watching that he was playing tight, while Yang continued to play as if he had nothing to lose. 

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2009, 11:12:38 AM »
yang reminds me of hide

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2009, 11:21:31 AM »
yang reminds me of hide

Regardless of the outcome, Asian pride was running strong yesterday.

Conspiracy theorists will say Tiger did it on purpose.   ;D