Author Topic: "NO WE CAN'T"  (Read 3751 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: "NO WE CAN'T"
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 05:41:16 AM »
Why is it retarted?

When there is true competition prices come down, period.  

What we have now is not capatilism and you libs want to claim it is.  Its the farthest thing from that since the actual user of the product, the patient, has no incentive to comparison shop, etc.  Additionally, the doctors act on a fee schedule, not what the patient can pay.  The perfect example of this is durable medical supplies.  The suppliers are allowed to charge $90 for ta $10 neck brace because its on the fee schedule.  That is not capitilism, sorry.  Everyone gets screwed in that situation.  

I have one client, a chiropractor, who refuses to take insurance, medicare, or medicaide or any govt insurance.  Cash only.  He is doing great and there is no paperwork, no nonsense, and no waiting for his money.  The patients pay for what they use and he offers all sorts of deal to them based on volume discounts, etc.  Everyone likes it.  

PLEASE READ:

Those are all tangible products using different technology and production methods.  Insurance cannot be compared at all with these products.  Insurance is not even a tangible good nor does it take any innovation or technology to produce.  I really hope you are not this juvenile when you discuss this concept.

Furthermore your argument is purely ignorant since there are WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY more Insurance companies offering a product, around 1200 companies with a around 4-5 GIANT Insurance Companies (yet costs are still extremely high) than there are Electronics manufactures, or cell phone brands or computer brands.

Your comparison makes zero sense and I hope you realize this.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 05:42:24 AM »
3333666, did you not realize that the fee schedule and medical equipment expense is set by the Private Insurance companies?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 05:43:40 AM »
Why is it retarted?

What we have now is not capatilism and you libs want to claim it is.  Its the farthest thing from that since the actual user of the product, the patient, has no incentive to comparison shop, etc.  Additionally, the doctors act on a fee schedule, not what the patient can pay.  The perfect example of this is durable medical supplies.  The suppliers are allowed to charge $90 for ta $10 neck brace because its on the fee schedule.  That is not capitilism, sorry.  Everyone gets screwed in that situation.  

I have one client, a chiropractor, who refuses to take insurance, medicare, or medicaide or any govt insurance.  Cash only.  He is doing great and there is no paperwork, no nonsense, and no waiting for his money.  The patients pay for what they use and he offers all sorts of deal to them based on volume discounts, etc.  Everyone likes it.  

it's totally retarded.  there are factors that go into a product like say an mp3 player being cheap that just don't come in on this healthcare debate and you know it.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 05:47:53 AM »
Why is it retarted?

NEWSFLASH,

Chiropractors are almost NEVER covered and are not medical doctors at all.  He HAS to take cash.  He has no choice.  Chiropractic Procedures are not in any way medical at all nor are they considered medical or advocated by any medical organization. For the most part, the whole Chiro field is considered alternative quackery.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 05:55:36 AM »
I think that truly sucks!!! This is just like when they catered to the Repubs before when they didn't need to.

I think they should ram the public option through. If he doesn't, ...he's gonna lose alot of Democrat support.
he isnt catering to the reps jag he is catering to the majority of AMERICA...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 06:01:14 AM »
Here is my problem with her assesment just like obama they paint 2 seperate individual problems as one to try and pass their agenda. We CAN reform our current healthcare system without giving health insurance to everyone.

problem 1
the current problems within our health care system like pre-existing conditions, denied coverage, not being able to cross state lines, tort reform, costs

problem 2
millions without health insurance

these 2 problems are not connected and the majority of ppl are for reform but not for giving health care to everyone. Sorry the govt already sucks enough money out of our pockets if they free up money to pay for this then fine but our taxes should not be raised to pay for another govt hand out.

They tried to piggy back giving health care to everyone on our current health care problems and it didnt pass the smell test and it shouldnt its complete BS.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 06:03:34 AM »
NEWSFLASH,

Chiropractors are almost NEVER covered and are not medical doctors at all.  He HAS to take cash.  He has no choice.  Chiropractic Procedures are not in any way medical at all nor are they considered medical or advocated by any medical organization. For the most part, the whole Chiro field is considered alternative quackery.

Many doctors used to operate the same way berfore we got the current situation we have. 

Also, than explain this - why does Lipo, lasix eye surgery, boob jobs, etc all cost less now than they did years ago? 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:15 AM »
Many doctors used to operate the same way berfore we got the current situation we have. 

Also, than explain this - why does Lipo, lasix eye surgery, boob jobs, etc all cost less now than they did years ago? 
Technology. Also, none of the above are covered by Insurance at all usually.  Therefore costs have to come down for those procedures as they are paid out of pocket.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 06:32:09 AM »
Technology. Also, none of the above are not covered by Insurance at all usually.  Therefore costs have to come down for those procedures as they are paid out of pocket.

No shit sherlock, that is why insurance is the problem.  There is no incentive for the patient to be cost conscience because "someone else" is picking up the tab. 

If the patient had to pay out of pocket and negoaitite with the doctor, pricies would come down massively.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 06:37:39 AM »
No shit sherlock, that is why insurance is the problem.  There is no incentive for the patient to be cost conscience because "someone else" is picking up the tab. 

If the patient had to pay out of pocket and negoaitite with the doctor, pricies would come down massively.   
Right. So you know the problem, Private Insurance, yet you support them fully.  Why? 

Single Payer, what the rest of the Civilized World has, is the only solution. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2009, 06:41:51 AM »
Right. So you know the problem, Private Insurance, yet you support them fully.  Why? 

Single Payer, what the rest of the Civilized World has, is the only solution. 

I dont support the govt having anything to do with my health care.  I dont trust Pelosi/Obama/Reid the same way you dont trust Bush/Gingrich/Dole/Palin.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2009, 06:46:44 AM »
I dont support the govt having anything to do with my health care.  I dont trust Pelosi/Obama/Reid the same way you dont trust Bush/Gingrich/Dole/Palin.   
You trust the government on a daily basis.  Why would you support an institution where the sole objective is to make money and profit off of human suffering?

I`d trust anyone who advocates Single Payer. 

Its not that I don`t trust Bush/Gingrich/Dole or Palin as I do believe they really believe what they are saying, its that they are intellectually inferior, incompetent and incapable of addressing the needs of the United States based on their plans and policies.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2009, 07:35:20 AM »
You trust the government on a daily basis.  Why would you support an institution where the sole objective is to make money and profit off of human suffering?

I`d trust anyone who advocates Single Payer. 

Its not that I don`t trust Bush/Gingrich/Dole or Palin as I do believe they really believe what they are saying, its that they are intellectually inferior, incompetent and incapable of addressing the needs of the United States based on their plans and policies.

I dont trust the government at all on ANYTHING!!!I dont even like that my kid is taught in government run schools,BUT I trust Church schools even less.Sorry,I cant think of one area where I trust the government.

By the way,see how cash for clunkers is working?As predicted the dealers arent getting reimbursed.The government cant do anything right.God forbid if they get their hands on health care.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2009, 07:39:26 AM »
3333666, did you not realize that the fee schedule and medical equipment expense is set by the Private Insurance companies?

Most of the companies base their fee schedule upon the rates paid by Medicaire and Medicaid. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2009, 07:43:10 AM »
I think that truly sucks!!! This is just like when they catered to the Repubs before when they didn't need to.

I think they should ram the public option through. If he doesn't, ...he's gonna lose alot of Democrat support.

First of all worry about your own country, our government doesn't need any help fucking this country up.

He can't ram anything through, you see this country is founded on the principal the government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Not the government can do any damn thing they please.

It is also unconstitutional, the federal government constitutional authority to implement a public option and they know it.

The constitution says what it means and means what it says.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2009, 07:45:11 AM »
I dont trust the government at all on ANYTHING!!!I dont even like that my kid is taught in government run schools,BUT I trust Church schools even less.Sorry,I cant think of one area where I trust the government.

By the way,see how cash for clunkers is working?As predicted the dealers arent getting reimbursed.The government cant do anything right.God forbid if they get their hands on health care.
maybe we should be addressing WHY the government can't do anything right.  And I'm saying that with true concern for what you say.  There is validity in what you say.  So let's ask, who do politicians answer to more?  The people?  Or Big Business?  Their votes are all bought and paid for.  Over years of bribed votes, we have some serious chaos going on.  Right now it goes from God (if you believe that) to Big Business to Government to the people.  It should go: From God to The People to Government to Big Business.  Or nix God depending on what you believe but you get the point.  I put The People as #1 personally.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2009, 07:50:55 AM »
maybe we should be addressing WHY the government can't do anything right.  And I'm saying that with true concern for what you say.  There is validity in what you say.  So let's ask, who do politicians answer to more?  The people?  Or Big Business?  Their votes are all bought and paid for.  Over years of bribed votes, we have some serious chaos going on.  Right now it goes from God (if you believe that) to Big Business to Government to the people.  It should go: From God to The People to Government to Big Business.  Or nix God depending on what you believe but you get the point.  I put The People as #1 personally.

Hugo - Big buisiness buys off the pols because the pols have so much power over so many areas and control so much $$$$ through the taxes everyone pays.  Its no different than protection money businesses pay to the mafia. 

If you want less corruption by pols, than we need to take power away from the pols in choosing winners and losers, especially through the tax code. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2009, 07:54:00 AM »
Hugo - Big buisiness buys off the pols because the pols have so much power over so many areas and control so much $$$$ through the taxes everyone pays.  Its no different than protection money businesses pay to the mafia. 

If you want less corruption by pols, than we need to take power away from the pols in choosing winners and losers, especially through the tax code. 
I barely follow on the first part, you lost me with your abbv. on the second part.  WTF, expand please.  I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 18, 2009, 08:00:10 AM »
I barely follow on the first part, you lost me with your abbv. on the second part.  WTF, expand please.  I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

Why would any corp. donate to pol:

1.  They want protection from the government.

2.  They want changes in the tax code, earmarks, grants etc. 

This is no different than the mafia and organized crime. 

In the mafia - you pay the local chieftrain either for protection money from other gangs or for a territory to do shit, like gambling, drugs, etc. 

The govt is no different than the mafia in almost every respect.       

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 18, 2009, 08:12:54 AM »
Why would any corp. donate to pol:

1.  They want protection from the government.

2.  They want changes in the tax code, earmarks, grants etc. 

This is no different than the mafia and organized crime. 

In the mafia - you pay the local chieftrain either for protection money from other gangs or for a territory to do shit, like gambling, drugs, etc. 

The govt is no different than the mafia in almost every respect.       
oh, you're backing up my point, my bust sorry.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2009, 08:23:17 AM »
i think it started off innocently enough with ppl donating to politicians who they felt were more in line with their personal views. Like everything though ppl were bound to find a way to screw ppl and the system and this is what we are left with.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #46 on: August 18, 2009, 09:41:52 AM »

If you take away the third party payer component and allow for the patient to be responsible somewhat for cost controls, you will see alot more downward pressure on costs.  The third party payer system does not work, I agree with that.  

The only downward pressure I see taking place is ...your skull which is obviously pressing down against your brain!
Comparing healthcare insurance to cell phones?! hahahahaha
w