Author Topic: Dem. Congressman: "I will vote adamantly against the interests of my District"  (Read 3542 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
And these fools in govt wonder why we disdain them???

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL and he says he is in a right wing district...he will be out on his ass in a few months...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
LOL and he says he is in a right wing district...he will be out on his ass in a few months...

What a fool.  This guy is a total jerk. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Naval Officer Eric Massa is awesome.

He supports single payer and used to be a former Republican but left the party after the Iraq War.

Massa also stopped Time Warner cable dead in its tracks from implementing a Cap on bandwidth and tiered internet service.

Massa rules.

Also, did you know that the United States was founded as a Republic with the intent of Elected Representatives protecting against Majority rule and rash decisions from the masses, thus protecting the minority as well as the best interest of the Country.  Just a little history for you.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
No he won`t.  Everyone loves him.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

He supports single payer and used to be a former Republican but left the party after the Iraq War.

Massa also stopped Time Warner cable dead in its tracks from implementing a Cap on bandwidth and tiered internet service.

Massa rules.

Also, did you know that the United States was founded as a Republic with the intent of Elected Representatives protecting against Majority rule and rash decisions from the masses, thus protecting the minority as well as the best interest of the Country.  Just a little history for you.

Thanks TA - I dont know how I would get through the day without your history, chemistry, economics, physics, math, civics lessons.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Though he generally supports a health care reform plan, he opposes, and voted against, the current plans put forth by the Obama administration, due to the cost, and prefers a single-payer health care system instead.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Thanks TA - I dont know how I would get through the day without your history, chemistry, economics, physics, math, civics lessons.  

Massa is stating he will vote against the Obama Plans.  How is he an asshole?

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum

Massa rules.

And here is a little more history for you the Federal Government has no constitutional authority to provide a public option to health care, see the 10th Amendment if individual states want to do it, it is up to them and the people who live in said state.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
No he won`t.  Everyone loves him.

Want to bet?If he votes this in,he will be out.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Want to bet?If he votes this in,he will be out.
Vote what in? He is opposed to all of the plans proposed under the Obama administration and only supports Single Payer.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Vote what in? He is opposed to all of the plans proposed under the Obama administration and only supports Single Payer.

If he votes in ANY Obama health care scheme he will be out.By the way,THE COUNTRY is against single payer.Check the polls.NO ONE WANTS IT!!!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
LOL i did know learned that back on ohhh elementry school i believe...

it also was not set up so our elected officials could use their position to pursue their own agenda which is what the majority of politicians do and try to pass it off as "hey its whats best"  ::) where does that logic stop and the views of their constituents begin to take over? you can pass anything with the idea of thats whats best...you need to listen to your constituents views.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
LOL i did know learned that back on ohhh elementry school i believe...

it also was not set up so our elected officials could use their position to pursue their own agenda which is what the majority of politicians do and try to pass it off as "hey its whats best"  ::) where does that logic stop and the views of their constituents begin to take over? you can pass anything with the idea of thats whats best...you need to listen to your constituents views.
By that rationale, some districts in Alabama would like their Congressmen to deny voting rights to minorities.  Sometimes the majority of the people in a given location can have quite dumb ideas.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
By that rationale, some districts in Alabama would like their Congressmen to deny voting rights to minorities.  Sometimes the majority of the people in a given location can have quite dumb ideas.
I agree like gay marriage, banning guns, health care for all on a few ppls dime etc...

it goes both ways there TA

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I agree like gay marriage, banning guns, health care for all on a few ppls dime etc...

Single Payer healthcare for all really does not fit in there since it will be A LOT cheaper with better care and outcomes than what we currently have.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V

Gay Marriage does not fit in there either as it does not take anyones rights away.  It only adds rights to those who do not have them.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Single Payer healthcare for all really does not fit in there since it will be A LOT cheaper with better care and outcomes than what we currently have.
apparently according to obama the money to fund this program will be found within the current system with new regs and procedures. We can still implement those without giving health care to all and lower the cost etc. if that is indeed the case. What would a single payer healthcare system add over the proposed regs etc. that obama is proposing? from all I can see simply health care to everyone on a few ppls dime.

Gay Marriage does not fit in there either as it does not take anyones rights away.  It only adds rights to those who do not have them.
Not true again you fail to understand that they have the same rights as everyone else. They can marry any person of the opposite sex the want, I am denied the same thing they are denied.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
apparently according to obama the money to fund this program will be found within the current system with new regs and procedures. We can still implement those without giving health care to all and lower the cost etc. if that is indeed the case. What would a single payer healthcare system add over the proposed regs etc. that obama is proposing? from all I can see simply health care to everyone on a few ppls dime.
Not true again you fail to understand that they have the same rights as everyone else. They can marry any person of the opposite sex the want, I am denied the same thing they are denied.

1. Insurance companies dictate who you can and can`t see, where you can and can`t get treated, how much it is going to cost you.  Single Payer eliminates ALL of this and is cheaper as evidenced by the rest of the world Per Capita.  We pay the highest amount per capita with worse outcomes than the rest of the Inudstrialized world. (72nd out 191 countries according to the WHO).  We are not on the same level as first world nations anymore when it comes to healthcare.  Furthermore it is not on the dime of a few people as it will be nationalized.  The average family pays 10,000-12,000 dollars per year for their current Private Insurance Plan, usually offered as a benefit or deducted out of their paycheck.  Imagine if families had that extra money to spare and businesses no longer had to shell that kind of money out per person, not to mention the percentage people have to pay, usually 20-40 percent, as Private Health covers only 60-80 percent in lieu of one yearly checkup.  The Facts cannot be denied that Single Payer is the most superior system.

HR676 (http://hr676.org) Single Payer system that is proven, pro-business and pro-people:

* Slashes at least 30% of costs off the top by removing private insurance overhead.
* Companies take health care expenses off their books. Stock value increases. Better able to compete internationally.
* Small companies could have access to higher skilled workers because previously they couldn't compete in the labor market by offering similar benefits.
* More entrepreneurial ventures will launch since they have more money and less unrelated risk.
* Dramatic drop in bankruptcies.
* Dramatic drop in lawsuits. Most of these lawsuits are simply to obtain money to cover health care if something interrupts their coverage.
* Reduced system complexity. Greater efficiency due to fewer regulations.
* Savings from employees not having to fight with their insurers during work hours.
* HSA and MSA dollars redirected back into the economy for goods and services.
* Additional money to spend from not having to carry "uninsured motorist coverage" on your auto policy.
* Contract employment is more viable for workers since they are guaranteed access to health care.
* People are covered when unemployed. No chance of being wiped out financially if you lose your job.
* Health care providers (doctors, hospitals, therapists...) see increase in business with much less administrative expense.

2.  Allowing same sex couples to marry in no way hinders everyone else, nor does it change anything.  IT simply allows people who love each other to be married and reap the tax benefits and death, inheritance benefits.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You know what TA - I used to be against gay marriage, but I have become so anti-govt lately, that i really dont think the govt has any business telling anyone who they can and cant marry.

I think gay marriage is awful personally, but my distaste for the govt exceeds my personal feelings on gay marraige to the point where I believe the govt should just buttt he hell out of that, regardless of how I feel. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
why can we not do those things without providing healthcare to all on other ppls dime is my question...If its simply about competition and choices which is what obama is making it into, let insurance policies cross state lines, implement those regs and procedures that are supposedly going to slash overhead for insurance companies....what exactly does the single payer system offer OVER the regs and procedures that obama is implementing other then health care for all on a few ppls dime...Im aware of how you feel about a single payer health care system but if we can lower costs and provide better coverage without it like obama says we can why do we need one?

Logically you would have to open up the definition of marriage to include every ignorant or pointless desire...

tonymctones

• Getbig V
You know what TA - I used to be against gay marriage, but I have become so anti-govt lately, that i really dont think the govt has any business telling anyone who they can and cant marry.

I think gay marriage is awful personally, but my distaste for the govt exceeds my personal feelings on gay marraige to the point where I believe the govt should just buttt he hell out of that, regardless of how I feel. 

I pretty much agree, I think we should all have civil unions under as far as the govt is concerned and "marriage" should be a strictly private institution...im sure though that would not be good enough for a certain sect of the gay and lesbian movement.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
why can we not do those things without providing healthcare to all on other ppls dime is my question...If its simply about competition and choices which is what obama is making it into, let insurance policies cross state lines, implement those regs and procedures that are supposedly going to slash overhead for insurance companies....what exactly does the single payer system offer OVER the regs and procedures that obama is implementing other then health care for all on a few ppls dime...Im aware of how you feel about a single payer health care system but if we can lower costs and provide better coverage without it like obama says we can why do we need one?

Logically you would have to open up the definition of marriage to include every ignorant or pointless desire...

Tony - its not about health care, its about control.  

The nanny state libs who want to dictate every aspect of your life see health care as a further way to control everyone.  Everything else is secondary.