Author Topic: Do I have an eating disorder?  (Read 2947 times)

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Do I have an eating disorder?
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:08:32 AM »
If I am dieting and training, everything is going smooth, then some stress at work causes a hiccup and I get up in the middle of the night to devour a half gallon of ice cream, is it ok to promptly go puke this up? I did this last night. Pretty common really. If I eat clean I'm alright, but when I cheat I feel this sense of urgency to get it OUT of me and I vomit it out. I can't be the only one...

spinnis

Re: Do I have an eating disorder?
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:13:23 AM »
I never, ever EVERY get hungry.. we can change if you want to.

well I do get munchies while high

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 09:16:20 AM »
throwing up is not normal dude, unless you're a female supermodel of course

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 09:20:27 AM »
obsessed w/ running and cardio, now purging cardio.. slow down dude, definitely not normal

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 09:29:10 AM »
If I am dieting and training, everything is going smooth, then some stress at work causes a hiccup and I get up in the middle of the night to devour a half gallon of ice cream, is it ok to promptly go puke this up? I did this last night. Pretty common really. If I eat clean I'm alright, but when I cheat I feel this sense of urgency to get it OUT of me and I vomit it out. I can't be the only one...

In all seriouness, there's nothing wrong with eating the ice cream, however, there is something wrong with throwing it up. Your body might be craving some nutrients that you are deficient in and ice cream being a dairy product might contain it e.g. calcium etc. I often found myself craving bread when I'd limit my diet to certain foods, I soon realised it wasn't necessarily carbs I was craving, it was the B vitamins or whatever in the wholegrain bread as I was limiting red meat and such. I'd find myself eating 4-5 pieces of toast in the middle of the night at the age of 17, not realising why I would do it. I was still growing and my body was screaming out that I couldn't afford to miss out these vital nutrients! That's why whether I'm dieting or bulking I eat a varied diet everyday.

I don't cut out any kind of food or macronutrient for that matter, this is where TA and Wavelength are on the ball with diet. As long as you cover your nutritional bases, that ice cream won't harm you, just figure out the calorie content and have a weekly total in mind, so you can afford to have a few days of overeating or whatever and make up for it on other days. People have to get over the notion that you can simply throw foods into the category of "good" or "bad" or "healthy" or "junk" without looking at the nutritional content and automically presuming that if it has any kind of sugar, it's bad. The only "junk" involved is the rubbish that is fed to you by certain "experts".

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 09:36:19 AM »
In all seriouness, there's nothing wrong with eating the ice cream, however, there is something wrong with throwing it up. Your body might be craving some nutrients that you are deficient in and ice cream being a dairy product might contain it e.g. calcium etc. I often found myself craving bread when I'd limit my diet to certain foods, I soon realised it wasn't necessarily carbs I was craving, it was the B vitamins or whatever in the wholegrain bread as I was limiting red meat and such. I'd find myself eating 4-5 pieces of toast in the middle of the night at the age of 17, not realising why I would do it. I was still growing and my body was screaming out that I couldn't afford to miss out these vital nutrients! That's why whether I'm dieting or bulking I eat a varied diet everyday. I don't cut out any kind of food or macronutrient for that matter, this is where TA and Wavelength are on the ball with diet. As long as you cover your nutritional bases, that ice cream won't harm you, just figure out the calorie content and have a weekly total in mind, so you can afford to have a few days of overeating or whatever and make up for it on other days. People have to get over the notion that you can simply throw foods into the category of "good" or "bad" or "healthy" or "junk" without looking at the nutritional content and automically presuming that if it has any kind of sugar, it's bad. The only "junk" involved is the rubbish that is fed to you by certain "experts".

Excellent post.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 09:38:02 AM »
What a waste of perfectly good ice cream :-\

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 10:11:44 AM »
Methyl Mike seems to have some mental issues.

He's trying to be a cage fighter, and when he eats ice cream, he tries to puke.  Confidence / self image issues?
Deep Tissue Massage

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 11:57:12 AM »
Honestly I have been doing extremely well with the diet and cardio. Happy as hell with my progress. Some stress built up, I couldn't sleep and one thing led to another and wham I was eating ice cream with pretzels and toffee syrup while watching poker on tv :( Went through nearly a gallon. Decided I did not want to spend an hour in the morning just working it off so I got rid of it. Just curious if anyone else has done this...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 12:00:30 PM »
Honestly I have been doing extremely well with the diet and cardio. Happy as hell with my progress. Some stress built up, I couldn't sleep and one thing led to another and wham I was eating ice cream with pretzels and toffee syrup while watching poker on tv :( Went through nearly a gallon. Decided I did not want to spend an hour in the morning just working it off so I got rid of it. Just curious if anyone else has done this...

you just gotta get things under control.  No biggie, just don't let it become a habit.  You seem to tend to over-think things, which can be great for success in many things in life, so long as you can control it.

I would design a simple diet for muscle gain and ease back off all the toxic shit for the time being.  I see you are using pro-hormones and ephedrine together?  I would use the pH for a period of gains, then quit them and move to ephedrine when you're ready to get lean.

and eat 1 bowl of ice cream, then make yourself eat a can of peaches or something like that. 

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 12:16:42 PM »

You ate a gallon of ice cream?

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 12:50:39 PM »

If you've only done this once I wouldn't sweat it.  But if you think it's OK to do again and again, you need to re-think things. 

I had a bulimic family member who ended up not even having to "make" herself throw up.  She could just eat a meal and open her mouth over a large cup and puke in the cup.  She would do this while watching TV.  You DON'T want to end up like that.

Are you prepping for a show?
R

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
  • i have a face like a shovel
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:09 PM »
  She could just eat a meal and open her mouth over a large cup and puke in the cup

i'm not trying to be insensitive (seriously, i'm not) but that is pretty hardcore/impressive

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 01:04:10 PM »
and I get up in the middle of the night to devour a half gallon of ice cream,

Half gallon ice creams have gone away lately - they are smaller now...

However, that is serious shit if you puke it out like that.  It can lead to some serious problems, including bulimia. I know a few people that need to just get it under control, and stop.  When they start puking blood, it freaked one of them out.

Bulimia nervosa (buh-LEE-me-ah nur-VOH-suh), often called bulimia, is a type of eating disorder. A person with bulimia eats a lot of food in a short amount of time (binging) and then tries to prevent weight gain by getting rid of the food (purging).

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 01:06:56 PM »
don't worry bro just pretend you're a jap chick and eat your vomit

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 01:09:49 PM »
When dieting, get rid of all of that shit in the house.  It's way too easy to have just one bite , then you'll steam roll through it all feeling all guilty.  Throwing up is nuts.  Just do an extra 20 minutes of cardio for a few days.  Calories in, calories out.

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 01:11:44 PM »
i'm not trying to be insensitive (seriously, i'm not) but that is pretty hardcore/impressive

LOL!  ....well it was pretty hardcore when she would leave her cups around the house and you'd almost mistake one for your own if not for the heavy weight    ...(and warmth, depending on how long ago she threw up)  :-X
R

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 01:15:57 PM »

Yes, you do.
Do you also have bigorexia? 

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »
since we are on the subject (somewhat) is it considered "anorexic" if you didn't eat in order to make a weight class?

Mons Venus

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 01:21:54 PM »

;D ;D ;D

PJim

• Getbig IV
  • Strike another match, go start anew
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 01:22:44 PM »
Half gallon ice creams have gone away lately - they are smaller now...

However, that is serious shit if you puke it out like that.  It can lead to some serious problems, including bulimia. I know a few people that need to just get it under control, and stop.  When they start puking blood, it freaked one of them out.

Bulimia nervosa (buh-LEE-me-ah nur-VOH-suh), often called bulimia, is a type of eating disorder. A person with bulimia eats a lot of food in a short amount of time (binging) and then tries to prevent weight gain by getting rid of the food (purging).
Damn straight Ron. I think a problem that a lot of people have is that they limit their diet to more protein rich foods and end up becoming so stuck in a rut with "dieting" that when they think that they have "wasted" their calories per say on more carb/fat rich foods, they think that they have wasted calories that could have gone on protein. It might begin as exercising like hell to "burn" it off and then ultimately leading to purging to get rid of these so-called "waste" calories. I honestly, genuinely think that you can't fight temptation this way, you can only work WITH it. It's the law of attraction; you tell said dieter/trainee to leave the piece of cake alone, the brain doesn't differentiate between the NO/negative portion of the command or request, instead it focuses on the subject matter, which in this case is the piece of cake itself. So rather than limiting yourself to 3-5 dishes of bland, unappetising meals, allow yourself to venture outside of the realms of conventional bodybuilder dieting. Eat a wide range of foods whilst dieting and generally you will start to relax and allowing this freedom also allows you to figure out which foods your body will always crave and incidently need more than others. I know when I'm ill with a cold/flu etc, I always crave orange juice or tomato soup, when I'm sleepless I crave carbohydrates which for whatever hormonal reason allow for a deeper sleep. However I can go very low carb and eat a lot of fat laden foods, e.g. doner kebab meat, cheeses, lamb chops, fatty fish and never crave carbs other than my night time sugar fix of maybe a handful of sweets or a hot chocolate. It all depends on the individual, dieting in my eyes is about obtaining your goal with the MOST ease MENTALLY whilst covering your nutritional bases. Once you learn to do this it becomes a breeze and confidence will be boosted just being aware of this.

johnnynoname

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 01:23:56 PM »
LOL!  ....well it was pretty hardcore when she would leave her cups around the house and you'd almost mistake one for your own if not for the heavy weight    ...(and warmth, depending on how long ago she threw up)  :-X

the "warmth" part made me just say "AWWWW" out loud in my apartment

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 01:26:29 PM »
nothing wrong with it. gotta do what you gotta do to stick with the diet.  8)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 01:40:16 PM »
the "warmth" part made me just say "AWWWW" out loud in my apartment

;D

Imagine what you'd say when you'd find the cups :P
R

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 01:53:05 PM »
Interesting replies. I tend to diet not too strict, fairly strict but I absolutely HATE dieting and usually struggle to get lean. This happens to be the ONE TIME in my life that I am finding success, and i will be DAMNED if binging on bad food to deal with stress will completely derail me! I get so frustrated when I see thin lean people who have no prob staying that way. I really have to work at it. The trade-off being I can get big/strong insanely fast, but let's be real who gets more play thinner guys or big beefy guys? You do the math. I am a little worried it will become common place since it's fairly easy for me to do, which is why I ask. When should I be worried?