Author Topic: FAVRE SIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE VIKINGS  (Read 16974 times)

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
FAVRE SIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE VIKINGS
« on: August 18, 2009, 09:32:09 AM »
What a dick this guy is......Just can't stay away from the limelight. First, he's broken down and doesn't think his body could hold up for 16 games. Now, he's healthy and ready to go. I guess signing a 10-12 million contract for one year changes things.

He will make the Vikings better offensively, but will still throw costly interceptions and take too many chances with his arm strength. Plus, he better still have mobility because taking shots on an astroturf field for at least 8 home games doesn't sound too nice for a 40 year old.

I predict 3300 passing yards, 17 touchdowns and 23 interceptions.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
Re: FAVRE SIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE VIKINGS
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 09:45:55 AM »
Its good to see favre back in the league

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 11:50:55 AM »
He just didn't want to go through training camp and most of the preseason. 

Those folks are such liars. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 12:59:01 PM »
guy is one of greatest qb's ever to play the game...now somebody knee cap this deusch so we can all be rid of his antics.  ::)

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
I'm shock thought for sure Brett would stay retire  ::)

This guy must really hate married life
RIP Bob Probert

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 01:09:50 PM »
adrian peterson will be have a great season this year, will go early early in fantasy draft around the country.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:14:19 PM »
adrian peterson will be have a great season this year, will go early early in fantasy draft around the country.

I think AP was already the no. 1 pick in FF.  I say this helps the Vikings WRs more than anything.  I haven't done any prep, but I'd think Percy Harvin might have a little value now. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2009, 01:20:39 PM »
I think AP was already the no. 1 pick in FF.  I say this helps the Vikings WRs more than anything.  I haven't done any prep, but I'd think Percy Harvin might have a little value now. 

Signing Favre is HUGE for Peterson. No more 8 men in the box with a savvy veteran like Favre behind center. Tavaris Jackson could never make the right audibles or pre-snap adjustments when defenses stacked against the run.

If Peterson stays healthy he might run for 2,000 yards with Favre behind center. If I get the number #1 pick again this year, I'm taking AP again.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2009, 01:26:41 PM »
Now Brett is the enemy.

I predict 20 TDs and 32 INTs.  ...and no Superbowl.

Let's face it.  The guy's a freak of endurance but he's lost his heart.  He's got happy feet.  And that Metrodome carpet is touch harder than the soft grass of Lambeau.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2009, 01:27:33 PM »
Signing Favre is HUGE for Peterson. No more 8 men in the box with a savvy veteran like Favre behind center. Tavaris Jackson could never make the right audibles or pre-snap adjustments when defenses stacked against the run.

If Peterson stays healthy he might run for 2,000 yards with Favre behind center. If I get the number #1 pick again this year, I'm taking AP again.

I'm sure he'll help, but tony was saying this will improve AP's value.  I don't think you can improve on the no. 1 overall pick, which is where I would have him with or without Favre.  

He ran for 1760 last year, so I guess 2000 is possible, but I doubt he improves that much.  Also, keep in mind this is the 40-year-old Favre coming off surgery, not the 35-year-old gunslinger.  

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2009, 01:33:00 PM »
I'm sure he'll help, but tony was saying this will improve AP's value.  I don't think you can improve on the no. 1 overall pick, which is where I would have him with or without Favre.  

He ran for 1760 last year, so I guess 2000 is possible, but I doubt he improves that much.  Also, keep in mind this is the 40-year-old Favre coming off surgery, not the 35-year-old gunslinger.  

I think Favre coming to Minnesota will help both players immensely, stat-wise. Favre knows the offensive system in place with Minnesota like the back of his hand. He'll still throw a lot of INT's but Favre is leaps and bounds better than what Minnesota already has.

Should be a very interesting NFC North in 2009.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2009, 01:41:38 PM »
I think Favre coming to Minnesota will help both players immensely, stat-wise. Favre knows the offensive system in place with Minnesota like the back of his hand. He'll still throw a lot of INT's but Favre is leaps and bounds better than what Minnesota already has.

Should be a very interesting NFC North in 2009.

Will definitely be interesting.  Cutler will help Chicago.  Rodgers should get even better in GB.  Even the Lions might win a few games. 

The GB v. Minn game will probably be the most watched game of the year (assuming it's nationally televised). 

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2009, 01:42:18 PM »
Ehh,the winner of the NFC is coming outta the East anyway.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 02:01:09 PM »

I draft QB position first unless im way back in the draft and in that case Ill go RB first in our league qb's get just as many points for throwing a TD as RB's get for running one in...

but yes this will open it up a lot more for AP last year the running game was keyed in on by other teams and he still had a great year. Imagine when they have to worry about the pass as well it will open it up alot for AP.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2009, 02:06:09 PM »
I draft QB position first unless im way back in the draft and in that case Ill go RB first in our league qb's get just as many points for throwing a TD as RB's get for running one in...

but yes this will open it up a lot more for AP last year the running game was keyed in on by other teams and he still had a great year. Imagine when they have to worry about the pass as well it will open it up alot for AP.

I guess it depends on your scoring system.  I play in NFL.com leagues, so RBs are typically more valuable than QBs.  I don't usually draft a QB till the fourth or fifth round.  I've been wedded to the "Faulk Rule" for years (RBs in the first three rounds).  I'll probably do the same this year. 

body88

« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 02:24:35 PM »
More Farve destroying his legacy.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 02:56:17 PM »
agreed from now on nobody will remember his great career simply his whining and bitching and acting like a spoiled child during preseason for his last years...the only way for him to save his legacy now is to win the make or win the superbowl.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 02:58:00 PM »

If he has a successful year and takes the Vikings on a deep playoff run, I think his legacy will be fine.

He's a first ballot hall of famer, has been two two Superbowls, won one, and has played more consecutive games under center than any other QB in NFL history. Not too mention being the career leader in TD passes and yards.

His legacy will be fine. Two years after he retires, no one is going to remember Favre for ruining his legacy. I think Favre himself could really give a shit if critics or fans think he's ruined his legacy. He just wants to play and he thinks he's still capable at playing at a high level. No one has any idea as to how the 2009 Vikings season will unfold. Could be 13-3 NFC title season or an 8-8 clusterfuck.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2009, 03:00:13 PM »
If he has a successful year and takes the Vikings on a deep playoff run, I think his legacy will be fine.

He's a first ballot hall of famer, has been two two Superbowls, won one, and has played more consecutive games under center than any other QB in NFL history. Not too mention being the career leader in TD passes and yards.

His legacy will be fine. Two years after he retires, no one is going to remember Favre for ruining his legacy. I think Favre himself could really give a shit if critics or fans think he's ruined his legacy.
I will like I said he is one of the greatest qb's to play the game but the past two years he has shown himself to be a little spoiled bitch he should have simply retired.

I agree with everything else you said though

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2009, 03:04:41 PM »

His legacy will be fine. Two years after he retires, no one is going to remember Favre for ruining his legacy. I think Favre himself could really give a shit if critics or fans think he's ruined his legacy. He just wants to play and he thinks he's still capable at playing at a high level. No one has any idea as to how the 2009 Vikings season will unfold. Could be 13-3 NFC title season or an 8-8 clusterfuck.

I agree.  I don't think he is destroying his legacy.  I think he's a drama queen and should have stayed retired, but he's really not much different than numerous athletes who don't know when to quit.  In fact, I'd say a majority of them probably hang around a bit too long.  Not many walk away in their prime like Barry Sanders.  They're more like Dan Marino with his limp noodle arm his last year. 

Speaking of Marino, people don't really talk about his last year when he was simply awful and could barely throw the ball ten years down the field.  I think the same will be true of Favre when the dust settles.  He'll still have his ring, iron man streak, yards, and TDs. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »
I agree.  I don't think he is destroying his legacy.  I think he's a drama queen and should have stayed retired, but he's really not much different than numerous athletes who don't know when to quit.  In fact, I'd say a majority of them probably hang around a bit too long.  Not many walk away in their prime like Barry Sanders.  They're more like Dan Marino with his limp noodle arm his last year. 

Speaking of Marino, people don't really talk about his last year when he was simply awful and could barely throw the ball ten years down the field.  I think the same will be true of Favre when the dust settles.  He'll still have his ring, iron man streak, yards, and TDs. 
I dont remember i was pretty young and not that into football when marino was around but did he hold out and whine and cry and continue with the BS like farve has done in the last 2 yrs...seriously I have lost just about all the respect ive ever had for farve sad really.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »
I dont remember i was pretty young and not that into football when marino was around but did he hold out and whine and cry and continue with the BS like farve has done in the last 2 yrs...seriously I have lost just about all the respect ive ever had for farve sad really.

No Marino never did that. 

I've lost respect for Favre too, but he's still one of the greatest QBs to ever play the game.  That's not going to change. 

body88

« Reply #22 on: August 18, 2009, 04:36:44 PM »

All people will remember is his bitching....his retiring all the time and him stinking up the joint when he was over the hill.

body88

« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2009, 04:37:41 PM »

Name one athlete that has retired....unretired and retired again more than Farve. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
Name one athlete that has retired....unretired and retired again more than Farve. 

Ali.