Author Topic: FAVRE SIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE VIKINGS  (Read 16943 times)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
Re: FAVRE SIGNS ONE YEAR DEAL WITH THE VIKINGS
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2009, 05:00:18 PM »
If he would have just signed with other teams then everybody would remember him simply for his career now alot of ppl will remember his crying, whining, spoiled little kid antics...

body88

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2009, 05:45:32 PM »
Ali.

I should have said an athlete that plays a team sport.  It's not the same with boxing, since Ali's actions wouldn't affect a whole roster of players (like when Farve was holding the packers hostage).  Also, drama + "acting" has been a part of boxing since it's inception.  It sells tickets. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2009, 05:51:06 PM »
I should have said an athlete that plays a team sport.  It's not the same with boxing, since Ali's actions wouldn't affect a whole roster of players (like when Farve was holding the packers hostage).

Can't think of any off the top of my head from team sports, but I'm sure there are a number of players that have changed their minds.  None that were drama queens like Favre though. 

Regarding tony's last post, I think ten years from now when Favre is a first ballot Hall of Famer, people will primarily talk about his ring, 65,000 yards passing, which could grow to 70,000 and 464 TDs, which could increase to 500. 

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »
I think the news will change tomorrow when he fails his final physical. 
((-::

body88

« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2009, 06:06:39 PM »
Can't think of any off the top of my head from team sports, but I'm sure there are a number of players that have changed their minds.  None that were drama queens like Favre though. 

Regarding tony's last post, I think ten years from now when Favre is a first ballot Hall of Famer, people will primarily talk about his ring, 65,000 yards passing, which could grow to 70,000 and 464 TDs, which could increase to 500. 

Perhaps...for me, I will always think of the crap he pulled at the end of a stellar career.

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2009, 06:09:47 PM »
He's getting goofy   bit I will always rewmember when he lost a shoe trying to come back in a Dallas game and tried to keep playing.  He is goofy but he was a warrior.   I see Romo doing all this 10 yrs from now.
((-::

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2009, 06:20:20 PM »
no doubt but hall of fame isnt public perception and i think alot of ppl will remember the last two disgraceful preseasons this man has gone through. Im not saying ppl will discount his career this will never happen he is one of the greatest qb's ever...that doesnt mean hes not a bitch.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2009, 07:11:28 PM »
Name one athlete that has retired....unretired and retired again more than Farve. 

First off, Favre has never officially retired. Not once. In order to retire while under contract for a team in the NFL, you need to file the necessary paperwork with the league. Favre has never done that.

Michael Jordan "officially retired" three times throughout his career.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2009, 07:16:12 PM »

Regarding tony's last post, I think ten years from now when Favre is a first ballot Hall of Famer, people will primarily talk about his ring, 65,000 yards passing, which could grow to 70,000 and 464 TDs, which could increase to 500

No chance he slings 36 touchdown passes this season. I don't think he'll even get to 25 TD passes.

body88

« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2009, 09:10:22 PM »
First off, Favre has never officially retired. Not once. In order to retire while under contract for a team in the NFL, you need to file the necessary paperwork with the league. Favre has never done that.

Michael Jordan "officially retired" three times throughout his career.

You're comparing Farve to Jordan? HA-HA!

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2009, 08:25:34 AM »
You're comparing Farve to Jordan? HA-HA!

Body88's quote, "Name one athlete that has retired....unretired and retired again more than Farve"

I was simply answering the question and I provided an example. What's wrong with comparing the two given the nature of the question?

body88

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2009, 08:55:40 AM »
Body88's quote, "Name one athlete that has retired....unretired and retired again more than Farve"

I was simply answering the question and I provided an example. What's wrong with comparing the two given the nature of the question?

You're saying that Micheal Jordan acted in the same manner as Brett Farve?  Year after year he whined, bullshitted, held his team hostage and had a drug problem?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 09:27:09 AM »
You're saying that Micheal Jordan acted in the same manner as Brett Farve?  Year after year he whined, bullshitted, held his team hostage and had a drug problem?

No, I'm not. Your initial question wasn't asking to compare their behaviors during their periods of indecisiveness. You simply asked what other athlete(in a team sport) has retired an unretired as many times as Farve.

Where am I losing you?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 11:20:17 AM »
I dont have a problem with him retiring and coming back time and time again its the manner in which he holds a team hostage, leaves them on the hook, whines, and is indecisive like a little bitch that gets to me

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2009, 12:15:16 PM »
No chance he slings 36 touchdown passes this season. I don't think he'll even get to 25 TD passes.

I doubt he throws for 36 this season, but he'll throw for 36 over the next two seasons if he plays next year too.

Regarding this whole legacy thing, what happens if the Vikings win the Super Bowl?   

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2009, 12:26:08 PM »
I dont have a problem with him retiring and coming back time and time again its the manner in which he holds a team hostage, leaves them on the hook, whines, and is indecisive like a little bitch that gets to me
That's it in a nutshell.

Favre has let a personal beef with GM Ted Thompson grow into this pagaent of bullshit.

Why did it happen?  B/c TT wouldn't kiss Favre's ass by holding up his draft decisions until Brett would decide whether he'd return.

So TT drafted 2 QBs to back up A. Rodgers and Favre 'changed his mind' and wanted to come back and play for GB.

He hurt the team and the organization b/c he's a selfish child.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2009, 12:50:13 PM »
I doubt he throws for 36 this season, but he'll throw for 36 over the next two seasons if he plays next year too.

Regarding this whole legacy thing, what happens if the Vikings win the Super Bowl?   

His legacy becomes greater, in my opinion.

This legacy bullshit is stupid. Favre doesn't care what anyone thinks of his "legacy".  ::) His niche in NFL history is secure. If he takes the Vikings on a deep playoff run, then his so-called tarnished legacy will probably never be brought up again.

Eric15210

• Getbig IV
  • poor people are crazy I'm eccentric
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2009, 01:17:30 PM »

RIP Bob Probert

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2009, 02:01:52 PM »

His legacy will be fine. Two years after he retires, no one is going to remember Favre for ruining his legacy.

Unless he has an excellent season and possibly even if he does, he'll long be remembered for this self-indulgent CRAP - making sure to avoid training camp and trying hard to avoid interaction with players as well, as some of the Jets mentioned. Pussy

Not in the top 10 all-time QBs, always a media darling and over-rated in relation to peers. It's all about Brett, always has been, which is why he only won the SB once, against a mediocre team.

Especially in GB i'm sure a lot of fans can't stand this idiot. True warriors do NOT mess with team dynamics year in and year out, as he's done with several teams now-not a team player.

Obviously the Vikings don't know what they're doing, because if they did they'd have a legit QB now, like the Jets and Packers do, instead of wasting all the talent on the rest of the team with poor QBs that destroy their seasons. In other words, they wouldn't be desperate the way they are now in doing this at the last minute.

His legacy becomes greater, in my opinion.

Most of the sports media had enough by the end of last season, as have plenty of fans including many die-hards in GB. You're seeing it the way you want to vs. how it is.

body88

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2009, 02:55:48 PM »
No, I'm not. Your initial question wasn't asking to compare their behaviors during their periods of indecisiveness. You simply asked what other athlete(in a team sport) has retired an unretired as many times as Farve.

Where am I losing you?

Ok , now that we've established an athlete who has retired as much as Farve, lets look at how each handled the situation.  Did Jordan taint his career with poor behavior, a drug problem and personal beefs with his gm?

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 19, 2009, 05:25:09 PM »
Ok , now that we've established an athlete who has retired as much as Farve, lets look at how each handled the situation.  Did Jordan taint his career with poor behavior, a drug problem and personal beefs with his gm?

No drug problem or record of bad behavior. But it was well-documented within the organization that he constanly feuded with GM Jerry Krause about the direction of the team.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2009, 05:33:23 PM »
No drug problem or record of bad behavior. But it was well-documented within the organization that he constanly feuded with GM Jerry Krause about the direction of the team.

And lost millions due to his gambling problem, repeatedly cheated on his wife, was sued by one of his mistresses because he refused to increase his hush money, routinely abused his teammates, etc. 

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 19, 2009, 05:41:54 PM »
And lost millions due to his gambling problem, repeatedly cheated on his wife, was sued by one of his mistresses because he refused to increase his hush money, routinely abused his teammates, etc. 

Bravo..all good points. Thanks.

body88

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 07:19:21 AM »
Bravo..all good points. Thanks.

How are they good points?  You guys are saying Michael Jordan is a bad guy, now?   ::)  To me Farve is a whiny little bitch, who is a an attention whore, over the hill and plain old annoying.  Many people feel the same way that I do, and I would say the majority of people wish this clown would retire and shit up.  Jordan never did what Farve has done publicly.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 10:02:28 AM »

How are they good points?  You guys are saying Michael Jordan is a bad guy, now?   ::)  To me Farve is a whiny little bitch, who is a an attention whore, over the hill and plain old annoying.  Many people feel the same way that I do, and I would say the majority of people wish this clown would retire and shit up.  Jordan never did what Farve has done publicly.

Jordan was a bit of a bitch when he unretired and came to DC as the GM. The team was shitty to begin with and his ego allowed him to think that he was the one missing piece to making the Wizards a playoff contender. He demanded way too much out of his not-so-talented teammates and was eventually cast out by ownership from having any further involvement with the future of the Wizards organization.

Maybe it's a stretch to compare the behaviors of Favre versus Jordan. But Jordan was certainly no angel throughout his career with his publicly known vices. His sheer talent above his competition allowed him to be perceived as godlike amongst his peers and even his harshest critics. He was the ultimate winner in his sport and the only player of his talent level during his heyday. That kind of stature gives you a lot of free passes in life.

You really have a bug up your ass about Favre, Body88. Did his playing in the AFC East last year piss you off that much?