Author Topic: Sony PlayStation 3 Gets A Price Drop And A New "Slim" Model September 1st  (Read 4550 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
Kaz Hirai, head of all things PlayStation announced that the long-rumored slim PlayStation 3 Slim will be in stores the first week of September.

Hirai noted that it will be have the same features and function of the current PS3, with a 120 gb drive. It will be 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter.

The unit will cost $299 in the U.S., 299 euros, 29980 yen.

It was widely speculated among the gaming press that Sony would announce a slim version of the PlayStation 3. Recurring rumors of price drops and supposed spy shots fueled speculation for months.

Sony's next major gaming press event is Tokyo Game Show, which begins in late September.

As for the current PS3 Models currently in stores the prices have dropped from 399$ to 299$ for the current model, but who would go and buy the current model now for that price when the new PS3 Slim will be available first week of September?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
Finally, a PS3 that will be lighter and smaller.  Nothing more annoying than a clunky box under your tv.
 ::)
Unless, you take your PS3 on vacation with you many times a year, the size game it pointless.  I always laugh when the new tv is 3" thinner, but your components measure 17" deep usually..hahah
If you don't have in wall components, the tv/ps3 size is irrelevant.  Wall mount, you still have components extend the space by 20".
 ;)
N

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
it shit has been all over the internet for weeks. ;D
A

spinnis

Wtf are they gonna do with the thousands of PS3's original size consols that No one is gonna buy now?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Available in the US on August 24th.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Ill wait for it to hit about 200-230quid then buy one

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
Wtf are they gonna do with the thousands of PS3's original size consols that No one is gonna buy now?

im sure the hardware and software contained within still holds value of some sort...............perha ps they make their way back to sony to become other things.........what happens to cars that are never purchases, same thing i guess??

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
im sure the hardware and software contained within still holds value of some sort...............perha ps they make their way back to sony to become other things.........what happens to cars that are never purchases, same thing i guess??

They will sell them out... They will eventually drop the price on those as well and they will get bought.

The software will not change... They are completely upgradable.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I still have a $149 TV from Target.  It has a built-in DVD player.  I do own a Wii.  I fvckin rock.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Wii is a great ida and concept.

Games and graphics are shit though.

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
Wii is a great ida and concept.

Games and graphics are shit though.

well WII is obviously the first incarnation of the next generation of more-interactive gaming......like a jumpin goff point.........just sucks that by the time we really have virtual reality, and games of that nature, i will be a smelly old man..................... .i t seems liek just a fews days ago, i was playing my sega genesis and laughing at my father because he would have to entertain himself with mad magazine

GRACIE JIU-JITSU

• Getbig IV
  • HAIL SATAN. I'm a bad ass...You're just an ass.

BANE

8)
Gracie Rules

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
I still have a $149 TV from Target.  It has a built-in DVD player.  I do own a Wii.  I fvckin rock.
Fierce set up.  Can I come over some time?
N

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Fierce set up.  Can I come over some time?

Bring friends.  I have plenty of fold-up lawn chairs in my living room.

hcg5000iu

• Getbig II
wow that will put muscles on you

TommyBoy

• Getbig IV
  • What's the vector, Victor?

BANE

8)

Hell yea. One of the more awesome things about Bane is he is actually super intelligent to boot.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Ill wait for it to hit about 200-230quid then buy one
stop bitching. The US price don't include tax. ;D
A

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
Bring friends.  I have plenty of fold-up lawn chairs in my living room.

NOW WE ARE FUCKING TALKING! I'll bring a case of Muscle Milk Light.

Seriously though, I guess NOW I can get one of these fuckers (PS3).....
HAHA, RON.....

HDPhysiques

• Getbig III
  • "Hi-Def Bodies in Hi-Def Video"
Only 2 years too late.
JOIN HDPhysiques!!!!

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
Only 2 years too late.
Would have been 800 bucks 2 years ago ::) ::)
A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Would have been 800 bucks 2 years ago ::) ::)

lol, isn't it ridiculous??

I have a Wii at home, and now i will buy the PS3, because i wanted a blue ray player as well.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
I am buying one for 140 pounds with controller and 2 games!

Friend only played it twice. Not a gamer and needs the money.

Fantastic deal!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Kaz Hirai, head of all things PlayStation announced that the long-rumored slim PlayStation 3 Slim will be in stores the first week of September.

Hirai noted that it will be have the same features and function of the current PS3, with a 120 gb drive. It will be 33 percent smaller, 36 percent lighter.

The unit will cost $299 in the U.S., 299 euros, 29980 yen.

It was widely speculated among the gaming press that Sony would announce a slim version of the PlayStation 3. Recurring rumors of price drops and supposed spy shots fueled speculation for months.

Sony's next major gaming press event is Tokyo Game Show, which begins in late September.

As for the current PS3 Models currently in stores the prices have dropped from 399$ to 299$ for the current model, but who would go and buy the current model now for that price when the new PS3 Slim will be available first week of September?

I prefer the arcade games of my youth.... but maybe I should give one of these new things a try.  :D

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
lol, isn't it ridiculous??

I have a Wii at home, and now i will buy the PS3, because i wanted a blue ray player as well.

That's mainly why I'm getting it. I have a 360, and to be honest haven't felt the need to get a PS3. But now, with a lower price, sure, why not?

I prefer the arcade games of my youth.... but maybe I should give one of these new things a try.  :D

You should. I'm sure there's something out there that could interest you. Hell, if nothing else, you can get a "classics" collection for the PS3.
HAHA, RON.....

BayGBM

• Getbig V
You should. I'm sure there's something out there that could interest you. Hell, if nothing else, you can get a "classics" collection for the PS3.

I already have that via MAME (Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator) on my Mac.  MAME is available for both Mac and PC.

I must be getting old; I'm content with DVDs.  I've seen them, but BlueRay movies/disks hold no special interest for me.