Author Topic: Sarah Palin owns Obama again. (Obama sending 2 Billion to Brazil for Drilling)  (Read 2205 times)

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
YOUR TAX DOLLARS HARD AT WORK: FIRST CARS, NOW FOREIGN OIL.
(Sarah Smacks Down Obama Again!)

http://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin?v=app_2347471856&viewas=0 ^ | 8-19-09 | Sarah Palin

Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:29:47 AM by Sarah Barracuda

Today's Wall Street Journal contains some puzzling news for all Americans who are impacted by high energy prices and who share the goal of moving us toward energy independence.

For years, states rich with an abundance of oil and natural gas have been begging Washington, DC politicians for the right to develop their own natural resources on federal lands and off shore. Such development would mean good paying jobs here in the United States (with health benefits) and the resulting royalties and taxes would provide money for federal coffers that would potentially off-set the need for higher income taxes, reduce the federal debt and deficits, or even help fund a trillion dollar health care plan if one were so inclined to support such a plan.

So why is it that during these tough times, when we have great needs at home, the Obama White House is prepared to send more than two billion of your hard-earned tax dollars to Brazil so that the nation's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, can drill off shore and create jobs developing its own resources? That's all Americans want; but such rational energy development has been continually thwarted by rabid environmentalists, faceless bureaucrats and a seemingly endless parade of lawsuits aimed at shutting down new energy projects.

I'll speak for the talent I have personally witnessed on the oil fields in Alaska when I say no other country in the world has a stronger workforce than America, no other country in the world has better safety standards than America, and no other country in the world has stricter environmental standards than America. Come to Alaska to witness how oil and gas can be developed simultaneously with the preservation of our eco-system. America has the resources. We deserve the opportunity to develop our resources no less than the Brazilians. Millions of Americans know it is true: "Drill, baby, drill." Alaska is proof you can drill and develop, and preserve nature, with its magnificent caribou herds passing by the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS), completely unaffected. One has to wonder if Obama is playing politics and perhaps refusing a "win" for some states just to play to the left with our money.

The new Gulf of Mexico lease sales tomorrow sound promising and perhaps will move some states in the right direction, but we all know that the extreme environmentalists who serve to block progress elsewhere, including in Alaska, continue to block opportunities. These environmentalists are putting our nation in peril and forcing us to rely on unstable and hostile foreign countries. Mr. Obama can stop the extreme tactics and exert proper government authority to encourage resource development and create jobs and health benefits in the U.S.; instead, he chooses to use American dollars in Brazil that will help to pay the salaries and benefits for Brazilians to drill for resources when the need and desire is great in America.

Buy American is a wonderful slogan, but you can't say in one breath that you want to strengthen our economy and stimulate it, and then in another ship our much-needed dollars to a nation desperate to drill while depriving us of the same opportunity.

- Sarah Palin

________________________ ________________________ ____________

Obama is owned again on this. 

Go Sarah! 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Obama Underwrites Offshore Drilling
Too bad it's not in U.S. waters.Article Comments (74) more in Opinion »Email Printer
Friendly Share: Yahoo Buzz ↓ More

You read that headline correctly. Unfortunately, the Obama Administration is financing oil exploration off Brazil.

The U.S. is going to lend billions of dollars to Brazil's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, to finance exploration of the huge offshore discovery in Brazil's Tupi oil field in the Santos Basin near Rio de Janeiro. Brazil's planning minister confirmed that White House National Security Adviser James Jones met this month with Brazilian officials to talk about the loan.

The U.S. Export-Import Bank tells us it has issued a "preliminary commitment" letter to Petrobras in the amount of $2 billion and has discussed with Brazil the possibility of increasing that amount. Ex-Im Bank says it has not decided whether the money will come in the form of a direct loan or loan guarantees. Either way, this corporate foreign aid may strike some readers as odd, given that the U.S. Treasury seems desperate for cash and Petrobras is one of the largest corporations in the Americas.

But look on the bright side. If President Obama has embraced offshore drilling in Brazil, why not in the old U.S.A.? The land of the sorta free and the home of the heavily indebted has enormous offshore oil deposits, and last year ahead of the November elections, with gasoline at $4 a gallon, Congress let a ban on offshore drilling expire.

The Bush Administration's five-year plan (2007-2012) to open the outer continental shelf to oil exploration included new lease sales in the Gulf of Mexico. But in 2007 environmentalists went to court to block drilling in Alaska and in April a federal court ruled in their favor. In May, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar said his department was unsure whether that ruling applied only to Alaska or all offshore drilling. So it asked an appeals court for clarification. Late last month the court said the earlier decision applied only to Alaska, opening the way for the sale of leases in the Gulf. Mr. Salazar now says the sales will go forward on August 19.

This is progress, however slow. But it still doesn't allow the U.S. to explore in Alaska or along the East and West Coasts, which could be our equivalent of the Tupi oil fields, which are set to make Brazil a leading oil exporter. Americans are right to wonder why Mr. Obama is underwriting in Brazil what he won't allow at home.

________________________ ________________________ ________________________ ______

And you guys wonder why I despise this marxist communist radical goon in the WH? 

Go Sarah Go!!!

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Sorry but is Palin even relevant to anyone anymore? Other than you 333 cause we all know you love her but seriously.  She quit her term and basically gave up.  She's a dead duck.  Cooked goose. Whatever you want to say.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Sorry but is Palin even relevant to anyone anymore? Other than you 333 cause we all know you love her but seriously.  She quit her term and basically gave up.  She's a dead duck.  Cooked goose. Whatever you want to say.

Ha ha.  She is directly responsible for Obama giving up the public plan with her one facebook posting and you call her irrelvent???

BTW - why dont you comment on the WSJ article I posted supporting her article? 

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
Ha ha.  She is directly responsible for Obama giving up the public plan with her one facebook posting and you call her irrelvent???

BTW - why dont you comment on the WSJ article I posted supporting her article? 

HAHA you really believe that? You watch too much fox news bro.
Abandon every hope...

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
It looks like dumbass/moron/hillbilly/ignorant Palin is about to put the brilliant/genius/smart/intelligent/transformational/ Obama into another box he cant get out of on this.  

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
HAHA you really believe that? You watch too much fox news bro.

Again - you attack her fine, but what about the WSJ article you still are silent on???

How can anyone justify this insanity?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!

Is she relevant?Are you kidding me?MSNBC doesnt go ONE night without talking about her.The president of the United States used the term THAT SHE USED [death pannels]in trying to denounce the rights scare tactics.This is a women who holds no political office ,yet,other then Rush,is talked about more by left wing libs like Olberman and Olberman in drag[I think he calls hiumself Maddow]and Mathews then anyone else.For someone thats a dunce,a fool,an idiot,the left CANT stop talking about her.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Is she relevant?Are you kidding me?MSNBC doesnt go ONE night without talking about her.The president of the United States used the term THAT SHE USED [death pannels]in trying to denounce the rights scare tactics.This is a women who holds no political office ,yet,other then Rush,is talked about more by left wing libs like Olberman and Olberman in drag[I think he calls hiumself Maddow]and Mathews then anyone else.For someone thats a dunce,a fool,an idiot,the left CANT stop talking about her.

Can we talk about the article? 

Billy you, as usual, are 100% correct on this, but do you think even one lib is going to defend this?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com

you been drinking?  LMAO

her single facebook posting is 'directly responsible'?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Actually, I just poppoed a corona. 

However, you simply cannot deny that she alone is responsible for the "death panels" discuissions and people looking at the writings of Ezekial Emanuel. 

pedro01

• Getbig V
  • Hello Hunior
I don't think it's a bad idea making a loan to Petrobas in this way. It will help to bring more oil onto the markets. It's just printed money anyway.

It would be interesting to see what kind of return there in on the investment as well as whether the US can lay claim to any of the produce at preferential rates.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
palin jumped on the death panel facebook mess about a week after drudge headlined it.

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
More obfuscation.

This thread is about the gift that Obama is giving another country to develop their own energy  sector.

This isn't about Fox News, or Death Panels or someone indirectly attacking her to deflect away from what Obama is doing.

If you have nothing of merit to say or discuss concerning the the article or whatever that was posted, please shut the fuck up.

Thanks.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Palin? ::) ::)  Jesus, you're fucking kidding with this stupid bitch?  333, WTF ::)  You might as well go get a trained sewer rat to get all up in our faces with ::)  Ah haaa!!!  My Sarah Palin says... just doesn't work for anyone with 3+ brain cells...

Sarah is your hero and you want people to be disapointed with Obama?... good god man.

Sarah Palin doesn't own anybody but herself.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
YOUR TAX DOLLARS HARD AT WORK: FIRST CARS, NOW FOREIGN OIL.
(Sarah Smacks Down Obama Again!)

http://www.facebook.com/sarahpalin?v=app_2347471856&viewas=0 ^ | 8-19-09 | Sarah Palin

Posted on Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:29:47 AM by Sarah Barracuda

Today's Wall Street Journal contains some puzzling news for all Americans who are impacted by high energy prices and who share the goal of moving us toward energy independence.

For years, states rich with an abundance of oil and natural gas have been begging Washington, DC politicians for the right to develop their own natural resources on federal lands and off shore. Such development would mean good paying jobs here in the United States (with health benefits) and the resulting royalties and taxes would provide money for federal coffers that would potentially off-set the need for higher income taxes, reduce the federal debt and deficits, or even help fund a trillion dollar health care plan if one were so inclined to support such a plan.

So why is it that during these tough times, when we have great needs at home, the Obama White House is prepared to send more than two billion of your hard-earned tax dollars to Brazil so that the nation's state-owned oil company, Petrobras, can drill off shore and create jobs developing its own resources? That's all Americans want; but such rational energy development has been continually thwarted by rabid environmentalists, faceless bureaucrats and a seemingly endless parade of lawsuits aimed at shutting down new energy projects.

I'll speak for the talent I have personally witnessed on the oil fields in Alaska when I say no other country in the world has a stronger workforce than America, no other country in the world has better safety standards than America, and no other country in the world has stricter environmental standards than America. Come to Alaska to witness how oil and gas can be developed simultaneously with the preservation of our eco-system. America has the resources. We deserve the opportunity to develop our resources no less than the Brazilians. Millions of Americans know it is true: "Drill, baby, drill." Alaska is proof you can drill and develop, and preserve nature, with its magnificent caribou herds passing by the Trans Alaska Pipeline System (TAPS), completely unaffected. One has to wonder if Obama is playing politics and perhaps refusing a "win" for some states just to play to the left with our money.

The new Gulf of Mexico lease sales tomorrow sound promising and perhaps will move some states in the right direction, but we all know that the extreme environmentalists who serve to block progress elsewhere, including in Alaska, continue to block opportunities. These environmentalists are putting our nation in peril and forcing us to rely on unstable and hostile foreign countries. Mr. Obama can stop the extreme tactics and exert proper government authority to encourage resource development and create jobs and health benefits in the U.S.; instead, he chooses to use American dollars in Brazil that will help to pay the salaries and benefits for Brazilians to drill for resources when the need and desire is great in America.

Buy American is a wonderful slogan, but you can't say in one breath that you want to strengthen our economy and stimulate it, and then in another ship our much-needed dollars to a nation desperate to drill while depriving us of the same opportunity.

- Sarah Palin

________________________ ________________________ ____________

Obama is owned again on this. 

Go Sarah! 

the only part I can't figure out is that

sometimes you don't seem like a complete moron

240 is Back

• Getbig V

You are a sarah-bot.

You can respond by calling me anythign int he book, insulting Zero, etc.

But this will not change the fact you give her more credit than she deserves and you minimize her flaws.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

Actually some people think she's still relevant. She's on the cover of STAR magazine this week.
333386 ought to pick up a copy. It will make his heart swoon. There's a big article saying that her & Todd are finished. That he is tired of living a lie...she supposedly threw her wedding ring into a lake... and quite disturbing, it has a picture depicted as 15 yr old Willow swigging a bottle to her lips, and claims she is drinking & partying out of control. I don't know whether the picture was photoshopped and that it wasn't a pic of some other young teen drinking, ...but I'm surprised they would dare print that if it were untrue, ...especially considering the threats she made to get litigious with any publication that printed those very same allegations... all of which she denied.

Keep your fingers crossed 333386, ...she might become a single woman very soon. Would that just make your day?  :D
w

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
You whats hysterical - not one of you posters even commented on the substance of the article itself. 

Attack me, fine I can take it.

But I want one poster to defend this insanity.  Why would we ever give 2 billion to Brazil to develop more oil drilling when we shackle ourselves from doing the same? 

And this fool of a president we have has the balls to talk about "energy independence"?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
Palin? ::) ::)  Jesus, you're fucking kidding with this stupid bitch?  333, WTF ::)  You might as well go get a trained sewer rat to get all up in our faces with ::)  Ah haaa!!!  My Sarah Palin says... just doesn't work for anyone with 3+ brain cells...

Sarah is your hero and you want people to be disapointed with Obama?... good god man.

Sarah Palin doesn't own anybody but herself.

Can we please keep this thread on track?

33386, it's time to stop posting Palin stuff. Obama could be selling of parts of the Mid-West to the Chinese to settle some debt but the moment Palin is mentioned, no one cares.

The substance of Obama giving Brazil 2 billion to finance their state owned offshore drilling is eye-opening.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
Can we please keep this thread on track?

33386, it's time to stop posting Palin stuff. Obama could be selling of parts of the Mid-West to the Chinese to settle some debt but the moment Palin is mentioned, no one cares.

The substance of Obama giving Brazil 2 billion to finance their state owned offshore drilling is eye-opening.

Why do you think I posted the WSJ article itself as my second post?

GigantorX

• Getbig V
Why do you think I posted the WSJ article itself as my second post?

I know. But now the thread is about Palin and not about Obama giving Brazil 2 billion dollars to help finance their state owned Petrobras off shore drilling.

That is what this thread should be about. But there are too many clowns.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
I know. But now the thread is about Palin and not about Obama giving Brazil 2 billion dollars to help finance their state owned Petrobras off shore drilling.

That is what this thread should be about. But there are too many clowns.

They simply cant stand that she is correct on this and the insanity that their faux messiah is pursuing. 

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
G

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Is it a surprise that Obama allows drilling AND PAYS FOR IT in Brazil but he lets enviro kooks dictate to him not to drill on our own off shore.Is that a surprise?Obama HATES America.By helping Brazil,he hopes to get them richer so we have less of an advantage over them.His goal is to make the rest of the world equal to us because America is so unfair.Thats why he applogises for America EVERYTIME he goes abroad.The guy hate EVERYTHING this country stands for.

As far as Palin goes.Everytime she posts ANYTHING says ANYTHING the left talks about her.THATS called getting owned.She says "jump" the left jumps,but thinks they are winning because as they are jumping they are saying "your stupid,your stupid".Its a joke.She owns them lock stock and barrel.