Author Topic: N.Y. auto dealers pull out of clunkers program due to Govt. ineptness.  (Read 1826 times)

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
Re: N.Y. auto dealers pull out of clunkers program due to Govt. ineptness.
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 08:17:45 AM »
Example taken from Don Harrold with lower figures.

Initial clunker (car) cost on average = $20,000. (being generous)
Interest, Tax, title, licence, other = around $2400 (being generous)

Total COST= around $22,400

Money for "Clunker" = $4500 (credit)

Total COST= $17,900

New car= $20,000 (average)
Total DEBT for new car= $22,400

Drive new car off lot and now it's only worth $11,000. You just went into immediate debt for $11,000 just by driving off the lot.  Plus all the money you spent on your initial clunker and the new spending/debt total is $28,900.  Total cost of the new vehicle plus cost of old vehicle = $40,300

So on average a person spent almost $40,000 of their hard earned dollars to help an overseas economy that sells the car parts to Americans. The banks make money. The tax payer pays for the program. There is no credit to the public only more public debt.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 08:21:59 AM »

Total COST= $17,900

Drive new car off lot and now it's only worth $11,000. You just went into immediate debt for $11,000 just by driving off the lot.  Plus all the money you spent on your initial clunker and the new spending/debt total is $28,900.  Total cost of the new vehicle plus cost of old vehicle = $40,300

So on average a person spent almost $40,000 of their hard earned dollars to help an overseas economy that sells the car parts to Americans. The banks make money. The tax payer pays for the program. There is no credit to the public only more public debt.

Thanks.  Lets see how the usual gang defends this nonsense. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 08:50:47 AM »

Total COST= $17,900

1. Why are you assuming that an 1984 Grand Marquis is worth 20,000 dollars?  Why are you assuming that someone owned it since brand new?  Why are you assuming someone paid any maintenance on it?  It makes ZERO sense to factor this as an initial cost and it is flat out wrong and pointless.

2. AND then you claim that you lose 11 grand the minute you drive off a car lot???????  I can go buy ANY of these cars, drive it a mile home and then put it on EBAY and sell it for not even close to an 11 grand loss.  This is STUPID STUPID STUPID and makes no sense.

3.  Why would you add the factory price of a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400,000 miles on it to the total cost?  Are you claiming that a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400,000 miles on it is still worth the 20 grand you claim???

Seriously Bindare,

This is Dumb and makes no sense.  Your whole argument is garbage or whoever made it up.  You can`t possibly be this moronic.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 08:59:01 AM »
Try this made up example out.

Bought 1984 Grand Marquis for 400 dollars 2 years ago on Craigslist with 250,000 miles on it.

Put 100,000 miles on it in 2 years and never once spent a dollar of maintenance.

The Customer decides he wants a new car and can afford the 110 dollars a month in payments or he can pay it in full with the money he has saved.

Cash For Clunkers gives 4500 dollars for the 1984 Grand Marquis towards the price of a New Chevy Equinox of 22,000 bringing the cost down to 17,500.

The customer owes 17,500 nothing more.

HOW STUPID ARE YOU?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 09:01:44 AM »
Bindare Dundat seems to think a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400,000 miles on it is worth 20 grand.

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAA H

What planet are you living on?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 09:06:38 AM »
Bindare`s "math" is rife with assumption, devoid of any facts and makes zero sense of not only how he arrived at those figures but the combining of the figures.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 09:09:41 AM »
Bindare`s "math" is rife with assumption, devoid of any facts and makes zero sense of not only how he arrived at those figures but the combining of the figures.

His math used the person who bought it new.  Cars for clunkers is a disaster TA. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 09:25:35 AM »
His math used the person who bought it new.  Cars for clunkers is a disaster TA. 
That makes no sense at all.  He is assuming everyone had bought the car they turned in brand new and that the car is somehow magically worth the same amount as the day he bought it 26 years ago with 0 miles on it as opposed to having 400,000.  Cash for Clunkers has NOTHING to do with this aspect.  Remove the program and the 1984 Grand Marquis is worth the same. (less actually than the 4500 given for it in the program) 

Even if someone did buy a 1984 Grand Marquis brand new and drove it 400,000 miles and wanted a new car, do you think this person could sell it for what he paid for it?  The person got 26 years of service out of the car which is a great amount of time. In fact, he is getting MORE than what he could sell it for and it is going to the purchase of a new car.

I know YOU understand this 33366, I don`t think Bindare Dundat does at all.
It makes no sense.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 09:29:25 AM »
If that person needed a new car, they would need to buy a new car regardlesss of a taxpayer welfare check. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 09:42:15 AM »
If that person needed a new car, they would need to buy a new car regardlesss of a taxpayer welfare check. 
And they would have to shell out 4500 dollars more than they would if they didn`t have anything to turn in.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 09:45:45 AM »
And they would have to shell out 4500 dollars more than they would if they didn`t have anything to turn in.

WTF should you or I pay for that?????

That is not my problem.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 09:52:46 AM »
WTF should you or I pay for that?????

That is not my problem.
Why should you or I pay for the maintenance of 30 year old Nuclear weapons that we never intend to use?

At least Cash for Clunkers is generating revenue,saving and creating jobs, creating a profit over cost of the program and providing citizens with the ability to afford a new car while generating less pollution, and saving BILLIONS in oil cost and production as these cars get more MPG, thus more efficient usage of existing resources.

Program is a huge success.

What good are 30 year old Nuclear Weapons doing stored in a warehouse?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 09:59:49 AM »
Why should you or I pay for the maintenance of 30 year old Nuclear weapons that we never intend to use?

At least Cash for Clunkers is generating revenue,saving and creating jobs, creating a profit over cost of the program and providing citizens with the ability to afford a new car while generating less pollution, and saving BILLIONS in oil cost and production as these cars get more MPG, thus more efficient usage of existing resources.

Program is a huge success.

What good are 30 year old Nuclear Weapons doing stored in a warehouse?

A nuclear power plant benefits the society as a whole as delivering electricity to everyone. 

An individuals' private purchase of an automobile is their personal choice, especially when they already own a working vehicle.  You or I should not be expected to subsidize that.   

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 10:14:14 AM »
A nuclear power plant benefits the society as a whole as delivering electricity to everyone. 

An individuals' private purchase of an automobile is their personal choice, especially when they already own a working vehicle.  You or I should not be expected to subsidize that.   
???
How do Nuclear Weapons in a warehouse generate electricity to anyone?  I don`t understand.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 10:16:06 AM »
???
How do Nuclear Weapons in a warehouse generate electricity to anyone?  I don`t understand.

Nuclear Weapons have kept your rear end safe from nut jobs for generations. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 10:19:19 AM »
Nuclear Weapons have kept your rear end safe from nut jobs for generations. 
How and from whom?

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 06:24:24 PM »
Bindare Dundat seems to think a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400,000 miles on it is worth 20 grand.

HAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAHHAA H

What planet are you living on?

I gave up on you a long time ago fucktard. You can't even fucking read. Where did I say a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400, 000 miles is worth 20 grand you dummy? I was talking about the average initial purchase cost of the trade in car for this program. I also never once said that all the trade ins  were 1 owner cars but some, (probably most), will be especially when you look at the year of the top ten ...

The number one vehicle destroyed under the Cash for Clunkers program, the Transportation Department says, was the Ford Explorer (1998 edition). Number two, the Ford Explorer (1997). Number Three...you guessed it. The '96 model

The top eight, Jalopnik reports, were all SUVs. In fact, they were all various editions of the Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee. A pair of late ‘90s minivans, the ‘97 Ford Windstar and '99 Dodge Grand Caravan, round out the top ten. All ten were domestic vehicles

You think people didn't do any maintenance on a ten year old car? Good grief.

Fuck it. You're not worth any more time spent or deserving of explanations.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 07:21:54 PM »
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...F2b2lkLXNuYXJs

Quote:

Of course not. Several weeks into the "cash for clunkers" program it turns out that delivering a couple of billion dollars worth of rebates to hundreds of thousands of car buyers can generate a few flat tires. The Department of Transportation's latest update on the Car Allowance Rebate System shows that the government has received applications for about 412,000 rebates totaling $1.7 billion. But so far, the feds have approved only a fraction of those, leaving dealers furious.

The Transportation Department won't say exactly what the rejection rate is, but in an Automotive News survey, some dealers said up to 80 percent of their rebate applications had been rejected. Some dealers are waiting for payments totaling as much as $200,000, the survey found. About 13 percent of dealers said they've suspended clunker deals because of red tape and concern about getting paid by the government.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 09:41:21 PM »

I gave up on you a long time ago fucktard. You can't even fucking read. Where did I say a 1984 Grand Marquis with 400, 000 miles is worth 20 grand you dummy? I was talking about the average initial purchase cost of the trade in car for this program. I also never once said that all the trade ins  were 1 owner cars but some, (probably most), will be especially when you look at the year of the top ten ...

The number one vehicle destroyed under the Cash for Clunkers program, the Transportation Department says, was the Ford Explorer (1998 edition). Number two, the Ford Explorer (1997). Number Three...you guessed it. The '96 model

The top eight, Jalopnik reports, were all SUVs. In fact, they were all various editions of the Ford Explorer and Jeep Grand Cherokee. A pair of late ‘90s minivans, the ‘97 Ford Windstar and '99 Dodge Grand Caravan, round out the top ten. All ten were domestic vehicles

You think people didn't do any maintenance on a ten year old car? Good grief.

Fuck it. You're not worth any more time spent or deserving of explanations.

Crybaby, go back and read your first post.  Your "math" was not grounded in any kind of logic whatsoever.

You posted something so devoid of logic, you put yourself in a pretzel believing it.  In the future, you might want to think before you post because you embarrassed yourself with this one today.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 09:48:59 PM »
Crybaby, go back and read your first post.  Your "math" was not grounded in any kind of logic whatsoever.

You posted something so devoid of logic, you put yourself in a pretzel believing it.  In the future, you might want to think before you post because you embarrassed yourself with this one today.

Holy fuck. It's like talking to a 2 year old. I wont bother anymore.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2009, 07:45:08 AM »
Holy fuck. It's like talking to a 2 year old. I wont bother anymore.
Please don`t unless you are going to use facts or unless you are going to formulate a real world example using real world evidence and real world mathematics in a related and comprehenisve way.

Up to this point,

You=FAIL