Author Topic: So Obama can't even handle cash for clunkers...  (Read 2622 times)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
So Obama can't even handle cash for clunkers...
« on: August 19, 2009, 05:18:34 PM »
...which is a 3 billion dollar shit ass program , and he wants to run our nation's healthcare?

HA HA HA HA HA HA.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/32479838

Is 'Cash for Clunkers' Program A Victim of Its Own Success?
Published: Wednesday, 19 Aug 2009 | 3:44 PM ET
Text Size
By: CNBC.com With AP

Is "Cash for Clunkers" becoming a victim of its own success?

As more car buyers take advantage of the program—which offers rebates of $3,500 or $4,500 for trading in older vehicles for new, more fuel-efficient models—the federal government is struggling to reimburse dealers that shoulder the rebates up front.
Woman looks at new Toyota Camry on dealer lot
AP
Woman looks at new Toyota Camry on dealer lot

The government is so far behind that hundreds of auto dealers in the New York area have withrawn from Cash for Clunkers, citing delays in getting reimbursed.

Earlier in the day, AutoNation CEO Michael J. Jackson told CNBC in a live interview that the government owes his company about $45 million in rebates from the program, but that he still has faith in it.

"The program is succeeding on every level, except for this administrative log jam that we have at the moment, which I am very confident we will get get fixed," Jackson said..

* Slideshow: Most Popular 'Clunker' Trade-Ins—and Purchases

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood, whose department administers the program, said Wednesday that dealers will be repaid for the clunkers deals they have completed.

"I know dealers are frustrated. They're going to get their money," LaHood told reporters.

He said the Obama administration would soon announce how much longer the $3 billion car incentive program will last.

The Greater New York Automobile Dealers Association, which represents dealerships in the New York metro area, said about half its 425 members have left the program because they cannot afford to offer more rebates. They're also worried about getting repaid.

"(The government) needs to move the system forward and they need to start paying these dealers," said Mark Schienberg, the group's president. "This is a cash-dependent business."

Dealers pay the rebates out of pocket, then must wait to be reimbursed by the government. But administrative snags and heavy paperwork have created a backlog of unpaid claims

Schienberg said the group's dealers have been repaid for only about 2 percent of the clunkers deals they've made so far.

Many dealers have said they are worried they won't get repaid at all, while others have waited so long to get reimbursed they don't have the cash to fund any more rebates, Schienberg said.

"The program is a great program in the sense that it's creating a lot of floor traffic that a lot of dealers haven't seen in a long time," he said.

"But it's in the hands of this enormous bureaucracy and regulatory agency," he added. "If they don't get out of their own way, this program is going to be a huge failure."

Auto dealers have made deals worth $1.81 billion under the program, according to government data released Wednesday. That represents 435,102 clunker deals submitted by dealers to the online system the government set up to process rebate requests.

—AP contributed to this report
Deep Tissue Massage

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
Re: So Obama can't even handle cash for clunkers...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:20:32 PM »
yeah and it was acceptable to trash your car for a mere 2-5 mile per hour gain on the new car

an epic waste
A

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 05:22:05 PM »
government working as usual

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 05:25:14 PM »
yeah and it was acceptable to trash your car for a mere 2-5 mile per hour gain on the new car

an epic waste

Gallon retard

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 05:28:10 PM »
Polling group's most recent poll for the President Barack Obama:
Polling Group (Reverse Chronologically)    Date    Approval    Disapproval    Other
Rasmussen Reports[2]                          8/18/2009    49%         50%              1%

Bush wasn't this bad 8 months in.
Deep Tissue Massage

The RedMeatKid

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 05:39:34 PM »
I am a car salesman for ten years and I will tell you that Cash for Clunkers is an absolute cluster-fuck.  The dealers are not receiving the rebate money from the government, and the government has illegally attempted to order the dealers to deliver the cars to the customers regardless if the deals have been approved or not.  If these incompetent ivory tower professor types get hold of health care, be afraid.  Be very afraid.
(

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 05:42:27 PM »
sounds like y'all are wetting your pants? 

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 05:58:07 PM »
Gallon retard

that what i mean lol why so angry asain?
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 05:59:38 PM »
I am a car salesman for ten years and I will tell you that Cash for Clunkers is an absolute cluster-fuck.  The dealers are not receiving the rebate money from the government, and the government has illegally attempted to order the dealers to deliver the cars to the customers regardless if the deals have been approved or not.  If these incompetent ivory tower professor types get hold of health care, be afraid.  Be very afraid.

theyll get the health care and call it co-op. democrats are slick and just rename things and assfuck the country
A

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
that what i mean lol why so angry asain?

Asian , retard

;D

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 06:02:23 PM »
Asian , retard

;D

a simple correction would have sufficed  how come you are bitter is because you are short?
A

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 06:03:46 PM »
The only thing wrong with this program is all the V8s that are getting smashed. :(
A

tendonitis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 06:09:58 PM »
a simple correction would have sufficed  how come you are bitter is because you are short?
you'd be angry too if you were a  5-4 slant eye with a face that looks like it was ran over by a truck repeatedly

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 06:12:04 PM »
you'd be angry too if you were a  5-4 slant eye with a face that looks like it was ran over by a truck repeatedly

i would not id be making friends at the shaolin temple learning superior karate and meditation and attaining asian hoes by virtue of karate mastering anyone who gets in my way
A

lax

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 06:49:01 PM »
poor old obammy is in over his head

and most of you drooling goofs here voted for him

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2009, 07:08:15 PM »
The only thing wrong with this program is all the V8s that are getting smashed. :(

i'm trying to figure out why they aren't salvaging the engines at least?
Deep Tissue Massage

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2009, 07:40:12 PM »

Apparently, you were not paying attention.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2009, 07:45:18 PM »

(Ron, you need to add .png to the list of allowed file types, in this case would be 28kb vs 160kb)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #18 on: August 19, 2009, 07:45:54 PM »

Apparently, you were not paying attention.

apparently neither are you.

Bush's approval ratings.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gallup_Poll-Approval_Rating-George_W_Bush.png

Deep Tissue Massage

physicsgeek

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2009, 07:53:06 PM »

Haha, I wasn't talking about his approval ratings. I was talking about how good of a president he was. Obama's approval rating appears to be dropping more on speculation about things like health care and uncertainties like the economy. I am not American so I doubt you care about my opinion anyways. FYI Canadian health care is excellent :)

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »

first, you're only showing the results of one polling firm, one that tends to skew conservative.  below are the results of another organization.

second, many people who disapprove of Obama's performance do so because he hasn't been aggressive or progressive enough.    He's dragging his feet on many issues, trying to be too bipartisan.   Back in 2001, not too many conservatives disapproved of Bush because he wasn't being conservative enough.

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2009, 08:37:17 PM »
i'm trying to figure out why they aren't salvaging the engines at least?
Because the whole idea is getting rid of the engines and replacement parts. Only car guys care about V8s.  :(
A

RagingBull

• Getbig IV
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2009, 12:16:15 AM »
FYI Canadian health care is excellent :)

"Canadian Health Officials: Our Universal Health Care Is 'Sick,' Private Insurance Should Be Welcomed"

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,539943,00.html

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #23 on: August 20, 2009, 12:17:32 AM »
(Ron, you need to add .png to the list of allowed file types, in this case would be 28kb vs 160kb)

I agree.....
HAHA, RON.....

Alex23

« Reply #24 on: August 20, 2009, 12:49:14 AM »
Lots of 2D graph being thrown around in this thread. My head is spinning approval or not. I also just got drained of all bodily fluids. She passed out be is still leaking. I allways escape the wet spot.