Author Topic: rosetta stone?  (Read 3635 times)

sync pulse

• Getbig V
  • Only be sure always to call it please, 'research'
Re: rosetta stone?
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2009, 10:04:47 PM »
Is rosetta stone worth the money?  ??? I need to learn to speak a foreign language.
http://www.rosettastone.com/

Nothing beats a human teacher...If you are in Houston, try the Houston Community College...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2009, 10:12:59 PM »
Nothing beats a human teacher...If you are in Houston, try the Houston Community College...
i don't live in houston. i live a few hundred miles southwest of there.
A

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 12:00:44 AM »
R/Stone is a CIA driven product...As soon as you click on the site, you go into the system...What they do is narrow it all down between /myspace/facebook/email/google/yahoo/and hundreds of others including R/stone....However R/stone is much higher on the list because it shows "them" that you have the capacity to learn...

good luck...CIA IS WATCHING YOU AND TAKING NOTES...

HTexan

• Getbig V
  • Heath must lose!!
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 01:37:11 AM »
R/Stone is a CIA driven product...As soon as you click on the site, you go into the system...What they do is narrow it all down between /myspace/facebook/email/google/yahoo/and hundreds of others including R/stone....However R/stone is much higher on the list because it shows "them" that you have the capacity to learn...

great, i have nothing to hide. ;)
A

garebear

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Never question my instincts.
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 01:48:11 AM »

do they know how gay you are?
G

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 01:49:30 AM »
It's pretty much 6 hours of conversation.  You repeat what they say, at first.  I went from knowing very little spanish to being able to handle converations.  I still had to look up more vocab - nouns and verbs that weren't on the tape.

But then it makes you complete your own sentences. 

Maria will ask you in spanish how much $ it costs for three beers.  You'll have to respond with "I want to buy 4 beers for my friends, but I only have 4 dollars".  etc etc.  You have to construct your own sentences.  it's very good.

You don't learn to spell it, but you learn to speak it quick.

Quisiero pollar tu hermana, pero solo tengo 4 cetimetros para ella.  Es mejor usar totalmente el mano para esa puta?