Author Topic: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar rumored for 106  (Read 2080 times)

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar rumored for 106
« on: August 19, 2009, 09:33:31 PM »
Apparently someone from Minnesota MMA said that it's in the works, via twatter.
Predictions
 40/61

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
Re: Shane Carwin vs. Brock Lesnar rumored for 106
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 09:36:09 PM »

No Carwin-Velasquz?

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 09:36:22 PM »

only if they're looking past Velasquez...

I just rewatched a couple of shanes fights and changed my opinion...

I think lesnar beats him pretty easily if or when it eventually happens..

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 09:38:59 PM »
Sources close to the event have confirmed to MMAMadness.com that Brock Lesnar will make his first official title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.

Shane Carwin had been scheduled to take on AKA fighter Cain Velasquez in October at UFC 104. But the UFC has opted to change course. Velasquez is not hurt and his management, Zinkin Entertainment, has not heard any news regarding the bout being scratched.

Minnesota MMA confirmed our source by tweeting the news Wednesday night.

UFC 106 takes place November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas NV.

Here are other rumored matches for the event:

Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman
Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida
Predictions
 40/61

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 10:02:54 PM »
Sources close to the event have confirmed to MMAMadness.com that Brock Lesnar will make his first official title defense against Shane Carwin at UFC 106 on November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas, NV.

Shane Carwin had been scheduled to take on AKA fighter Cain Velasquez in October at UFC 104. But the UFC has opted to change course. Velasquez is not hurt and his management, Zinkin Entertainment, has not heard any news regarding the bout being scratched.
Minnesota MMA confirmed our source by tweeting the news Wednesday night.

UFC 106 takes place November 21 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas NV.

Here are other rumored matches for the event:

Tito Ortiz vs. Mark Coleman
Jon Fitch vs. Ricardo Almeida

Then why the change, doesn't make sense, they've been hyping Carwin/Velasquez for some time now.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2009, 05:57:46 AM »
All B.S.

Cain Velasquez (6-0) 5 TKO, 1 DEC, isn't getting scratched.
Giving 110%

RancherRanger

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2009, 06:59:18 AM »
Carwin can beat Brock if he can keep the fight standing.  Now onto the rumored fights, Ricardo Almeida is either going to WW or Fitch is going up to MW.  Wonder which is the case?

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2009, 08:47:05 AM »
"Shane Carwin is fighting Brock Lesnar in a UFC heavyweight title battle at UFC 106, Fighters Only has been able to confirm."

"Fighters Only has since been able to contact a well-placed source who has confirmed that the bout is "definitely" on."

"The UFC scrapped the UFC 104 fight to retain both as viable contenders."

"Lots of talk going around right now. It seems to stem from a twitter post out of MN. I can't confirm or deny anything I can just tell you guys that I am training harder then ever and your support and loyalty will carry me through any fight they send my way. With you guys on my side I am ready for whatever happens. Stay tuned to the site or UFC.com for any official news about me."-Shane Carwin

Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2009, 08:48:15 AM »
Carwin can beat Brock if he can keep the fight standing.  Now onto the rumored fights, Ricardo Almeida is either going to WW or Fitch is going up to MW.  Wonder which is the case?

Big dog is dropping to welter.
Predictions
 40/61

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2009, 08:52:52 AM »
All B.S.

Cain Velasquez (6-0) 5 TKO, 1 DEC, isn't getting scratched.

How does posting his record show he's not getting scratched?  If anything, it just adds to the reasoning why the U.F.C. scratched his fight with Shane.  They want to keep both of them as viable contenders, and pitting them against each other is going to hurt someone's stock.  They are considering Gilbert Yvel as Cain's replacement opponent.
Predictions
 40/61

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2009, 09:08:31 AM »
They want to keep both of them as viable contenders,

exactly

good business move considering after Velasquez and Carwin, the herd starts to thin a tad bit..

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 11:48:18 AM »
How does posting his record show he's not getting scratched?  If anything, it just adds to the reasoning why the U.F.C. scratched his fight with Shane.  They want to keep both of them as viable contenders, and pitting them against each other is going to hurt someone's stock.  They are considering Gilbert Yvel as Cain's replacement opponent.

Your right that someone’s stock could/would get hurt but isn't that why they have contender matches? But how bad, not much IMO.
Not that many fighters are undefeated.

I'm not going to go search the list of 2 undefeated fighter squaring off for a shot @ the title but there are a few.
Why wouldn't Cain or Carwin loosing negate either of them being viable contender? Brock, Chuck,Randy,GSP,BJ, ect... all were, what’s different.

The only reason I can see them doing this is to keep a foot on the neck of Strikeforce. This is a shitty thing to do to Cain if this is true.
Its hard for me to see UFC furthering their dominance in MMA if they keep making backstabbing moves like this for ratings/benji’s.

Giving 110%

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 12:15:37 PM »
BloodyElbow seems to confirm ther Carwin - Lesner match.

I still stand behind my above post after learning this.
Giving 110%

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:07 PM »
calm down boys.cain will get the winner of carwin/lesner assuming he beats rothwell.
DAWG

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2009, 01:15:32 PM »
Your right that someone’s stock could/would get hurt but isn't that why they have contender matches? But how bad, not much IMO.
Not that many fighters are undefeated.

The winner of Randy/Big Nog is rumored to face the winner of Shane/Brock, then you have Mir fighting Kongo at UFC 107.  Where does this leave Cain?  I have no idea.  In all honesty, Cain didn't look that great against Congo in his last fight.  Congo only had 2 weeks of training prior to his fight with Cain and still managed to last all three rounds against him dropping him once in every round.  If they had gone with the Cain/Carwin fight that would've left Brock without a fight for a pretty long time (considering Brock fought at 100,Randy/Nog at 102, Cain/Carwin 104, then the fact that a fighter would like at least a 2 month training camp to prepare for a title fight or any fight for that matter).  They were banking on Fedor fighting Brock and then having the rest of the guys weed themselves out to fight the winner of that fight.  That didn't happen, so i'm guessing they opted to keep their WWE cash cow busy at the expense of Cain.
Predictions
 40/61

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2009, 01:31:47 PM »
If they had gone with the Cain/Carwin fight that would've left Brock without a fight for a pretty long time (considering Brock fought at 100,Randy/Nog at 102, Cain/Carwin 104, then the fact that a fighter would like at least a 2 month training camp to prepare for a title fight or any fight for that matter).

I didn't account for that, makes sence, sucks but makes sence.

I agree with your whole statement but Cain also had only 2 week to prepare for a fighter he was not training for. I guess I live in this fanasty MMA world where I expect TIT 4 TAT.
Giving 110%