Author Topic: Victor Martinez 6 weeks out from Olympia 2009  (Read 10218 times)

Stavios

Re: Victor Martinez 6 weeks out from Olympia 2009
« Reply #75 on: August 20, 2009, 09:31:06 PM »
if he comes on smaller he is done..  he lost to kai already.. so dropping 15 pounds is not a good idea.. and trying to compete with dexter at his game but, coming in smaller to do it is silly.. welcome to 5th place

2004-2005 olympia all over again

Stavios

« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 09:32:12 PM »
If he comes in smaller, but looks like this...he might kick some ass.

he wasn't even that shredded at the NOC, i don't know why people keep saying how great he looked there

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 09:37:18 PM »
he wasn't even that shredded at the NOC, i don't know why people keep saying how great he looked there

because he's never been shredded and thats the best he's ever looked. I dont think he diets hard cos he can never come in shredded to the bone, and if you've been dieting as long as victor has theres no reason u shouldnt be shredded every show u compete in by now.

XS

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 09:56:28 PM »
because he's never been shredded and thats the best he's ever looked. I dont think he diets hard cos he can never come in shredded to the bone, and if you've been dieting as long as victor has theres no reason u shouldnt be shredded every show u compete in by now.

I agree with your last statement completely & with Lats. 

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 10:04:50 PM »
I agree with your last statement completely & with Lats. 

I agree with lats if that was the case, but i dont think victor is trying to do that, the reason being is that victor is one of those "illusion" guys......hes not really that big ( compared to others ), but he looks alot bigger onstage.

His upper body is as big as it ever was. He just needs to legs to come back up, or he might as well hang it up, because with wheels like he had at the arnold, put a fork in him....HES DONE!

LATS

• Getbig IV
« Reply #80 on: August 20, 2009, 10:37:22 PM »
 victor was never known for conditioning but, has been successful based on mass, round muscle bellies, great , wide structure and lines.. if he losses 3 out of 4 of those qualities to opt for conditioning he is done.. no body expects a shredded vic.. but they do expect a mass monster with great lines..

and i agree with stavios.. bring the noc look and he is toast.. the noc did not have a 245 pound heath, a 260 pound kai, and a 235 pound dexter.. so put a (noc) 230 pound victor in the mix and 5th place here i come.. now if he somehow mysteriously puts on the old mass in the next couple of weeks then he has a shot like every one else.. dont see it happening though..

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2009, 02:17:58 AM »
pic courtesy of http://www.flexonline.com/

'Don't count me out !'

Well getbigger'ists WILL count Mr Vic out coz he aint showing the quads or "olympia" calfs as usual.

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2009, 09:19:35 AM »

I think he was as shredded as he needed to be.  You won't see guys with nice lines like Victor come into a contest in Dorian-like condition.  Victor brings shredded glutes to nearly every contest, so he does know how to get his bodyfat down low. 

I think getting razor-shredded is just as genetic as having nice shape. 

In this pic, he displays pretty damn good conditioning.