Author Topic: National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance  (Read 6343 times)

Boost

• Getbig V
Re: National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2009, 01:13:05 PM »
omg I was thinking the same thing

Obese families struggle financially in many cases.

They can't afford healthy proteins and good fats so are forced to comsume high carbohydrate diets of potato chips, fries and sodas. These foods are cheap and provide energy for growing children

IMO the gov should be giving obese individuals $$$ to purchase health promoting foods

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2009, 01:38:18 PM »
Obese families struggle financially in many cases.

They can't afford healthy proteins and good fats so are forced to comsume high carbohydrate diets of potato chips, fries and sodas. These foods are cheap and provide energy for growing children

IMO the gov should be giving obese individuals $$$ to purchase health promoting foods

thats all CHOICE once again...choosing to consume that amount of calories
my ass brah...I live in a part of NC that has the highest unemployment rate and see how people adjust...forced to buy cheap food I think not

maybe a few times a week trip to McDiesel's yes....but you can buy brown rice and meat from the thrift food store is in plenty (expired meat they sell to store after date)...some redneck kid comes to the gym and practically gives it away...dark meat isnt expensive, neither is ground round if you buy big pack from walmart

shit my friend is out of prison and if you have one kid and are unemployed you get an FPS card which is like food stamps and not one of the people I know are considered obese

and dont convince me your broke so you have to buy easy mac and mcdonalds everyday...if you budget correctly walmart has cheap food like rice, tuna, processed meats, and hambuger helper and all that processed shit is MORE EXPENSIVE and food stamps you can get expired meat out the ass

if your obese it is by CHOICE not CIRCUMSTANCE or GENETICS or INCOME...your fat ass CHOOSES to CONSUME that amount of calories on a daily basis to maintain that amount of bodyfat....NO OTHER WAY AROUND IT

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: August 20, 2009, 01:53:04 PM »
thats all CHOICE once again.
It's not even a case of massive calorie intake. The poor obese person is consuming very few calories and so their metabolism is basically dead. Any simple carbs cause an insulin spiike that just piles on the fat. Many obese people are barely able to eat 1000 cals per day, but because there metabolisms are so slow, the only foods they can afford are insulin spiking high carb fat storing foods.

it's a never ending cycle. It's a common misconception that fat people are eating a ton of food. obese individuals are heavily discriminated against in society and especially in the workplace, leading to lower salaries and less opportunities to develop.

The government is committing large scale neglect by allowing a section of society to go malnurished

It sickens me the disinformation regarding obese people and their food intake. We're talking complex metabolic mechanisms here, not calorie consumption.

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2009, 02:01:31 PM »
An association to advance fat acceptance  :o

:D :D :D

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2009, 02:05:07 PM »
It's not even a case of massive calorie intake. The poor obese person is consuming very few calories and so their metabolism is basically dead. Any simple carbs cause an insulin spiike that just piles on the fat. Many obese people are barely able to eat 1000 cals per day, but because there metabolisms are so slow, the only foods they can afford are insulin spiking high carb fat storing foods.

it's a never ending cycle. It's a common misconception that fat people are eating a ton of food. obese individuals are heavily discriminated against in society and especially in the workplace, leading to lower salaries and less opportunities to develop.

The government is committing large scale neglect by allowing a section of society to go malnurished

It sickens me the disinformation regarding obese people and their food intake. We're talking complex metabolic mechanisms here, not calorie consumption.

BULL FCKN SH.IT brah.........if that were the cause of obseity in america then the solution would just be INCREASE ACTIVITY LEVEL  

your talking about weight gain issues concerning metabolic DISORDERS like insulin sensitivity, diabetes, thyroid function, nutrient absorbtion and so forth

I am talkign the average fat american who you cannot sit there and tell me consumes 1000cal a day and weighs 260+lbs...even if you sit on your ass everyday and consume 1000cal you will not be 260 no matter who you are...even drinking a soda spiking insulin - the slin has to have something to store and that is EXCESS fat and carbs from TOO MANY CALORIES

Metabolism is the complex biochemical process by which the food you eat is converted into the energy your body needs to function. Basal metabolic rate (BMR) is the amount of calories you burn at rest. Given if that is low you may be fat or overweight but OBESE, no, you have been fat and now are fckn huge =obese.....  THEY EXCEED THAT WITH NO EXERCISE OVER A PROLONGED PERIOD = OBSEITY

HIGH COLORIC INTAKE IS THE REASON FOR FAT PEOPLE, not the gov't, not money, no one tell them to eat that gawdamn much, and it most people DEVELOPE a metabolic disorder from BECOMING too fat anyway = drain on healthcare system
number cause of death in america is directly related to how fat you are

big cop out saying starch and sugar cause insulin spike leading to obesity...maybe occasional weight gain but we are talking CLINICALLY OBESE individuals......HUGE CALORIC CONSUMPTION is the cause of OBESITY brah

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2009, 02:11:08 PM »
I saw Oprah yesterday, they had all these fat kids on, and everyone felt so sorry for them.  They showed what the fat kids ate in a day and it was unbelievable.  If you want to feel sorry for someone feel sorry for the poor kids that don't get a meal, not the ones who completely overeat.

:-X

I find it hard to feel sorry for a kid that eats 8 big mac's in one day, no to mention fries and regular sugar pop with every meal....screw that

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2009, 02:18:56 PM »

The main issue is that society and the gov are not supporting the obese person in their quest to lose weight.

Obese individuals are out on their own, no life raft in sight. The gov provides them no information on how to effectivley lose weight. 90% of obese individuals are desperately seeking a slimmer body, but their porgress is halted by discrimination in almost all areas of life, and a lack of info regarding proper nutrition. It's difficult at the best of times for the obese person, yet they have to put up with people chatting behind their backs, whispering and horrible comments.

Of course the outrageous hardships the obese person endures on a daily basis can often leave them depressed and seeking comfort.

This comfort is found in the form of food. It's an endless cycle that's not going to stop until society wakes up and learns the value of compassion for obese people

Tyr

• Getbig IV
  • Head of deliverance
« Reply #32 on: August 20, 2009, 02:28:21 PM »
The main issue is that society and the gov are not supporting the obese person in their quest to lose weight.

Obese individuals are out on their own, no life raft in sight. The gov provides them no information on how to effectivley lose weight. 90% of obese individuals are desperately seeking a slimmer body, but their porgress is halted by discrimination in almost all areas of life, and a lack of info regarding proper nutrition. It's difficult at the best of times for the obese person, yet they have to put up with people chatting behind their backs, whispering and horrible comments.

Of course the outrageous hardships the obese person endures on a daily basis can often leave them depressed and seeking comfort.

This comfort is found in the form of food. It's an endless cycle that's not going to stop until society wakes up and learns the value of compassion for obese people

I would think that society ridicule would spur them to lose fat faster. There is plenty of nutrition/training advice available on the net/ in libraries, etc. 

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #33 on: August 20, 2009, 02:29:15 PM »
how much do you weigh boost?

most obese people are just lazy.  plain and simple.

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #34 on: August 20, 2009, 02:31:38 PM »
how much do you weigh boost?

most obese people are just lazy.  plain and simple.
Boost"  HAS to be a fatty....nobody that has a good physique and who works hard on their body has sympathy for fatties. Period

Big_Tymer

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Team Huge Aryan Bastards With Muscle
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2009, 02:33:29 PM »
Boost"  HAS to be a fatty....nobody that has a good physique and who works hard on their body has sympathy for fatties. Period

exactly.  and his argument about poor people being obese is bullshit.  brown rice, sweet potatoes and chicken breasts are incredibly cheap at the grocery store.  and there is plenty of information on weightloss all over the internet.

if someone has a legit disorder such as a hypoactive thyroid or type 1 diabetes then they have my sympathy. if they dont, fuck the fatties.

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:04 PM »

are you kidding me....do I need to have compassion for someone who find comfort in gettin high so they resort to heroin everyday -- or someone who is a sexual deviant and rapes women -- or someone who is a drunk and find comfort in alchohol cause they are lost in life???

hardships my ass......if your handicapped and strole thru the mall in your wheelchair people say shit just not to your face, same with fat people....if your handicapped you use the properly equipped faclities and such but you have no control over your shattered back or leg some muslim took over in afghan.....I will not pay tax dollars for some fat to feel better about themselves when all you have to do is educate YOUR DAMN SELF on how to loose wieight...read a book, talk to jenny craig, curves, weight watchers, internet diets, forums, whatev the point is THEY WILL ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE TO NOT BE OBESE, its always there, doesnt have to be given to them, it is always present

but the handicapped guy will never have his leg back and I dont see him bitchin about someone sayin they hurt his feelings or he HAS to get HIGH to escape the perils of socirty and their evil bickering

I appreciate the fact people find obesity disgusting - it should be outed from society as a whole and you should be taxed if you wasteline/ass is over a certain size because in the long run if you dont do something about it you will die of a heart disease realted illness, or drain our med system of resources because you have some metaboic disorder YOU brough upon yourself

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2009, 02:37:34 PM »
exactly.  and his argument about poor people being obese is bullshit.  brown rice, sweet potatoes and chicken breasts are incredibly cheap at the grocery store.  and there is plenty of information on weightloss all over the internet.

if someone has a legit disorder such as a hypoactive thyroid or type 1 diabetes then they have my sympathy. if they dont, fuck the fatties.
agreed...for all teh other cases, it's purely a CHOICE :-\

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2009, 02:52:50 PM »
IN the end we've all got to embrace obesity as the norm. Fat people are on the rise and so curvy bodies should be welcomed with open arms. The association to advance fat acceptance is a step in the right direction IMO  Obese individuals are slowly learning to love themselves and be confident with their bodies. We're all different shapes and sizes, so who is to say what's deemed attractive?

It's been a long time coming, but obesity is here to stay, and society is coming to accept this fact and learning to accomodate the obese individual in all areas of life. in 10-15 years extra space on public transport and airplanes with special seating for obese individuals will be the norm.

We're starting to recognise obesity as a disability, often outside the control of the individual. I fully support the efforts of the association

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2009, 02:59:34 PM »
IN the end we've all got to embrace obesity as the norm. Fat people are on the rise and so curvy bodies should be welcomed with open arms. The association to advance fat acceptance is a step in the right direction IMO  Obese individuals are slowly learning to love themselves and be confident with their bodies. We're all different shapes and sizes, so who is to say what's deemed attractive?

It's been a long time coming, but obesity is here to stay, and society is coming to accept this fact and learning to accomodate the obese individual in all areas of life. in 10-15 years extra space on public transport and airplanes with special seating for obese individuals will be the norm.

We're starting to recognise obesity as a disability, often outside the control of the individual. I fully support the efforts of the association
:o   r u fucking around with us? Ur serious? Why won't you answer...how much u weigh?

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #40 on: August 20, 2009, 03:02:27 PM »
fat people need love too dov  :-*
175lbs by 31st July

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
fat people need love too dov  :-*
I guess ur a fatty too, huh?

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2009, 03:04:29 PM »
Fat weighs less than water.

They wouldn't need a "life raft" as they would float just fine.

jetpower

• Getbig III
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2009, 03:05:17 PM »
"They can't afford healthy proteins and good fats so are forced to comsume high carbohydrate diets of potato chips, fries and sodas. These foods are cheap and provide energy for growing children"

Raw foods are much cheaper. For example: A sack of potatoes, some broccoli with cheese. Wash it down with plain water. Good fiber, protein, carbs, and fats. Pennies a day.

Get real.  ::)

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »
I guess ur a fatty too, huh?

we can't all take t3, clen, winny and gh to win the mr getbig dov.

i'm sure 'ramrod' understands  ;D
175lbs by 31st July

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2009, 03:09:57 PM »
"Boost" is clearly fucking with us. I bet he's got a second window open and just copying/pasting paragraphs from some bullshit site like "Compassion for the Obese".....laughing teh entire time! Good one "Boost", good one! Just stirrin' teh pot, are'nt ya?

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2009, 03:12:09 PM »
we can't all take t3, clen, winny and gh to win the mr getbig dov.

i'm sure 'ramrod' understands  ;D
I'm not lazy or weak-minded. Therefore, drug free 8)

Boost

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2009, 03:12:25 PM »
:o   r u fucking around with us? Ur serious? Why won't you answer...how much u weigh?
I'm 180, far from obese but I do have a number of obese friends.

If you take a look around in the mall or any public place you can see that a future full of obesity is pretty much a definite.

When two obese adults have a baby, the chances are that the child will grow into an obese adult. The genetics for widespread global obesity are already spreading, so there's no point in trying to combat the problem.

We should look to put in place systems and allowances that enable obese people to flourish, and to be able to take part in any activity they choose. Discrimination cannot and will not apply to obese people, because every effort will be made from both the gov and local communities to make sure the obese person is comfortable and has the same opportunities that normal weight individuals enjoy.

We as individuals must make this transition as smooth as possible, and it is imperative to place the feelings of these individuals first. We may have to even give up some of our own liberties in the process....something that I am fully in support of.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2009, 03:13:11 PM »
I'm not lazy or weak-minded. Therefore, drug free 8)

hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha ha
175lbs by 31st July

dov

• Getbig IV
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2009, 03:15:52 PM »
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahaha at yourself for not defending my comment about u being a fatty....self ownage. Cleaned any sewers lately?