Author Topic: Sting without makeup  (Read 11873 times)

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
  • Dumb people think Trump is smart.
Sting without makeup
« on: August 21, 2009, 11:33:36 AM »
Saw him last night on a TNA rerun.

Good lord.  He has a GH forehead you could land a helicopter on.  And no eyebrows either.

Man, he looked bad.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
Re: Sting without makeup
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 01:06:51 PM »
Looks brutal without make up. He needs his traditional sting make up and that same "crow" gimmick he had in WCW. That was hardcore.

leonp1981

• Getbig IV
  • mmmmm....
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:29:25 PM »
Every time I've caught him on TNA recently he's just looked old as hell.

On_Swole

• Expert
  • Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 12:28:46 PM »
I saw this thread and figured I'd see what I could find. I didn't think he looked THAT bad in this video. Sure he looks older, but he is older. He's 50 now.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 02:25:03 PM »
He looks horrible. Should not be wrestling anymore.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 08:34:24 PM »
Agreed.
He ought to bid on that neurosurgeon position down at the hospital.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 11:21:57 AM »
Looks brutal without make up. He needs his traditional sting make up and that same "crow" gimmick he had in WCW. That was hardcore.

His hairline is receding very badly in the front. That crow hairstyle wouldn't work on him at his age.

The guy is lucky to be famous as a wrestler who wore face paint for every match. That makeup covers up a lot of age on his face. He probably milked an extra 5-10 years in length to his wrestling career because of wearing that face paint.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 04:58:12 AM »
His hairline is receding very badly in the front. That crow hairstyle wouldn't work on him at his age.

The guy is lucky to be famous as a wrestler who wore face paint for every match. That makeup covers up a lot of age on his face. He probably milked an extra 5-10 years in length to his wrestling career because of wearing that face paint.
In all honesty, I think he is one of those guys who should retire gracefully. He made his money and had a decent career. Believe me, he's not worried and very financially secure.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 06:19:55 AM »

True Story that I got from several wrestlers when I worked out at Main Event in Atlanta years ago.  The original "crow" look that he had was at first intended for the fake Sting of the nWo.  Hence the black and white.  He was suppose to impersonate Sting for a couple PPVs with the regular colorful make up, Sting (the real one) was going to take time off, during that time the fake Sting would morph into the black/white face paint and be built up on a level of the real one but within the nWo.  Which would not have been hard considering he already had a better body and more athletic skill.    But the real Sting threw a tandrum and wanted the crow look for himself.   So the original plan was scrapped. And we ended up with that watered down version of the fake Sting going to Japan later.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 06:50:21 AM »
True Story that I got from several wrestlers when I worked out at Main Event in Atlanta years ago.  The original "crow" look that he had was at first intended for the fake Sting of the nWo.  Hence the black and white.  He was suppose to impersonate Sting for a couple PPVs with the regular colorful make up, Sting (the real one) was going to take time off, during that time the fake Sting would morph into the black/white face paint and be built up on a level of the real one but within the nWo.  Which would not have been hard considering he already had a better body and more athletic skill.    But the real Sting threw a tandrum and wanted the crow look for himself.   So the original plan was scrapped. And we ended up with that watered down version of the fake Sting going to Japan later.
That's pretty interesting. Never knew that.

LurkerNoMore

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2009, 08:04:22 AM »
yeah, sting (the real one) was taking time off anyway and was supposed to come back with the blonde flattop and colorful makeup to represent the "spirit of wcw" and face off against the black/white colored Sting and effectively win control back for WCW by capturing the world title.  they were going to build up the fake sting to be the spirit of nwo with solid wins and a title reign leading up to him losing to the real sting.

but he wanted the crow look for himself and the entire plan was dropped.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 05:14:07 AM »
yeah, sting (the real one) was taking time off anyway and was supposed to come back with the blonde flattop and colorful makeup to represent the "spirit of wcw" and face off against the black/white colored Sting and effectively win control back for WCW by capturing the world title.  they were going to build up the fake sting to be the spirit of nwo with solid wins and a title reign leading up to him losing to the real sting.

Typical WCW and thats why WCW failed. They gave the wrestlers creative control. The bosses should be telling the wrestlers what to do. Not the other way around.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2009, 01:02:16 PM »
who was the fake sting? and whatever became of him.
F

Nizar

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 04:22:07 AM »

the crow look worked well for him. Gave him a more sinister look than the blonde  flattop

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2009, 06:49:58 AM »
the crow look worked well for him. Gave him a more sinister look than the blonde  flattop
I prefered the crow look to him. It definately refreshed his charactor.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2009, 07:20:17 AM »
It was a great idea, and I can see why he wanted it for himself.
Yes, it’s an exercise of ego & backstage power, but the character’s success certainly made it seem reasonable for Borden to use it himself rather than on a temporary gimmick to get his (former) character over.

He stayed over by assuming the Crow gimmick.

If he’d stayed the blonde bomber, he would have grown stale again (probably quickly) and soon needed something else to refresh his character.

Playboy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2009, 11:12:07 AM »
He made his money so he obviously new what he was doing.