Author Topic: Bodybuilders and CPK counts  (Read 5585 times)

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
Bodybuilders and CPK counts
« on: August 22, 2009, 06:04:12 PM »
i have a question for anyone that had the same thing happen to them! I have the blood tests done and my cpk is off the charts! after chest and tri workout it was 2500, and after back and bi workout it was 3500, i am clean and been of the stuff for months! is that normal in bodybuilders? i researched online couldnt really find anything, my doc made me freak out, and cant work out for a week and repeat the tests

Epic_Monster

• Getbig V
  • "Let me pose on this one" - REV. X
Re: Bodybuilders and CPK counts
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:35:51 PM »
CPK= Cabbage patch kids? :o
Spirit of Truth

Relentless

• Getbig IV
  • Kevin Levrone is the genetic ideal.
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:39:20 PM »
California Pizza Kitchen?

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 06:43:56 PM »
i have a question for anyone that had the same thing happen to them! I have the blood tests done and my cpk is off the charts! after chest and tri workout it was 2500, and after back and bi workout it was 3500, i am clean and been of the stuff for months! is that normal in bodybuilders? i researched online couldnt really find anything, my doc made me freak out, and cant work out for a week and repeat the tests

You need to work on your post count.....that's more important.
HAHA, RON.....

jude2

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 07:35:43 PM »
CPK measures muscle damage. You maybe overtraining.  When they see the high numbers they think it is your heart trouble.

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 05:09:10 AM »
had heart tests and xrays done, heart is ok! could low test levels do that! ? i forgot to mention i have been on and off anti biotics for the past few months! for boronchidas and other infections!

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 05:22:37 AM »
aids?
No doubt about it...

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 05:45:28 AM »
Its nothing to worry about.

Nowadays i dont even bother taking "blood tests", useless and only bring panic to you.

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 06:21:13 AM »
originally went to doc because of weird abdominal and chest aches and feeling out of it!  aches subsided but the feeling of being out of it is still there! so no work out for a week, just wondered if anyone else had that happen to them! next time i will ask to get my test levels checked, they pretty much checked everything else at ER

ChinoXL

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 11:18:47 AM »
indicative of rhabdomyolosis.  high enough levels can cause kidney failure.  i have suffered the same unexplainable blood work since 2005.  my personal research has me believing that during my 'all or nothin' days the combination of steroids and severe overtraining caused permanent muscle damage.  i have had a biopsy and it showed no muscle disease.  strange and unnerving that you mention antibiotics though......

efanhowz

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 03:23:39 PM »
i like the buffalo chicken pizza with gorgonzola ranch.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 03:29:57 PM »

It's completely normal. There are some levels in your blood which are often highly elevated at BB/sportsmen (Naturals!) like the CPK, Creatinine, GOT;....it's not the slightest problem.

Unfortunately most of the doctors have absolutely no clue about that. Get a doctor who does weight-training himself, that's often the best choice.

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 06:53:12 PM »
It's completely normal. There are some levels in your blood which are often highly elevated at BB/sportsmen (Naturals!) like the CPK, Creatinine, GOT;....it's not the slightest problem.

Unfortunately most of the doctors have absolutely no clue about that. Get a doctor who does weight-training himself, that's often the best choice.

my crazy doc made me go to ER just cause my cpk and creatinine levels were little elevated, my urine was clear, and i kept telling her that those elevations are normal, she wouldnt listen, it was a waste of time and money!

ChinoXL

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 01:58:42 PM »
my crazy doc made me go to ER just cause my cpk and creatinine levels were little elevated, my urine was clear, and i kept telling her that those elevations are normal, she wouldnt listen, it was a waste of time and money!

2500 is not 'slightly' elevated.  sorry.  sure you are in no imminent danger at that level but it is NOT normal.  do you experience random myalgia? tremors? fatigue? lethargy? muscle wasting?

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 02:02:32 PM »
Since you have some psychiatric problems too, I would diagnose you with fibromyalgia.  go the nearest quack, get a green tea colonic and you should be fine.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 02:36:06 PM »
2500 is not 'slightly' elevated.  sorry.  sure you are in no imminent danger at that level but it is NOT normal.  do you experience random myalgia? tremors? fatigue? lethargy? muscle wasting?

It's completely normal the day after a hard training session.

Bigpump9

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 04:58:06 PM »
yes a little !  a new doc said i messed up my intestinal flora with taking all those antibiotics

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »
in 20 years, when shit starts breaking on us, we shpuld be able to go to walmart and pick up a new liver, set of kidneys, etc.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 05:00:33 PM »
in 20 years, when shit starts breaking on us, we shpuld be able to go to walmart and pick up a new liver, set of kidneys, etc.

You can get yours at walmart, I'm going to go with a better quality product

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 05:08:35 PM »
You can get yours at walmart, I'm going to go with a better quality product

in my town, poor people shop at walmart.

rich people move to a better town.