Author Topic: breaking news  (Read 2676 times)

whateva

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
breaking news
« on: August 22, 2009, 08:59:48 PM »
Laura and Mike didn't make top 5 :'( :'(

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
Re: breaking news
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 09:03:41 PM »
you would think that any couple with the sheer audacity to sport matching superman tattoos, would be sure to dominate whatever medium  they see fit ::) ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:13 PM »
FL State is a really tough show.  if they beat all of their own previous showings, it's a win for them.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 09:04:19 PM »
In what show?

They might do okay in a local show in the "Master's division", but if they're chasing their pro cards they need to lay off the crack.
Ron: "I am lazy."

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 09:10:35 PM »
In what show?

They might do okay in a local show in the "Master's division", but if they're chasing their pro cards they need to lay off the crack.

you cant be serious, arvilla isnt really chasing a pro card......is he :o :o

his skin looks like leather thats been pulled off an old shoe, and he possesses the all the aesthetics of a burnt bag of dogshit.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 09:18:48 PM »

No, I think he's grounded enough to have given up on that dream at this point.  Still, he's "livin' the dream" in his mid-40's, working for some gym as a personal trainer, living in an apartment, and focusing most of his energy on "competing".   He's a nice guy, but his priorities seem a bit off.

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 09:23:09 PM »

No, I think he's grounded enough to have given up on that dream at this point.  Still, he's "livin' the dream" in his mid-40's, working for some gym as a personal trainer, living in an apartment, and focusing most of his energy on "competing".   He's a nice guy, but his priorities seem a bit off.

Stella keeps encouraging them.  I wonder why she does not try to live the dream herself.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 09:24:15 PM »
In other news, the United States of America is once again changing its $20 bill...Its rumored that Andrew Jackson has lost his spot and will be replaced by the incredible Hulk...Representives of the treasury say "its a move that we believe will kick start the economy...Kids have no clue who Andrew Jackson was, but they no damn well who the Incredible Hulk is"...

Representatives for the Hulk could not be reached for comment...But the wife of the man who played the silly green man in the 70's called us with a statement saying "its about fucking time he's a fucking icon god damnit"

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 09:26:44 PM »
Stella keeps encouraging them.  I wonder why she does not try to live the dream herself.

Some people are incapable of spotting passive aggressiveness :-\

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 09:28:53 PM »
I think maybe some people have the need to "compete" in order to justify exercising and staying in shape. 

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 09:31:36 PM »
Some people are incapable of spotting passive aggressiveness :-\

Stella is passive aggressive?  She was probably the kind of girl who cheered guys on as they did stupid/risky stuff, but I don't think that is because of aggressive tendencies

leaky_frog

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 11:00:37 PM »
In other news, the United States of America is once again changing its $20 bill...Its rumored that Andrew Jackson has lost his spot and will be replaced by the incredible Hulk...Representives of the treasury say "its a move that we believe will kick start the economy...Kids have no clue who Andrew Jackson was, but they no damn well who the Incredible Hulk is"...

Representatives for the Hulk could not be reached for comment...But the wife of the man who played the silly green man in the 70's called us with a statement saying "its about fucking time he's a fucking icon god damnit"

Nice. ;D

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 11:03:22 PM »
Sounds like it's time for Mike and Laura to get aboard the ole Hot Stuff/Cybergenics train....ensure some wins.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 11:03:57 PM »

his skin looks like leather thats been pulled off an old shoe, and he possesses the all the aesthetics of a burnt bag of dogshit.
What causes that lose skin look on mikes tummy? is it just age or cos he spent many years in permabulked mode that the constant stretching has caused that damage?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 11:04:22 PM »

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2009, 11:10:24 PM »
What causes that lose skin look on mikes tummy? is it just age or cos he spent many years in permabulked mode that the constant stretching has caused that damage?

its just genetics in my opinion, maybe he was fat as a kid, and some of the loose skin never really went away.........or perhaps he started loosing skin elasticity earlier in life then others.............its weird, that leathery hanging skin on his stomach looks like whne you see guys doing shows in their late 60s or 70s, isnt he only in his 40s?? :o :o

but i have no frame of reference because i have never seen a pic from when he was younger.............he has some of of the shittiest bb genetics of anyone ever born on the planet earth though.....that much is for sure......hell of a sport he chose.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2009, 11:12:37 PM »
They are both in better shape than ever, which they've said time and again is the main goal. And they're both in far better shape than most of us.

Tough luck on that contest if it's true, but there's always next time.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2009, 11:24:14 PM »
its just genetics in my opinion, maybe he was fat as a kid, and some of the loose skin never really went away.........or perhaps he started loosing skin elasticity earlier in life then others.............its weird, that leathery hanging skin on his stomach looks like whne you see guys doing shows in their late 60s or 70s, isnt he only in his 40s?? :o :o

but i have no frame of reference because i have never seen a pic from when he was younger.............he has some of of the shittiest bb genetics of anyone ever born on the planet earth though.....that much is for sure......hell of a sport he chose.
I beleive from reading here and seeing pics mike posting over the years he did spend along time Permabulked(fat) in the late 80s through 90s.

He doesnt have great genetics for bodybuilding competition but is improving with each outing and I think thats all he wants out of the "sport" .

Got to give him credit bro , he is improving with each outting and I think thats the best his legs have ever looked as they were a weak point.We cant knock him for his effort he is giving it a go . I like old mike he is a good guy  :)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:52:39 PM »
Laura and Mike didn't make top 5 :'( :'(
I hate that them seem like very nice people, BB is a tough sport I got my ass burned a few times as well.

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2009, 12:00:17 AM »
I hate that them seem like very nice people, BB is a tough sport I got my ass burned a few times as well.
In the Mr GB achmad?  :D

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 12:02:25 AM »
In the Mr GB achmad?  :D
Na in BB contests won a few here and there as well a tough sport.

MichaelScottDM

• Getbig III
  • I did save a life today! My own!
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 12:51:21 AM »
No way should anyone on here rag on them. It takes balls to get onstage and compete. I hope they did well. Mad respect for actually getting up there.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2009, 03:49:08 AM »
Mike and Laura look great...............top shape at anytime is a personal victory.............espe cially as a person gets older.

Mike has made a helluva` transformation since I met him online back in the day on Shawn Rays old forum.

Big props to both of them for doing their thing and following through!!

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2009, 04:20:33 AM »
i agree, they presented themselves openly and honestly knowing the peanut gallery would abuse them relentlessly for the choices they've made.  i thank them both and congratulate them on seeing it through. it would have made a respectful reality tv show.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2009, 06:57:42 AM »
i agree, they presented themselves openly and honestly knowing the peanut gallery would abuse them relentlessly for the choices they've made.  i thank them both and congratulate them on seeing it through. it would have made a respectful reality tv show.

Yep agree, going through with it takes a lot of courage and commitment.  It is a competition against yourself in essence.  Mike and LL put themselves out there, not many here are brave enough to do that, hell most will not even post a pic not showing thier face.  I give them props!!  Hope to hear from them about the show.  Mike looked like a shoe in to do well in Masters, of course open can sometimes be harder.  How is the OP sure they did not place?