Author Topic: Best Noise Cancelling Headphones???  (Read 923 times)

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones???
« on: August 23, 2009, 05:28:26 AM »
i bought the Creative X-fi Aurvana, and what a dissappointment. is Bose QC3 the best one out there? anyone have those? do they bleed out noise?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Best Noise Cancelling Headphones???
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 05:29:47 AM »
I bought one of those....couldn't hear the music ;D

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 05:31:03 AM »
there real expensive ey?

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 05:39:24 AM »
there real expensive ey?
i got the Creative for $300, and the Bose one is $400... But when you travel 125K-200K miles a year, its really worth it

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 03:21:28 PM »
???
? im guessing you didnt understand the "bleeding out noise"... basicallyt if you have those earphones on, and are listening at 75%max volume, everyone around you or in your office can hear the music. so it defeats the whol epurpose of headphones

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 03:23:58 PM »
to this day and for all time, i think shure makes the best microphones / headphones.
Deep Tissue Massage

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
to this day and for all time, i think shure makes the best microphones / headphones.
no offence but i want a tried and tested specific model of earphones, not just some company name.there are specifics things you'd notice only if you have used them for a bit for example :battery life, does it fit good, any shakes or vibration,does it leak noise, does it get too heavy on long flights etc...

so do you have a specific model #?

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 04:00:05 PM »
OMG, Did one of you actually mention Creative ? (as in Creative Labs? makers of Sound Blaster?) - Garbage, Bose - over priced garbage... you want realy professional grade cans, go with Sennheiser or Grado!

also if you're going to get good high end ones like I just mentioned, get a headphone amp as well.

SaltShaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 04:09:59 PM »
OMG, Did one of you actually mention Creative ? (as in Creative Labs? makers of Sound Blaster?) - Garbage, Bose - over priced garbage... you want realy professional grade cans, go with Sennheiser or Grado!

also if you're going to get good high end ones like I just mentioned, get a headphone amp as well.

the thing is, i bought it at th eairport at the Inmotion Store... its after the 30days so i cant return it, i might be able to exchange it with something else in the store, and if i remmeber they have Bose QC3,Sony,JVC, Creative but not the ones you mentioned

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
carpe` vaginum!

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 04:15:46 PM »
the thing is, i bought it at th eairport at the Inmotion Store... its after the 30days so i cant return it, i might be able to exchange it with something else in the store, and if i remmeber they have Bose QC3,Sony,JVC, Creative but not the ones you mentioned

If that's all you're restricted too, go with either the Sony's - MDR-NC60 or with the Bose QC2 which are ten times better then the crappy and smaller QC3. Personally though if you're spending over $200 I would just go with the logical professional choice: Sennheiser or Grado

http://www.gradolabs.com/frameset_main.htm

http://www.sennheiserusa.com/home