Author Topic: Luv2Hurt  (Read 4952 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Luv2Hurt
« on: August 23, 2009, 10:20:36 AM »
Happy Birthday!

R

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Luv2Hurt
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 11:34:00 AM »
 ;D  LOL Thanks STella another year bites the dust.  That looks just like my dog Cody LOL Thanks!!  :-*

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:00:00 PM »
happy belated!!!!

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 01:04:14 AM »
THAT'S COOL! :)
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 05:04:32 AM »
AWWWWW  I missed it!   :-[

Happy Belated Birthday LUV BABY!!!   :-*

Thankfully we have stella here to remember birthdays AND to find the perfect cakes!! 

How are things going Luv?  :)
:)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 05:25:15 AM »
AWWWWW  I missed it!   :-[

Happy Belated Birthday LUV BABY!!!   :-*

Thankfully we have stella here to remember birthdays AND to find the perfect cakes!! 

How are things going Luv?  :)

Thanks guys!!  :)

Hey Rip Baby and yes Stella is awesome!

Things are going really well, finally have my shit together and am 2 weeks into contest prep.  Wanted to origianally comp in early September but personal issues had me needing to push it back so I could do it right.  Plus to be honest I wanted to enjoy the summer grilling and partying season a bit.  Nothing much better than hanging out, having a few drinks, some primo herb  ;D, lots of barbecue food and enjoying the great weather which is always too short lived here.

So Iam gonna bring it into the city of Chicago for the Midwest Ironman on November 7th!  Will be doing Masters and mens open Lt Heavy.  Have not stepped on the scale in a while but the belt is about where it should be right now and things are getting better already.  Guessing over the next 101/2 weeks I have about 20-25 lbs to loose.  Will step on the scale next week LOL dont wanna scare myself now.   :-*

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 05:07:54 AM »
Thanks guys!!  :)

Hey Rip Baby and yes Stella is awesome!

Things are going really well, finally have my shit together and am 2 weeks into contest prep.  Wanted to origianally comp in early September but personal issues had me needing to push it back so I could do it right.  Plus to be honest I wanted to enjoy the summer grilling and partying season a bit.  Nothing much better than hanging out, having a few drinks, some primo herb  ;D, lots of barbecue food and enjoying the great weather which is always too short lived here.

So Iam gonna bring it into the city of Chicago for the Midwest Ironman on November 7th!  Will be doing Masters and mens open Lt Heavy.  Have not stepped on the scale in a while but the belt is about where it should be right now and things are getting better already.  Guessing over the next 101/2 weeks I have about 20-25 lbs to loose.  Will step on the scale next week LOL dont wanna scare myself now.   :-*

Sounds like you have been enjoying life Luv Baby... good for you!!! 

I'm excited to see how your prep shapes up... keep us posted.  I think I am about 2 weeks behind you ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2009, 05:30:31 AM »

Sounds like you have been enjoying life Luv Baby... good for you!!! 

I'm excited to see how your prep shapes up... keep us posted.  I think I am about 2 weeks behind you ;)

Rip what will you be entering, is that the Nats time of year? Can't wait to hear about your prep!  Will admitt reading you are getting ready has helped to motivate me, thanks sweetie  :-*

And yes did enjoy the summer, trying not to think it's over yet  :(  Minor set back yesterday though, my work had a company outing to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs game.  Pretty cool they rented out a Roof top, which are buildings right across the street from the park with a view in, they are awesome set ups like big private boxes with tons of food and open bars of course.  I held back of course just one cheese burger and 2 social drinks.  Really didnt want to do it so much but you gotta schmooze and be part of the team  ::)  Any how it was pretty cool.

So this morning its off to the squat rack Baby!  Will probably be my last squat work out till the show.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2009, 06:24:45 PM »
Rip what will you be entering, is that the Nats time of year? Can't wait to hear about your prep!  Will admitt reading you are getting ready has helped to motivate me, thanks sweetie  :-*

And yes did enjoy the summer, trying not to think it's over yet  :(  Minor set back yesterday though, my work had a company outing to Wrigley Field to see the Cubs game.  Pretty cool they rented out a Roof top, which are buildings right across the street from the park with a view in, they are awesome set ups like big private boxes with tons of food and open bars of course.  I held back of course just one cheese burger and 2 social drinks.  Really didnt want to do it so much but you gotta schmooze and be part of the team  ::)  Any how it was pretty cool.

So this morning its off to the squat rack Baby!  Will probably be my last squat work out till the show.

The Cubs game sounds awesome!!  Enjoy it while you can Luv baby... time to buckle down soon, eh?  Yes, Nationals is right around that time... 12 weeks or so.  The girl who placed second in the LWs last year at Nats just won her Pro Card at the North Americans, so the LW field has opened up quite a bit... ;)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2009, 07:13:41 PM »

The Cubs game sounds awesome!!  Enjoy it while you can Luv baby... time to buckle down soon, eh?  Yes, Nationals is right around that time... 12 weeks or so.  The girl who placed second in the LWs last year at Nats just won her Pro Card at the North Americans, so the LW field has opened up quite a bit... ;)

Awesome Rip Baby how has the training went this summer?

Yeah it was cool first time I did the roof top thing and man would not wanna do it any other way now!  Really easy in and out and no fighting the big crowd in the park.

Yes have buckled down, steak and veggies tonight. Lots of crystal lite too.  Am very pissed though about my work out today.  last week was leg pressing and on my last heavy set i felt a slight strain in my LT hip, upper quad area, so I stopped the set short and finished up a light few sets of hack squats felt no pain and post work out was fine.  Well today I pretty much forgot about that cause no pain and felt good.  Did some one leg extensions to warm up and started squatting.  135, 185. 225, 315 i felt a very slight strain there again!!  So I stopped and did not feel any pain but was worried.  Should have stopped then.  So i dropped down to 135 again to see how it felt and it was OK so I did 225 and could feel a bit of instability but nothing too bad.  Then I figured try 275 see how that feels.  Was really staying strict and concentrating keeping everything in line and on rep 12 I felt a major painful pull/strain, lucky I did not have to dump the bar I barely made it up.  I knew I injured myself as I felt my body rush with adrenaline and cortisone, kind of that mild shock feeling. 

This has happened to me two times before been a while though and it took well over a month to get back up even close to 100% I should have known better and stayed at 225 today for the whole thing no more this week and next week I could have added a bit more slowly building back up a week at a time.  When will I learn?  Went home iced the leg took some Motrin.  Hurts right now and stairs are hard to climb.  Will rest it and see how it progresses hope it does not hinder me too much.  Lucky my legs are my strong point cause I need to do this show for me.  man so sucks getting older, you become so much more injury prone.  This body has to hold together, will admit it stresses me out to think about the aging thing.  I would give anything for 10 years back LOL.

Me and Little D spoke about it and she has had the same thing too, feels it the gluteus medius that is getting pulled/strained.  Mine feels like that and maybe the upper part of my rectus femoris also.  Very unusual to pull/tear your quad at the top though, mostly they tear near the knee.  This is just another challenge to face.  Not really happy about it though.

BTW Little D did the masters nationals and did very well for her first outing she got 3rd and a second i believe we plan to start training legs this winter together so hopefully we will have some fun and get some cool pics up.  She wants to bring her legs up and knows Luv can help her  :)  Hell it will help me too, that girl is serious!!

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2009, 05:02:21 AM »
Awwwwww  LUV  :-[

NO worries, just rest it and get it better ASAP.  Your legs are definitely a strength for you when it comes to BB, and you are not at the point where you are trying to grow them or get stronger.  You need to recover and use those legs for cardio.  For the rest of your prep, I hope you plan on going VERY light and just working reps to get a pump/burn.  That's all you need.  And you can find leg exercises and machines to do that won't asggravate your injury.  All hope is not lost!!  Get better soon LUV BABY  :-*

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2009, 05:53:25 PM »
Awwwwww  LUV  :-[

NO worries, just rest it and get it better ASAP.  Your legs are definitely a strength for you when it comes to BB, and you are not at the point where you are trying to grow them or get stronger.  You need to recover and use those legs for cardio.  For the rest of your prep, I hope you plan on going VERY light and just working reps to get a pump/burn.  That's all you need.  And you can find leg exercises and machines to do that won't asggravate your injury.  All hope is not lost!!  Get better soon LUV BABY  :-*

Thanks Rip baby!  Today leg still sore but feeling a bit better.  I agree with what you said and that is pretty much the plan.  Did the elliptical today 35min, no real pain and walking and stairs are getting easier.  a couple weeks i should be able to start some light leg stuff again.  Thig is Im a freak on legs and don't feel right if I don't get some hard heavy sets in on a big compound movement LOL.  I just have noticed when i stop squatting I give up a little leg size.  Plus i attribute squats to my hamstring development.  No more squats till after the show but I want to be able to lunge and maybe lighter leg presses.  but you are right I need not stress over it cause Your right i don't need bigger legs.  But i wanna keep what i have thats for sure.  Thanks again your thoughts on this are very helpfull  :-* and appreciated.

ripitupbaby

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2009, 05:01:36 AM »
Thanks Rip baby!  Today leg still sore but feeling a bit better.  I agree with what you said and that is pretty much the plan.  Did the elliptical today 35min, no real pain and walking and stairs are getting easier.  a couple weeks i should be able to start some light leg stuff again.  Thig is Im a freak on legs and don't feel right if I don't get some hard heavy sets in on a big compound movement LOL.  I just have noticed when i stop squatting I give up a little leg size.  Plus i attribute squats to my hamstring development.  No more squats till after the show but I want to be able to lunge and maybe lighter leg presses.  but you are right I need not stress over it cause Your right i don't need bigger legs.  But i wanna keep what i have thats for sure.  Thanks again your thoughts on this are very helpfull  :-* and appreciated.

You can do it Luv, you'll be fine.  You just need to get past the initial injury and modify things a little.  I betcha you'll come in looking better than ever.  Keep us posted!! :)