Author Topic: Is the weather changing where you are?  (Read 2272 times)

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
Is the weather changing where you are?
« on: August 23, 2009, 12:11:35 PM »
  Stockholm(friggin SWEDEN) hasn't had any substantial amount of snow for years.  Chicago, my second home, I think only had one day over 90 while I was there this summer-where 90-100 was the norm when I was a kid.  Is this happening where you are?  I'm thinkin about moving back to LA, how's it doin?

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
Re: Is the weather changing where you are?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
something about drought that always scares me, seeing grass scorched and brown, and lake beds drying up...........scary, like the earth is dying or something........but then again where there was once deserts, there is now ocean, where there was once ocean, threre is now deserts............river s form, rivers dry up, so goes the cyclical cadence of nature.......global climate is constantly in a state of flux, nothing says that the temperatures wh have had in the past 50 years, are the optimal temps for our planet........

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2009, 12:24:51 PM »
Wettest winter in over a decade in Perth.

Alex23

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2009, 12:28:41 PM »
I saw a bunch of clouds yesterday. Something that would never happen in San Diego this time of the year.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 12:29:27 PM »
Global warming is a farce.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2009, 12:32:28 PM »
Global warming is a farce.

The argument is whether or not global climate change is caused by people...not whether or not it's happening-that's an observable, measurable fact. 

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 01:07:37 PM »
Here, 6.5 million acres of northern forest dead:  http://news.aol.com/article/beetles-wildfire-threaten-northern/635359?icid=main|aimzones|dl1|link2|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fbeetles-wildfire-threaten-northern%2F635359

yeah, i saw that, its a shame...............that s propaganda too as well.............forrest fires and beatles have been around from the beginning off time though........they just make it sound worse then it is.

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 01:17:47 PM »
They've definitely been around forever, but it's in times of weather change that they are able to proliferate where they haven't been before and where the environment is not prepared to handle it-whereas where these beetles come from, I'm sure there is some other kind of animal that eats them or something that prevents them from this kind of 'forest genocide.'  It's the same 'the weather is always in flux' argument.  Well yes, it is, but it's also exhibiting symptoms that indicate a very unusual kind of flux right now-as if there were a terrible natural disaster(like in the past when eruptions or meteorites changes the weather for decades)...though none has occurred

jon cole

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 01:20:09 PM »
no change in the north of France, still a cloudy and sad land; rain, fog etc etc.

global warming is a farce, like the communist invasion back in 50's.
it's an instrument of terror, and a good argument to tax people.
asstropin

Rinc

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »
Brutal heat in the SE. Can't wait for October.
Mr. O 09' Jay Cutler

spinnis

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
  Stockholm(friggin SWEDEN) hasn't had any substantial amount of snow for years.  Chicago, my second home, I think only had one day over 90 while I was there this summer-where 90-100 was the norm when I was a kid.  Is this happening where you are?  I'm thinkin about moving back to LA, how's it doin?

come up to västerbotten and I focking show you snow lol

alejandro_torres

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 03:27:55 PM »
it actually got cold during winter in my third world country... :( does that count?

meaning we had some days at 0 degrees!!!! thats fucking cooooooooold for us when normally we are at 30 degrees and in summer we are at 45 degrees with a shitload of humidity! it actually got to 49 a few years ago! I hope summer is real hot again this year! 8) 8) 8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2009, 03:35:31 PM »
As usual the concensus is that no one knows, all theories are just suspect.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2009, 03:39:23 PM »
short interesting video....

Republicans dont bother watching....u wont believe or understand it anyhooo  ;D

carpe` vaginum!