Author Topic: POLL: New Low for Obama Approval Index...  (Read 3062 times)

James

POLL: New Low for Obama Approval Index...
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:13:43 AM »

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
Re: POLL: New Low for Obama Approval Index...
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 06:22:23 AM »
Notice how the dissaproval number trends up and the approval trends domn. 

This is exactly what happens when you have an arrogant, inexperienced, hard left dreamer running anything. 

I said in November 2008, and anyone can check my posts, "Obama will be a failure if he lets Pelosi run his presidency"

Anyone with any sense whatsoever would not push Health Care & Cap & Tax while the economy still is horrible and UE is still rising. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 06:42:14 AM »
from the same day: Gallup 8/20 - 8/22 1547 Approve: 54% dissaprove: 38%

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 06:44:16 AM »

Rasmussen had the closest poll results of 2008 election cycle. 

Either way, Obama still has lost of popularity and confidence because of his priorities. 

Health care is important, yes.  But the economy needs to come first since without a good economy no health care plan can or will be paid for. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:13:58 AM »
He's pushing hard left priorities, it is absolutely not surprising his poll #s are going down.  Most people in America believe he is not the centrist that brings everyone together that he campaigned as.  I've heard tons of people saying that he is pushing things too fast without enough real debate and discussion.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:41:40 AM »
Rasmussen had the closest poll results of 2008 election cycle. 

Either way, Obama still has lost of popularity and confidence because of his priorities. 

Health care is important, yes.  But the economy needs to come first since without a good economy no health care plan can or will be paid for. 
source please. ::) ::) ::) ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:52:13 AM »
He's pushing hard left priorities, it is absolutely not surprising his poll #s are going down.  Most people in America believe he is not the centrist that brings everyone together that he campaigned as.  I've heard tons of people saying that he is pushing things too fast without enough real debate and discussion.
The right was already in disapproval,  he already lost most independents.  His numbers are dropping now because of his dropping of the ball on progressive promises.  He's done nothing but bait an switch and doublespeak the hard left so I have no idea where your getting this.  Not from the hard left obviously since they're pretty pissed at Obama. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 07:54:46 AM »
Gallup is the one that's been used for 30 or 40 years.

Rasmussen is the one FOX uses all day.

I'm sorry guys, but gallup is more reliable here.  They have reagan, bush, clinton, and bush2 at this same period... and only clinton was lower.  Obama, reagen and both bushes were over 50%.

I tend to believe the poll that has been around forever and had no problem admitting clinton was in the shitter in 93.  Cause if there was any political bias involved, they'd have obama in the shitter too.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:24 AM »
The right was already in disapproval,  he already lost most independents.  His numbers are dropping now because of his dropping of the ball on progressive promises.  He's done nothing but bait an switch and doublespeak the hard left so I have no idea where your getting this.  Not from the hard left obviously since they're pretty pissed at Obama. 

Hugo, its simple - he used and abused you guys.  He won your hearts, money, and volunteerism, and tossed it in the trash in favor of the Goldman Sachs gang.  

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 08:07:41 AM »
Hugo, its simple - he used and abused you guys.  He won your hearts, money, and volunteerism, and tossed it in the trash in favor of the Goldman Sachs gang.  
where did you get your info on rassmussen?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 08:12:41 AM »
where did you get your info on rassmussen?

Poll Accuracy in the 2008 Presidential Election

—Initial Report, November 5, 2008—

Costas Panagopoulos, Ph.D.

Department of Political Science

Fordham University

For inquiries: cpanagopoulo@fordham.edu or (917) 405-9069

For all the derision directed toward pre-election polling, the final poll estimates were not far off from the actual nationwide voteshares for the two candidates. On average, preelection polls from 23 public polling organizations projected a Democratic advantage of
7.52 percentage points on Election Day, which is only about 1.37 percentage points away from the current estimate of a 6.15-point Obama margin in the national popular vote.

Following the procedures proposed by Martin, Traugott and Kennedy (see Public Opinion Quarterly, Fall 2006, pp. 342-369) to assess poll accuracy, I analyze poll estimates from these 23 polling organizations. Four of these polls appear to have overestimated McCain
support (indicated with a * below), while most polls (17) overestimated Obama strength. Pre-election projections for two organizations’ final polls—Rasmussen and Pew—were perfectly in agreement with the actual election result (**). The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection polls (as reported on pollster.com).

1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 09:41:50 AM »
Poll Accuracy in the 2008 Presidential Election

—Initial Report, November 5, 2008—

Costas Panagopoulos, Ph.D.

Department of Political Science

Fordham University

For inquiries: cpanagopoulo@fordham.edu or (917) 405-9069

For all the derision directed toward pre-election polling, the final poll estimates were not far off from the actual nationwide voteshares for the two candidates. On average, preelection polls from 23 public polling organizations projected a Democratic advantage of
7.52 percentage points on Election Day, which is only about 1.37 percentage points away from the current estimate of a 6.15-point Obama margin in the national popular vote.

Following the procedures proposed by Martin, Traugott and Kennedy (see Public Opinion Quarterly, Fall 2006, pp. 342-369) to assess poll accuracy, I analyze poll estimates from these 23 polling organizations. Four of these polls appear to have overestimated McCain
support (indicated with a * below), while most polls (17) overestimated Obama strength. Pre-election projections for two organizations’ final polls—Rasmussen and Pew—were perfectly in agreement with the actual election result (**). The following list ranks the 23 organizations by the accuracy of their final, national preelection polls (as reported on pollster.com).

1. Rasmussen (11/1-3)**
1. Pew (10/29-11/1)**
2. YouGov/Polimetrix (10/18-11/1)
3. Harris Interactive (10/20-27)
4. GWU (Lake/Tarrance) (11/2-3)*
5. Diageo/Hotline (10/31-11/2)*
5. ARG (10/25-27)*
6. CNN (10/30-11/1)
6. Ipsos/McClatchy (10/30-11/1)
7. DailyKos.com (D)/Research 2000 (11/1-3)
8. AP/Yahoo/KN (10/17-27)
9. Democracy Corps (D) (10/30-11/2)
10. FOX (11/1-2)
11. Economist/YouGov (10/25-27)
12. IBD/TIPP (11/1-3)
13. NBC/WSJ (11/1-2)
14. ABC/Post (10/30-11/2)
15. Marist College (11/3)
16. CBS (10/31-11/2)
17. Gallup (10/31-11/2)
18. Reuters/ C-SPAN/ Zogby (10/31-11/3)
19. CBS/Times (10/25-29)
20. Newsweek (10/22-23)
this is on their pre-election day polling in the final days.  You said they were the most accurate for the 2008 election cycle.  Now if you can show that, I'll be impressed.  Self Interest; The viability of their company is much more at stake in the final days, incentive to get the final results as close as possible is much bigger than getting the day to day right.  That's where I've most questioned their motivation which so often favors the right and not uncommonly, way off the mark of poll averages. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 01:18:49 PM »
He looses more independents by the month, thats part of the declining #s the last few months.  I agree that he has lost nearly all republicans by now.
Correct, he is pissing off some of the progressives now because he is throwing some things out as a compromise because there has been so much backlash.  That is also part of the declining #s we have seen in the last couple weeks.

If you don't think Obama is a hard leftist, then your wrong.  No president has increased the amount of government spending and government influence in this short of time.  The only reason he is considering taking out the public option for healthcare is because the bluedogs have enough votes in the house to potentially stop the healthcare bill.  He's in a tough position with healthcare.  The progressives really want a single payer plan and most will only accept a compromise at a public option.

It's Obama's own fault he is angering so many people.  You cannot promise all the things he promised during the election. 

James

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 01:42:00 PM »
He looses more independents by the month, thats part of the declining #s the last few months.  I agree that he has lost nearly all republicans by now.
Correct, he is pissing off some of the progressives now because he is throwing some things out as a compromise because there has been so much backlash.  That is also part of the declining #s we have seen in the last couple weeks.

If you don't think Obama is a hard leftist, then your wrong.  No president has increased the amount of government spending and government influence in this short of time.  The only reason he is considering taking out the public option for healthcare is because the bluedogs have enough votes in the house to potentially stop the healthcare bill.  He's in a tough position with healthcare.  The progressives really want a single payer plan and most will only accept a compromise at a public option.

It's Obama's own fault he is angering so many people.  You cannot promise all the things he promised during the election. 

Good post

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 07:52:57 PM »

It doesnt matter. He has also had a steady decline in Gallup also if I remember correctly. Just not as steep or as fast as in Rasmussen.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:16 PM »
It doesnt matter. He has also had a steady decline in Gallup also if I remember correctly. Just not as steep or as fast as in Rasmussen.

clinton was 10 or 15 points lower at this point, and still easily won re-election in 96.

repubs are patting themselves on the back for a 2012 win already.
repubs are declaring the stimulus dead.

in the meantime, they have Miss Palin their most visible candidate and the DOW nearing 10k.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:34 PM »
clinton was 10 or 15 points lower at this point, and still easily won re-election in 96.

repubs are patting themselves on the back for a 2012 win already.
repubs are declaring the stimulus dead.

in the meantime, they have Miss Palin their most visible candidate and the DOW nearing 10k.

Clinton was a plurality President and was never the Democrats' favored candidate. He was not the superstar that Obama is today. After the Republicans took both houses of Congress for the first time in 40 years back in November of 1994, Clinton turned it around by hiring Dick Morris as his adviser. Morris talked Clinton into triangulating the Republicans and moving to the center. To his credit, Clinton agreed. The best and worst thing about Bill Clinton was that he had no center. Barack Obama is not like that at all. He is obsessively committed to his ideology and will follow it to his demise.

For all of Clinton's faults, I dont remember him publicly insulting doctors and police officers, and I dont even remember him publicly attacking general businesses and industries. People actually work in these companies and industies to make a living. And that is where they get thier money to buy thier houses and feed thier children.

In 1996 the Republicans ran a bad candidate. Whatever the faults of Mitt Romney, he is likely to be a lot better than Dole.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
Clinton was a plurality President and was never the Democrats' favored candidate. He was not the superstar that Obama is today. After the Republicans took both houses of Congress for the first time in 40 years back in November of 1994, Clinton turned it around by hiring Dick Morris as his adviser. Morris talked Clinton into triangulating the Republicans and moving to the center. To his credit, Clinton agreed. The best and worst thing about Bill Clinton was that he had no center. Barack Obama is not like that at all. He is obsessively committed to his ideology and will follow it to his demise.

For all of Clinton's faults, I dont remember him publicly insulting doctors and police officers, and I dont even remember him publicly attacking general businesses and industries. People actually work in these companies and industies to make a living. And that is where they get thier money to buy thier houses and feed thier children.

In 1996 the Republicans ran a bad candidate. Whatever the faults of Mitt Romney, he is likely to be a lot better than Dole.

Palin wants to be the 2012 nominee, and I think we should let her.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2009, 05:21:23 AM »

great post.  100% accurate. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2009, 11:11:01 AM »
Excellent post MM2K.

If Obama is at 50-55% approval rating now, (240) you think Clinton was as low as 40%?  You may be right, but I don't remember him being that low.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: August 25, 2009, 12:27:12 PM »

Yeah.  I agree with this. 

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:37 PM »
240, you can't be happy with what's happening in this country right now.  I know you are probably more of a liberal than you admit but don't you at least want someone who is going to control the power and spending of the federal government?

Dude, come on, Palin is not the right choice...unless you want 4 more years of Pelosi and Obama.