Author Topic: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.  (Read 9079 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2009, 11:11:49 PM »
LOL yes yes bad bad me  :-[ ::) im putting you in an aweful predicament arent i? ???

I have actually no income at the moment as Ive said Im unemployed but I do have money as I saved instead of going out and putting 20's etc. on my truck like alot of those idiots with no health care you want to finance. You would basically be financing their idiotic lifestyle and lack of control to live within their means...

yep you and 40 million other people (and growing) who can't afford insurance

will you finally stop pretending you're exercising some choice

you can't afford it which is why you don't have it

I'm sorry you're in that situation

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2009, 11:23:53 PM »
yep you and 40 million other people (and growing) who can't afford insurance

will you finally stop pretending you're exercising some choice

you can't afford it which is why you don't have it

I'm sorry you're in that situation
how much do you pay for your insurance?

I tried to research a single coverage for one year and the premiums vary with different factors but it seems to be around $2000.00 a year in premiums as stated in this link
http://ohmygov.com/blogs/general_news/archive/2008/10/16/for-the-record-just-what-is-the-average-cost-of-health-care-insurance.aspx
that is a summary of this report
http://www.ahipresearch.org/pdfs/Individual_Market_Survey_December_2007.pdf

Now again I will spend over that in books alone for my year of college so dont tell me I cant afford it brain child its not worth it when I can simply find a job that will pay for it.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2009, 11:32:10 PM »
LOL yes yes bad bad me  :-[ ::) im putting you in an aweful predicament arent i? ???

I have actually no income at the moment as Ive said Im unemployed but I do have money as I saved instead of going out and putting 20's etc. on my truck like alot of those idiots with no health care you want to finance. You would basically be financing their idiotic lifestyle and lack of control to live within their means...

You're hilarious! Today, the fat ass welfare queens (gov programs) and the very rich (expensive insurance) are taken care of.

The people you want to punish are the poor slobs who work their asses off for meagre pay. Like the independent trucker who can't afford $600 a month for insurance, so when his wife gets cancer, basically there goes their tiny house, his rig, and everything else.

Or the admin assist who pays her premiums for 25 years, then is laid off. Her unemp benies give her $100 a month over the limit to get healthcare assistance. The stress gives her cancer and a heart attack, and $75,000 later, her house and savings are gone. She's worked and paid for 25 years, but too bad. Out on the street she goes. All to line the pockets of insurance execs.

The whole point behind the public option is so, like single payer countries, everyone is FORCED to pay for their OWN healthcare. That takes care of idiots who would rather go into their 40s and 50s, taking chances and spending their money on hookers and trucks. In single payer countries, as soon as you work, even if it's a small employer, you have to contribute to your own health. Part of it often comes from the VAT, so even fatass welfare queens contribute every time they purchase cigs or beer, or a plasma screen teevee.

You on the other hand, live off the taxpayer's dime in case of disease or accident, whether there's a public option or not. Part of the huge problem also is that uninsured working slob people wait till that boil on their ass (a $100 doctor's visit) turns into a $25,000 emerg bill when the boil turns into festering flesh eating disease.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: August 24, 2009, 11:43:02 PM »
according to obama we can bring down the cost of health care without a public option b/c the 2 arent mutually exclusive so why dont we start there?

Why is the truckers wife not working?

why didnt the exec assist not save for the 25 yrs she had been working?

again there are plenty of viable options out there for ppl without health insurance, institute the legislation that was supposedly going to cut the health care costs and more ppl will get on.

Ive said it before its a worthy cause but not one worthy enough for me to have my taxes raised over. Institute the legislation that supposedly will help pay for it and then we might be able to talk.

Youve already seen that obama isnt very good with numbers he was what 2 trillion off on his estimate of the projected national debt? LOL and you want us to take this guys word for it?

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: August 24, 2009, 11:55:57 PM »
according to obama we can bring down the cost of health care without a public option b/c the 2 arent mutually exclusive so why dont we start there?

Do you live on planet Mars? Do you know how many working couples pull in maybe $24,000 between them? What do you think WalMart pays? Add in two kids and you're fucked as far as getting affordable insurance. Do you know what an admin assist makes? Maybe she should never purchase a house or go on vacation because even though she pays hefty insurance premiums, should she get laid off or get sick and fired, she may end up with $100,000 in medical bills.

It's fairly obvious that you've never been out in the working world. You're as naive as a baby.

I'm not arguing Obama's throwing of money around, just your ridiculous assumptions about work vis a vis health care in general.  I'm sure if something happens to you at this point, mommy and daddy will pick up the pieces. Whatcha gonna do when you're 40, have two kids, a mortgage, bills, and your wife gets a debilitating disease. I hope people tell you what an ass you were not to save better while they pile you and your family out onto the street.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: August 25, 2009, 12:05:52 AM »
Do you live on planet Mars? Do you know how many working couples pull in maybe $24,000 between them? What do you think WalMart pays? Add in two kids and you're fucked as far as getting affordable insurance. Do you know what an admin assist makes? Maybe she should never purchase a house or go on vacation because even though she pays hefty insurance premiums, should she get laid off or get sick and fired, she may end up with $100,000 in medical bills.

It's fairly obvious that you've never been out in the working world. You're as naive as a baby.

I'm not arguing Obama's throwing of money around, just your ridiculous assumptions about work vis a vis health care in general.  I'm sure if something happens to you at this point, mommy and daddy will pick up the pieces. Whatcha gonna do when you're 40, have two kids, a mortgage, bills, and your wife gets a debilitating disease. I hope people tell you what an ass you were not to save better while they pile you and your family out onto the street.
live within your means darling, if your going on vacation etc and your complaining about not having health insurance sorry i have no sympathy.

You know nothing about me sweety Ive been working since I was 13 years old love Ive worked 2 full time jobs and a part time job at the same time to help pay bills Ive put myself through college and am doing it again now.

My mother has a debilitating disease called RA caused by an autoimmune disorder and she still gets up everyday and goes to work dont talk to me about hard times and fending for myself you know nothing about me and my family and what ive done in my life so please dont drop some sob story in my lap and expect me to feel bad.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2009, 12:26:55 AM »
live within your means darling, if your going on vacation etc and your complaining about not having health insurance sorry i have no sympathy.

You know nothing about me sweety Ive been working since I was 13 years old love Ive worked 2 full time jobs and a part time job at the same time to help pay bills Ive put myself through college and am doing it again now.

My mother has a debilitating disease called RA caused by an autoimmune disorder and she still gets up everyday and goes to work dont talk to me about hard times and fending for myself you know nothing about me and my family and what ive done in my life so please dont drop some sob story in my lap and expect me to feel bad.

No one's asking you to feel bad. I don't feel bad either. I just know that there are millions of uninsured people because insurance premiums are through the roof due to all the skimming by big business. I don't want to have to pay for your hospital bills when you get cancer or wrap your car around a tree because you can't afford to buy insurance. And even if I did have to contribute, it'd make me feel better if you at least HAD to have contributed something because the government forced you to take care of your own health, rather than wait until the day "you" felt you could "afford" to contribute.

None of what I posted is "sob story crap." That's the way the world works. Either you can let people pay $150 a month for affordable insurance, or mark it so high they can't get it, then I and other taxpayers pay for their astronomical emerg bills. Your "I don't give a shit" attitude is what costs everyone in the long run.

The example of the admin assist I gave, was not about someone who didn't save to pay for her insurance. It was an example of someone who's worked and PAID huge premiums for 25 years, then gets sick right after being laid off. That happens every day. People also get fired from their jobs when they get sick WHILE being employed and covered, because it drives employer premiums up. Also happens every day. Like I said, naive as a baby.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #132 on: August 25, 2009, 12:27:58 AM »
Figure out what you love to do and go in your own business.   The first few years suck, but it gets better after that.  You will have your freedom, dignity, and hopefully be able to keep more $$$ in your own pocket.   

Oh My!  That's twice in the same month.  :)
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: August 25, 2009, 12:31:13 AM »
you don't have a job now because you're looking for one?

Don't you mean you're looking for a job now because you don't have one?

Shhhhh... you might make him stop being so funny.
I've been a bit bored lately, ...and reading some of his arguments & his rationale have been quite entertaining
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2009, 12:34:41 AM »
Not naive darling again Obama says he can cut prices w/o a public option why not do that?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #135 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:24 AM »
Shhhhh... you might make him stop being so funny.
I've been a bit bored lately, ...and reading some of his arguments & his rationale have been quite entertaining
Miss you too my love :-*

Going to bed for the night but I'll be dreaming of you

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: August 25, 2009, 12:56:40 AM »

again there are plenty of viable options out there for ppl without health insurance, institute the legislation that was supposedly going to cut the health care costs and more ppl will get on.

Ive said it before its a worthy cause but not one worthy enough for me to have my taxes raised over. Institute the legislation that supposedly will help pay for it and then we might be able to talk.

Youve already seen that obama isnt very good with numbers he was what 2 trillion off on his estimate of the projected national debt? LOL and you want us to take this guys word for it?

Your taxes raised?!
You gotta be kidding me.  ::)
What taxes? ...you're unemployed!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: August 25, 2009, 01:05:01 AM »
No one's asking you to feel bad. I don't feel bad either. I just know that there are millions of uninsured people because insurance premiums are through the roof due to all the skimming by big business. I don't want to have to pay for your hospital bills when you get cancer or wrap your car around a tree because you can't afford to buy insurance. And even if I did have to contribute, it'd make me feel better if you at least HAD to have contributed something because the government forced you to take care of your own health, rather than wait until the day "you" felt you could "afford" to contribute.

None of what I posted is "sob story crap." That's the way the world works. Either you can let people pay $150 a month for affordable insurance, or mark it so high they can't get it, then I and other taxpayers pay for their astronomical emerg bills. Your "I don't give a shit" attitude is what costs everyone in the long run.

The example of the admin assist I gave, was not about someone who didn't save to pay for her insurance. It was an example of someone who's worked and PAID huge premiums for 25 years, then gets sick right after being laid off. That happens every day. People also get fired from their jobs when they get sick WHILE being employed and covered, because it drives employer premiums up. Also happens every day. Like I said, naive as a baby.

Exactly DeeDee,

As well too, don't forget those who want insurance, but the insurance companies refuse to provide it because there's a significant chance they'll fall ill one day. So what happens... they eventually DO get sick, and everyone else has to pick up their tab.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #138 on: August 25, 2009, 01:07:47 AM »
Miss you too my love :-*

Going to bed for the night but I'll be dreaming of you

Sleep tight... don't let the bed bugs bite!
I mean that, ...'cause you don't have any insurance.  :o
w