Author Topic: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.  (Read 9086 times)

James

Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.
« on: August 24, 2009, 06:52:37 AM »
Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait; Warns Against Using "Nuclear Option" - Video 8/23/09
[/youtube]

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Sen. Joe Lieberman Says Health Care Needs to Wait.
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 07:06:42 AM »
One more uninformed dolt we can ignore.

LEt's just hope that the woefully uniformed don't fall for the propaganda spread by those wishing to hurt america's chance at health insurance relief.

Conservatives determined to prevent Obama from succeeding understand that their best chance is to frighten poorly informed voters historically susceptible to conspiracy theories – particularly in rural states far from centers of power.
http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2009/08/20/town_halls/index.html

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 07:25:48 AM »
We should have waited on healthcare until the recession ended.  Obama knows he has 1-1.5yrs to pass his leftist agenda, thats why he is pushing all these things so fast. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:26 AM »
We should have waited on healthcare until the recession ended.  Obama knows he has 1-1.5yrs to pass his leftist agenda, thats why he is pushing all these things so fast. 

Anyone with any sense whatsoever understands that without a good economy you cant do health care.  Its a joke and only the hardcore partisans on the far left ignore this fact. 

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 07:41:35 AM »
Anyone with any sense whatsoever understands that without a good economy you cant do health care.  Its a joke and only the hardcore partisans on the far left ignore this fact. 

No they just look back in history and see all the shit FDR did when the country was in the the great depression and think they can pull the same thing. In reality WWII is what pulled this country out of it, not all FDR's programs.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:46:34 AM »
No they just look back in history and see all the shit FDR did when the country was in the the great depression and think they can pull the same thing. In reality WWII is what pulled this country out of it, not all FDR's programs.
I guess some people will believe anything if it supports their prejudice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 07:52:24 AM »
I've waited 20+ years of lieberman's health care solution.  it never arrived.

Now, he arrives with talk of why obama's plan sucks.  There's still no lieberman plan, though.

The sink is shipping.  These guys don't have any plan for making it to shore, but they can't stop shitting on your rowboat idea.  there comes a point where america will support the best plan on the table.  For the repubs and lieberman, the plan is "leave everything how it is".  That's not working for more americans each day.

Their downfall, and the reason obama will win, is that they aren't doing anything but sitting on the counch whining.  no alternative, better plan.

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 07:58:58 AM »
I guess some people will believe anything if it supports their prejudice.

It's called having an understanding of history, which you apparently don't have.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 08:01:09 AM »
No 240 - sometimes doing nothing is better than "something". 

Obama is not going to get what he wants without either a massive loss in 2010, or a complete re-write of the bill to not include the public option. 

Either way, he will look like a failure - to either his base, or to the inde's.   

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 08:11:52 AM »
exactly 240 acting simply for the sake of acting is how we ended up with iraq and the stimulus bill, you want our health care system to end up the same way?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 08:16:44 AM »
exactly 240 acting simply for the sake of acting is how we ended up with iraq and the stimulus bill, you want our health care system to end up the same way?

We won in Iraq, didn't we?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 08:17:52 AM »
LOL dont be a dip shit you fucktard

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:51 AM »

240 -with his usual spin and avoiding the obvious. 

Making a problem worse for the sake of "doing something" is insane.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:21:30 AM »
LOL dont be a dip shit you fucktard

DOW is about to hit 10,000.  Stimulus seems to be working, eh?
We declared war in Iraq, our companies won the first oil bid, and our bases rock.

Sounds like the Bush White house quote of "doing nothing is not an option" was right on.  beside guys, FOX news told us you never question a president during war-time, remember?  You guys need to wait until the afghan war is over to critize obama. 

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 08:25:02 AM »
We declared war in Iraq, our companies won the first oil bid, and our bases rock.

Sounds like the Bush White house quote of "doing nothing is not an option" was right on.  beside guys, FOX news told us you never question a president during war-time, remember?  You guys need to wait until the afghan war is over to critize obama. 

240 - your nonsense knows no bounds.  This is not about Bush or Palin.  Your magical messiah won the presidency to fix the problems of Bush, and now when he turns out to be a complete flop, you resort to blaming Bush.  Ridiculous. 

You contradict yourself within your damn statement!

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 08:28:44 AM »

so you think bush did a great job now do you, Ill quote you on that you dip shit again this is why you get no respect on here and I suspect in real life.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 08:30:15 AM »
so you think bush did a great job now do you, Ill quote you on that you dip shit again this is why you get no respect on here and I suspect in real life.

mahn, take a valium, i'm just having fun.

Bush was right about iraq, in the bigger sense.  we needed the bases, the oil was nice.  and the wars saved our asses in 2001 when ecnomy was about to drop following dotcom bust.

Maybe obama will be right.  ya gotta wait 8 yers to find out.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 08:32:32 AM »
Hey Tony - do you have health insurance yet?

There's no rush right.  I mean if you wrap your car around a tree and can't afford to pay the bills (you can't even afford insurance) then you'll just get free health care from one of those govt programs you can't actually name and the rest who actually have insurance will absorb the cost by virtue of higher premiums.

Great Plan

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Hey Tony - do you have health insurance yet?

There's no rush right.  I mean if you wrap your car around a tree and can't afford to pay the bills (you can't even afford insurance) then you'll just get free health care from one of those govt programs you can't actually name and the rest who actually have insurance will absorb the cost by virtue of higher premiums.

Great Plan
I choooooooose to not have insurance right now JUST LIKE I CHOOOOOOOOOOSE TO SEEK FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT WITH BENEFITS....you know one of those many many options out there for uninsured ppl that you want to fund...why not let me sit on my ass and recieve healthcare? well for one its not your place to pay my way dumb ass I appreciate the offer though.  ;)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 08:41:50 AM »
I choooooooose to not have insurance right now JUST LIKE I CHOOOOOOOOOOSE TO SEEK FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT WITH BENEFITS....you know one of those many many options out there for uninsured ppl that you want to fund...why not let me sit on my ass and recieve healthcare? well for one its not your place to pay my way dumb ass I appreciate the offer though.  ;)

Stupid choice on your part

Either that or you must be a secret communist because you know if you face a catastrophic event that you can't afford you know you will receive care and the rest of us will wind up paying for it with higher premiums

Good Call

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 08:47:26 AM »

Either that or you must be a secret communist because you know if you face a catastrophic event that you can't afford you know you will receive care and the rest of us will wind up paying for it with higher premiums

Good Call
It didn't occur to Tony that b/c of his blatant irresponsible behavior - he choo-choo-chooses not have insurance - the public will have to pick up the cost of his next accident.

That's the law here in this country.  They treat people in emergencies.

I can see how that would get under Tony's skin, I mean we should just let unisured people in accidents die, including Tony.

That's what the market would bear out.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 08:47:57 AM »
I choooooooose to not have insurance right now

Really?

So if obama said "here tony, free health care for you", you woudl reject it?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 08:49:38 AM »

Good Call
LOL why would you have to pay for me, unless im dead or severly injured I can still work and pay my own way.
Since your feeling so charitable though why not help me pay for my tuition this semester ill give you my address so you can send me a check if thats fine with you?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 08:51:41 AM »
Really?

So if obama said "here tony, free health care for you", you woudl reject it?

240 - you know what - some of us have pride in ourselves and choose not hav e our neighbor pay our way.  

Myself, I would die rather than take public assistance.  

Before I asked you to pay for my food stamps, I would take my ass up to the catskills and kill game for food.  Ill get a few deer, a few turkeys, etc and be fine.  

Some of us are not looking for others to take care of us.  But sadly 240 - over the last year you seem to have morphed into exactly what the govt wants, a lemming looking to Obama to pay for everything for everyone.

You bought into the hype hook line and sinker and will have your hand out as soon as anyone else.    

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 08:53:56 AM »
LOL why would you have to pay for me, unless im dead or severly injured I can still work and pay my own way.
You'll work to repay....from your wheelchair or hospital bed...this ain't no charity kid.  Pay up front or die.
Since your feeling so charitable though why not help me pay for my tuition this semester ill give you my address so you can send me a check if thats fine with you?
Is it your custom to beg for money?