Author Topic: Nearing 10k  (Read 919 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Nearing 10k
« on: August 24, 2009, 08:04:16 PM »
Red dot is when the Stim bill passed.
blue dot is about 3 weeks later, when $ started flowing.

Now, some ppl have said the bill is in no way related to the DOW.
However, I have to think.... if the DOW had DROPPED 2500 points since the stim bill was passed, Obama would be getting a damn big share of the blame.

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
Re: Nearing 10k
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2009, 08:06:39 PM »
Where's Mr.Intenseone?  ???
S

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2009, 08:15:47 PM »

However, I have to think.... if the DOW had DROPPED 2500 points since the stim bill was passed, Obama would be getting a damn big share of the blame.

The 2 aren't really connected. As the dollar has dropped the market has gone up, plus, much of the volume has come from a few major financial institutions.

It isn't black and white. Lots of manipulation, lots of money printing etc.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2009, 08:18:18 PM »
The 2 aren't really connected. As the dollar has dropped the market has gone up, plus, much of the volume has come from a few major financial institutions.

Do you believe, if the DOW was 3500 or 4000 today, people would be blaming Obama?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2009, 08:28:48 PM »
Do you believe, if the DOW was 3500 or 4000 today, people would be blaming Obama?
thats irrelevant dipshit the stimulus had little to do with the rebound as of right now

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 08:29:03 PM »

Look at your own graph. It DID drop 1000 points after he sighned it. In fact, there was a huge drop right at the stroke of his pen!!

I would hope so. I would be very hardpressed to beleive that the economy would have to fall THAT far to correct itself. Do you beleive it would have fallen that far without the stimulus?
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

GigantorX

• Getbig V
  • GetBig's A-Team is the Light of Truth!
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2009, 08:35:47 PM »

They sure would. What is your point?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2009, 09:13:16 PM »
Look at your own graph. It DID drop 1000 points after he sighned it. In fact, there was a huge drop right at the stroke of his pen!!

The bill was signed on feb 13th.  The money took at least 3 weeks to start flowing and affecting things.

I would hope so. I would be very hardpressed to beleive that the economy would have to fall THAT far to correct itself. Do you beleive it would have fallen that far without the stimulus?

I believe it was on quite a little freefall, and that the sim package helped to stop it.  I also believe, as billions of stim $ are now being dispersed by dem and repub governors alike, that the $ is helping.  It means people are going back to work.  They'll spend, and ... wait... the DOW will rise.

gcb

• Getbig IV
  • you suffer, why?
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2009, 10:19:45 PM »
Consumer confidence is up obviously - and all these negative cry baby repubs talking it down will not help. Stay positive - keep spending and investing - the economy recovers.

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
  • KILL CENTRAL BANKS, BUY BITCOIN.
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2009, 10:48:33 PM »
Consumer confidence is up obviously - and all these negative cry baby repubs talking it down will not help. Stay positive - keep spending and investing - the economy recovers.

Consumer confidence fell this month, the Conference Board said Tuesday, presenting a big obstacle for hammered stores as they head into the critical back-to-school shopping season.

The confidence index fell to 46.6 down from 49.3,  and was weaker than what economists were expecting. It takes a reading above 90 to signal that Americans believe the economy is on solid footing.

(CNN)  U.S. consumer confidence in early August dropped to the lowest level since March, according to the Reuters/University of Michigan Survey of Consumers, weakening the economic outlook

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2009, 10:54:33 PM »
people say freedom of speech is dead.

You have Rush and hannity and Glen beck saying things like "I hope we fail" and directly influencing consumer confidence by telling their 25% of americans "economic disaster is coming!  Obama sucks!"

Imagine if some german disc joskey did a thing in hitlers 1943 germany, talking shit on the air to undermine hitler and kill consumer confidence.  They woudln't get 400 million $ salaries for it, woudl they...

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 11:02:55 PM »

You have Rush and hannity and Glen beck saying things like "I hope we fail" and directly influencing consumer confidence by telling their 25% of americans "economic disaster is coming!  Obama sucks!"

Imagine if some german disc joskey did a thing in hitlers 1943 germany, talking shit on the air to undermine hitler and kill consumer confidence.  They woudln't get 400 million $ salaries for it, woudl they...

That was pretty darn funny. lol

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 11:18:37 PM »

There is no means of avoiding the final collapse of a boom brought about by credit (debt) expansion. The alternative is only whether the crisis should come sooner as the result of a voluntary abandonment of further credit (debt) expansion, or later as a final and total catastrophe of the currency system involved.

MM2K

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 11:26:34 PM »
The bill was signed on feb 13th.  The money took at least 3 weeks to start flowing and affecting things.

But stocks are a bet on the future. Why was the market crashing 22% under Obama after 3 months of relative calm? There was very little bad news to price in during this time.

I believe it was on quite a little freefall, and that the sim package helped to stop it.  I also believe, as billions of stim $ are now being dispersed by dem and repub governors alike, that the $ is helping.  It means people are going back to work.  They'll spend, and ... wait... the DOW will rise.

But wouldnt you say that there is some sufficiently low enough stock price that would cause an investor to start buying stocks, without a stimulus package? People on net are not getting back to work. We are still losing jobs in the hundreds of thousands.
Jan. Jobs: 36,000!!

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2009, 12:36:33 AM »

So it's a valid compression Obama and Hitler....good sign coming from his biggest supporter  :-\

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 02:36:04 AM »
So it's a valid compression Obama and Hitler....good sign coming from his biggest supporter  :-\

I believe 240 was being sarcastic, a bit tongue in cheek, as others have compared and alluded to that, like that Marine in the townhall video.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 02:44:15 AM »
I believe 240 was being sarcastic, a bit tongue in cheek, as others have compared and alluded to that, like that Marine in the townhall video.

No shit  ::)

I would actually call Obama the anti Christ, he capture people with pure BS talking and they fall him like sheep to the slaughter....if I was a man of faith I would definitely believe it was him  :P

Bindare_Dundat

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2009, 07:41:29 AM »
NEW YORK, Aug 25 (Reuters) - Redbook Research on Tuesday released the following seasonally adjusted weekly data on U.S. chain store sales:
Year-over-year: Week (w/e 8/22/09 vs year ago)        -4.4 pct
Year-over-year:Month (August 2009 vs August 2008)     -4.4 pct
Month-over-month: (August 2009 vs July 2009)          -0.7 pct

Uh, what back-to-school shopping?

August 09 over July 09 (first three weeks) is never supposed to be negative, since that's when parents equip kids for school.

Well, this year it was.

Despite the claims of "green shoots" the fact remains that every indication I've got "on the ground" in high-frequency (and high-reliability!) economic statistics says that the consumer's wallet has in fact snapped shut.

This is not about a consumer "lack of desire" to shop, it is about a lack of ability to pay.

Untill consumers are spending, (really spending again), the DOW could go to 30,000 and it won't mean a thing.