Author Topic: What year did athletets start to use GH?  (Read 5560 times)

beard

• Getbig II
What year did athletets start to use GH?
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:40:29 AM »
When I look at Arnold and Lou, it looks like they took GH. With Arnolds jaw and all ... I'm sure they did. I've read stuff like bodybuilders started to use GH in the 80th, but I think that is BS. Does anyone know when athletes started taking GH?

io856

Re: What year did athletets start to use GH?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2009, 04:09:01 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=54697.0

I was thinking aout this. Since the detoxification of methandrostenolone, in the liver, causes a massive release of IGF-1, would heavy MT use cause facial structure changes similar to that seen with GH use, such as an enlarged jaw, a distended, long face and overly sharp features? Was heavy d-bol use responsile for Arnold's distended, large and square face? Just wondering... ???

SUCKMYMUSCLE

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2009, 06:17:00 AM »

Whatta perfect physique Lou had, that's the way I wanna look...

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2009, 06:20:30 AM »

Looks like he had GH hands ...

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2009, 06:37:13 AM »
bodybuilders, on the pretty large scale, started to use GH in the early to mid 80s..........you can see the change around the time haney started winning olympias..........at first growth hormone was synthesized from cadavers, and im not exactly sure what year the synthetic version was invented, or when people made the switch to this synthetic version........im speculating around the 88-91 timeframe.........then of course.......it was far more available.

but, i could be off...............there have also been reports of HGH, becoming available almost a decade earlier.......but at this point it was supposedly very difficult to obtain, so only the high eschalon guys, like arnold, would be able to get their hands on it......likewise, there are alot of rumblings that arnold might of had this available to him as early as the late 70's..................

milos sarcev, who  one may, or may not believe  told a story just last week that one time in the 90s, he saw frank zane at a bodybuildign show, and kind of joked with him "I'll bet guys from your era wish they had access to the drugs we do now-a-days"................to which zane replied, with a wink, "what makes you think we didnt"

but the short answer would be HGH  use became the standard in bodybuilding in the late 80s.

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2009, 07:36:22 AM »
Maybe most athletes didn't have access to GH in the 70th, but I believe Arnold, Franco, Lou, Serge, ... took GH. Even with GH their physiques are amazing, that they had that superior genetics that they could build that without GH just seem too improbable.

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:18:33 AM »
your totaly discounting the work plain old steriods can do.... gh isnt a mirracle drug for fucks sake, the physiques of the 70's definatly didnt have a gh look to them either....

you go on about square jaws and big hands, lous 6ft odd for fucks sake, what do u expect him to have

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 11:46:34 AM »
your totaly discounting the work plain old steriods can do.... gh isnt a mirracle drug for fucks sake, the physiques of the 70's definatly didnt have a gh look to them either....

you go on about square jaws and big hands, lous 6ft odd for fucks sake, what do u expect him to have

I think todays bellys are not just the case of GH but the result of combination insulin, GH and IGF-1, which they couldn't combine back then. And GH was much more expensive before, so they didn't take the doses they take today.

But watta heck do I know ...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2009, 03:04:39 PM »
not alot.......... ive mixed with a lot of the top brit guys at amature level, most of which were sporting at the least 230+ physiques without a hint of growth, i know this as we all went on at the same time mid 90's..

Ian harrison and eddy elwood both turned pro, both 260 plus without using growth at that time, they did use it later on along with all the other goodies, didnt change there physiques too much tho, they were still huge lumps of muscle off the huge amounts of test and anabolics they were using at the time...

have you ever used growth and igf1 ?????

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2009, 03:29:04 PM »
not alot.......... ive mixed with a lot of the top brit guys at amature level, most of which were sporting at the least 230+ physiques without a hint of growth, i know this as we all went on at the same time mid 90's..

Ian harrison and eddy elwood both turned pro, both 260 plus without using growth at that time, they did use it later on along with all the other goodies, didnt change there physiques too much tho, they were still huge lumps of muscle off the huge amounts of test and anabolics they were using at the time...

is it true Eddy Elwood would take something like 5 Anadrol tabs a day?
Thunderdome approved

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:46:17 AM »
well he wrote a course out for a guy at my old gym, very high amounts.... so that wouldnt suprise me if he did

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 09:48:39 AM »
is it true Eddy Elwood would take something like 5 Anadrol tabs a day?
a member here who seems knowledgeable and nto bullshitting said ronnie, i addition to his other roid and hoprmone intake, would take 12 anadrol tabs every day during olympia prep

Meso_z

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 10:04:34 AM »
whats the difference in a physique with growth added?

i mean cant anybody 5'7 for example be 200lbs contest condition with the usual aas?

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 10:08:51 AM »
whats the difference in a physique with growth added?

i mean cant anybody 5'7 for example be 200lbs contest condition with the usual aas?
lee haney is acheivable without GH. anybody from 1990 previous is a safe bet that they didnt use GH.

gh makes you big and round

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 12:48:22 PM »

Do you truly believe eddy and ian turned pro without GH??? Yeah right ... Who has told you taht lie? Never tried IGF or insulin  but got friends that took both ... A little GH have I tried though, like most gymrats.

Why would Ian wait with taking GH until he was a pro, makes no sense at all. People that seriously try to become pros, cycle like pros with GH, roids, insulin and shit. Welcome to the real world.

sele137

• Getbig II
  • Get Fuck
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2009, 02:19:28 PM »
Joe Meeko say on another forum...

"Resus monkey GH was introduced way back when Arnold was on top. Did you ever notice how his forhead protrudes and jaw. And I'm sure you alreday know the pro that had the biggest jaw from that stuff!"

shrek

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2009, 07:00:14 PM »
they were using cadaver GH in the late 60's and 70's then they found out that it was causing a very rare brain disease and stop the making of it then years later they made the synthetic GH i think it was first the RDNA 192 then the 191 version which was better and that is what we use today....... i have read that arnny took the  cadaver version

tstmaniac

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 07:31:17 PM »
now taking that shit was pretty risky...guys were getting mad cow disease...very shitty way to die

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 10:46:18 PM »
Do you truly believe eddy and ian turned pro without GH??? Yeah right ... Who has told you taht lie? Never tried IGF or insulin  but got friends that took both ... A little GH have I tried though, like most gymrats.

Why would Ian wait with taking GH until he was a pro, makes no sense at all. People that seriously try to become pros, cycle like pros with GH, roids, insulin and shit. Welcome to the real world.

yeh i do beleive that, i beleive you dont need growth to have a massive muscular physique, just plenty aas, you must have some shity build to come up with your theories........

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 12:27:55 AM »
yeh i do beleive that, i beleive you dont need growth to have a massive muscular physique, just plenty aas, you must have some shity build to come up with your theories........

Come on, I just open my eyes and look ... I'm sure you can build a great body just on roids, but not like Arnold and Lou ... or Haney for that matter, that's what I think.

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 12:32:15 AM »
Joe Meeko say on another forum...

"Resus monkey GH was introduced way back when Arnold was on top. Did you ever notice how his forhead protrudes and jaw. And I'm sure you alreday know the pro that had the biggest jaw from that stuff!"

That's what I thought.

Schmoe Buster

• Getbig V
  • Unnatural Bodybuilder
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 01:58:59 AM »
Lee Haney used GH, i heard it was Russian 192AA, called Grorm or something, Bob Paris has said he used it too, i think for the 83 Nationals, he said it was very expensive
Thunderdome approved

beard

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 05:26:14 AM »

No GH, yeah right ...

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 08:11:15 AM »
from my experience and the experience of others, the difference of bein on gh pre contest is 7 to 10lbs diference with slightly better quality to the muscle......... big deal!

allnatural

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 08:55:33 AM »
If I only knew where to get the legit hgh.  :'(