Author Topic: Senator Ted Kennedy has died of brain cancer at age 77.  (Read 3485 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Senator Ted Kennedy has died of brain cancer at age 77.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 02:22:24 PM »
I think some of Kennedy's critics are buffons. otherwise can you explain their inability to keep his personal life apart from his politics? like when they counter any of his politics with: ' I don't care what Kennedy says. he's wrong because he was gn a car accident.'
with that being stated... laura bush has even less to do with kennedy's politics.
well with the accident having nothing to do with his politics I do see a point in bringing up the hypocrisy of giving Laura a pass while condemning Ted.  Not the case with everyone, but still so often the case it's worth mentioning.  Ted has been under scrutiny for the accident since it happened.  The press has no problem talking about it even now.  Laura as first lady never had to deal with media attention for her accident. She got a pass for the most part.  Ted, not so much.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 03:14:37 PM »
The good news in all of this is that Ted Kennedy has been sober for 36hrs and counting.

:o

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 04:24:27 PM »
lol

Does anyone really believe this bullshit? What a hero.

PL&index=31[/youtube]

The car plunged into tide-swept Poucha Pond (at that location a channel) and came to rest upside down underwater. Kennedy was able to swim free of the vehicle, but Kopechne was not.

Kennedy claims he tried to swim down to reach her several times, then rested on the bank for several minutes before returning on foot to the Lawrence Cottage, where the party attended by Kopechne and other "Boiler Room Girls" had occurred. One of the "Boiler Room Girls" is now big-time New York literary agent Esther Newberg, who was Mary Jo's roommate for the weekend.

Like everyone involved in the incident, Esther remains close-mouthed about what occurred. Joseph Gargan (Kennedy's cousin) and party co-host Paul Markham then returned to the pond with Kennedy to try to rescue Kopechne. Although there was a telephone at the Lawrence Cottage, nobody called for help.

When their efforts to rescue Kopechne failed, Kennedy decided to return to his hotel. However, the Edgartown-Chappaquiddick ferry (which connects Chappaquiddick to the rest of the island) had shut down for the night. Kennedy swam across the 500-foot channel, back to Edgartown. The next morning, the police recovered Kennedy's car and the body of Mary Jo Kopechne.

teddy was in town for the edgartown regatta and stayed at The Shiretown Inn which was at the time owned by two queens