Author Topic: Bachmann: Prayer and fasting will help defeat health care reform  (Read 3174 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Source: The Minnesota Independent

On Wednesday Rep. Michele Bachmann was part of a star-studded “teletownhall” meeting to discuss health-care reform. The event, billed “Keeping Faith with the Unborn,” was sponsored by the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion advocacy group. The organization’s president, Marjorie Dannenfelser, claimed that there were some 350,000 listeners on the line.

Bachmann repeated the myth, adopted early by Sarah Palin, that the health-care plans being debated in Congress would set up “death panels” to determine which old folks are entitled to health care. “Thank God that Sarah Palin said that,” she told the callers. “These are true.”

But it was Bachmann’s fervent call to utilize prayer and fasting to beat back health-care reform efforts that was the true highlight of the call.

“That’s really where this battle will be won — on our knees in prayer and fasting,” she told the listeners. “Remember: faith without works is dead. So we’re asking you to do all of it: pray, fast, believe, trust the Lord, but also act.”

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Bachmann: Prayer and fasting will help defeat health care reform
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 12:52:54 AM »

On Wednesday Rep. Michele Bachmann was part of a star-studded “teletownhall” meeting to discuss health-care reform. The event, billed “Keeping Faith with the Unborn,” was sponsored by the Susan B. Anthony List, an anti-abortion advocacy group. The organization’s president, Marjorie Dannenfelser, claimed that there were some 350,000 listeners on the line.

Bachmann repeated the myth, adopted early by Sarah Palin, that the health-care plans being debated in Congress would set up “death panels” to determine which old folks are entitled to health care. “Thank God that Sarah Palin said that,” she told the callers. “These are true.”

But it was Bachmann’s fervent call to utilize prayer and fasting to beat back health-care reform efforts that was the true highlight of the call.

Wonderful.

I wish Bachmann and her ilk will be as successful as when they prayed for rain at Obama's Democratic convention.  :)

“That’s really where this battle will be won — on our knees in prayer and fasting,” she told the listeners. “Remember: faith without works is dead. So we’re asking you to do all of it: pray, fast, believe, trust the Lord, but also act.”

WooHoo! Congratulations to her! It's about time a Republican woman learned how to get on her knees!
That's where the battle will be won all right, but I'm not sure it'll be the health care reform battle.  lol
If more Rep. wives knew how to get on their knees, ...their husbands wouldn't be running off to the men who do. :P
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 12:59:01 AM »
Then again... she might be right. The more women get on their knees... the less unwanted pregnancies occur.
The less unwanted pregnancies occur... the less abortions would take place. She may be onto something.  :-\
w

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2009, 06:19:14 AM »
Wonderful.

I wish Bachmann and her ilk will be as successful as when they prayed for rain at Obama's Democratic convention.  :)

WooHoo! Congratulations to her! It's about time a Republican woman learned how to get on her knees!
That's where the battle will be won all right, but I'm not sure it'll be the health care reform battle.  lol
If more Rep. wives knew how to get on their knees, ...their husbands wouldn't be running off to the men who do. :P

Huh?The democratic women are to fucking ugly to ever have the chance to get on their knees.Christ ,can you imagine getting head from Pelosi or Clinton or any of those mutts?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2009, 06:53:46 AM »
Huh?The democratic women are to fucking ugly to ever have the chance to get on their knees.Christ ,can you imagine getting head from Pelosi or Clinton or any of those mutts?

240 has become a serious joke lately. 

Attack Beck, Palin, Bachman, etc

YET IGNORE

Kazan

• Getbig V
  • Sic vis pacem, parabellum
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2009, 07:50:39 AM »
Wonderful.

Oh by the way, I heard a house fell on your sister.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2009, 08:31:42 AM »
240 has become a serious joke lately. 

Attack Beck, Palin, Bachman, etc

YET IGNORE

Its incredible.Jag rips on republicans having affairs but John Edwards and Bill Clinton wiped their dicks in their wifes hair after inserting them into two fugly womens assholes and thats no problem to her.Then again,she thinks Michelle Obama is attractive so what do libs know.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2009, 08:36:12 AM »
You gotta give her points for irony.

Bachman is a far right religious moonbat who also seems to also be pro-choice (though it's not entirely clear it she knows it) and possibly doctor assisted suicide

Here's what she said on Hannity's radio show last week

"That's why people need to continue to go to the town halls, continue to melt the phone lines of their liberal members of Congress," said Bachmann, "and let them know, under no certain circumstances will I give the government control over my body and my health care decisions."

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »
Straw -

I believe abortion is wrong, immoral, borderline murder, etc. 

However, I dont want the govt dictating shit to people. 

Same with gay marriage.  I think it is wrong, immoral, etc.

However, I dont want the govt dictating this to people either.

The govt needs to GTF out of everyones lives. 

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2009, 08:57:06 AM »
Straw -

sounds like you're pro-choice and pro gay marriage for those who want to make that choice

and for those who oppose it sounds like you're saying they should mind their own business

finally we agree on something

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2009, 09:19:08 AM »
sounds like you're pro-choice and pro gay marriage for those who want to make that choice

and for those who oppose it sounds like you're saying they should mind their own business

finally we agree on something

I did not always think this way, but feel if I am to be consistent in other beliefs I have, i have to put aside my personal distaste for these things.

Sometimes we have to tolerate shit we hate because the alternative is far worse.   

Purge_WTF

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2009, 01:41:55 PM »
Straw -

A Conservative Libertarian. I like that.

The Libertarians and especially the Constitution Party (I'll be switching to it soon) are probably the only groups I'll vote for from now on.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2009, 01:56:56 PM »
this is why we cant have nice things

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2009, 04:20:31 PM »

Don't worry Billy, ...I think you probably have less than a snowball's chance in hell of ever living that little scenario.
at least Democratic women have sense enough to marry heterosexual men pssst: ...Ariana Huffington being the exception
As for Clinton, ...well she knows how to delegate.  :D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2009, 04:22:19 PM »
Oh by the way, I heard a house fell on your sister.

Nah, ...I called & checked as soon as I heard the tornado touched down in her part of town. They're all safe.
w

Signifying Monkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 12:44:33 AM »

Amen!

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 07:00:30 AM »
Don't worry Billy, ...I think you probably have less than a snowball's chance in hell of ever living that little scenario.
at least Democratic women have sense enough to marry heterosexual men pssst: ...Ariana Huffington being the exception
As for Clinton, ...well she knows how to delegate.  :D

HUFFINGTON MANAGED TO TURN HER HUSBAND INTO A FAG.I dont think a lib should ever talk about common sense when your leader,Nancy Pelosi has stretched her face so far with plastic surgery that she hasthat permanent Manson family insane grin.

By the way,you filthy whore.Ive been married for twenty years.You?My wife won state titles in bodybuilding THEN did modeling in Japan.You?So please,when you talk about getting laid,worry about filling up that stinking girl of yours with some dick instead of some dykes mouth.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 07:18:34 AM »
HUFFINGTON MANAGED TO TURN HER HUSBAND INTO A FAG.I dont think a lib should ever talk about common sense when your leader,Nancy Pelosi has stretched her face so far with plastic surgery that she hasthat permanent Manson family insane grin.

By the way,you filthy whore.Ive been married for twenty years.You?My wife won state titles in bodybuilding THEN did modeling in Japan.You?So please,when you talk about getting laid,worry about filling up that stinking #### of yours with some dick instead of some dykes mouth.

it's posts like this that always make me think you're a gimmick

you're really not this much of a douche is real life are you?

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 07:52:49 AM »
it's posts like this that always make me think you're a gimmick

you're really not this much of a douche is real life are you?

You see,unlike you,I dont let people insult me without responding.This skank has something smart to say everytime I post.She is a dirty mouth little bitch who would piss in her pants if she was face to face with me,but acts like a smart ass guy on the net.I notice ,when she posts stuff like "you cant get laid" you say NOTHING.If she wants an insult contest,Im up for it.If she wants to be filthy in her posts Im up for that as well.She cant compete with me in an insult contest or being foul mouthed.So,my advise to you,is mind your buisiness,or be consistant and call her out when she insults people.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 08:58:48 AM »
You see,unlike you,I dont let people insult me without responding.This skank has something smart to say everytime I post.She is a dirty mouth little bitch who would piss in her pants if she was face to face with me,but acts like a smart ass #### on the net.I notice ,when she posts stuff like "you cant get laid" you say NOTHING.If she wants an insult contest,Im up for it.If she wants to be filthy in her posts Im up for that as well.She cant compete with me in an insult contest or being foul mouthed.So,my advise to you,is mind your buisiness,or be consistant and call her out when she insults people.

maybe you should try to figure out why people keep insulting you so much

most of you posts seem to be a projectile vomit of foul language and personal attacks

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 10:02:19 AM »
maybe you should try to figure out why people keep insulting you so much

most of you posts seem to be a projectile vomit of foul language and personal attacks

Its only libs that attack me.I really think most of you are simple minded idiots who have your heads in your ass.You know,most people are like me.Go to a ballgame sometime and see how the fans are.Check out the number one shows on television.Look at what seels in music.Its you thats in the minority.Thats why things like MSNBC and lib talk radio fail.Thats why things like Ultimate fighting get massive pay per view buy rates.

Next time you go to an event like the Arnold classic,look around and see who the people there act like.Prissy queers crying for Hentry Gates,or guys 100% behind Crowley.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:12 AM »
Its only libs that attack me.I really think most of you are simple minded idiots who have your heads in your ass.You know,most people are like me.Go to a ballgame sometime and see how the fans are.Check out the number one shows on television.Look at what seels in music.Its you thats in the minority.Thats why things like MSNBC and lib talk radio fail.Thats why things like Ultimate fighting get massive pay per view buy rates.

Next time you go to an event like the Arnold classic,look around and see who the people there act like.Prissy queers crying for Hentry Gates,or guys 100% behind Crowley.

really?

from my perspective you would have to get smarter to qualify as a simple minded idiot

you seem mostly like a ball of unbridled, unfocused rage and emotion

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 10:27:05 AM »
really?

from my perspective you would have to get smarter to qualify as a simple minded idiot

you seem mostly like a ball of unbridled, unfocused rage and emotion

Thats ok,your opinion is like something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.Now,you would have to take steroids just to get weak.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 10:39:03 AM »
Thats ok,your opinion is like something stuck to the bottom of my shoe.Now,you would have to take steroids just to get weak.

well, like I said previously.

I always assumed you were a gimmick, playing some kind of character or doing some kind of performance art.

The fact that you're real is just kind of sad and pathetic

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 11:18:57 AM »

well, like I said previously.

I always assumed you were a gimmick, playing some kind of character or doing some kind of performance art.

The fact that you're real is just kind of sad and pathetic

Thats ok,I have a good time.Nothing more amusing then mocking libs and their love affair for a community organising little  racist.What a sad group of dummies."Yes,I like a guy who hates my race" ,briliant people.Self hating ,self loathing,Obama/Wright loving,sad little people with necks the size of a stack of dimes.Just get a gun,put it in your mouth and off yourself.