Author Topic: Funny Thing about Repubs  (Read 1379 times)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Funny Thing about Repubs
« on: August 27, 2009, 09:47:25 AM »
They say the US is the greatest country in history, can never do any wrong, should never admit or apologize for any mistake

and at the same time say

The govt can't do anything right, they suck at everything, etc...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Funny Thing about Repubs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 09:59:01 AM »
They say the US is the greatest country in history, can never do any wrong, should never admit or apologize for any mistake

and at the same time say

The govt can't do anything right, they suck at everything, etc...

Its the American people and the American spirit that makes it great.The government destroys both.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:01:30 AM »
The US government is not the mark of success, its the people of this country. The gov is too big, bloated and unresponsive. Do a limited number of things well...not take the all things to all people approach.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2009, 10:02:21 AM »
The US government is not the mark of success, its the people of this country. The gov is too big, bloated and unresponsive. Do a limited number of things well...not take the all things to all people approach.

We should stick to the constitution.  National defense, etc. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2009, 10:03:53 AM »
Its the American people and the American spirit that makes it great.The government destroys both.

but to say our govt did anything wrong... that's not allowed.  go figure!

(No apologies - mitt romney)

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2009, 10:04:07 AM »

ok so you're saying the "people" are the mark of success

I'm not sure I understand what you mean

what about "the people" exactly is the mark of success?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2009, 10:05:29 AM »

so the goverment is destroying the American "spirit" and therefore destroying the American people

I don't understand what that means.

Can you explain it in more detail?

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2009, 10:06:10 AM »
There are things wrong with the US military, I'm not gonna aire our dirty laundry here, just like Barry should not go abroad and do the same. Historians do a good enough job of illustrating our mistakes. Good topic Straw.....this is a good debate topic.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 10:07:09 AM »
so the goverment is destroying the American "spirit" and therefore destroying the American people

Punitive taxes, punitive regulations, giveways to bums and do-nothings, attacking business, attacking the doers in favor of the do-nothings, waste fraud, and abuse, etc etc.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 10:09:20 AM »
Punitive taxes, punitive regulations, giveways to bums and do-nothings, attacking business, attacking the doers in favor of the do-nothings, waste fraud, and abuse, etc etc. 

there is some of that which you've listed but if you recall we've already tried unfettered capitalism and we got even more fraud and corruption, unfair practices, monopolies, etc...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:18 AM »
Straw we're taxed to death for some pretty bullshit programs....The Constitution has a pretty narrow focus and we've gone well beyond that.
L

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2009, 10:13:05 AM »
there is some of that which you've listed but if you recall we've already tried unfettered capitalism and we got even more fraud and corruption, unfair practices, monopolies, etc...

No we have not Straw.  Tell me where we tried what so we did and I will show you massive govt involvement and subsidy. 

Come on Straw - name me one area. 

Housing?
Banking?
Money?
Health Care?       

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2009, 10:21:36 AM »
No we have not Straw.  Tell me where we tried what so we did and I will show you massive govt involvement and subsidy. 

Come on Straw - name me one area. 

Housing?
Banking?
Money?
Health Care?       

really - we had none of the that in the late 1800's and early 1900's

we had no national health care, no banking regulations but we did have monopolies, horrible working conditions, corruption, fraud, et.c..

What we have now is not so much a government by and for the poeple but a government controlled by a handfull of people (~ 100 senators and a 500 or so congressmen/woman) who do the bidding of large corporations.   That's the current state of our govt.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2009, 10:24:30 AM »
Straw we're taxed to death for some pretty bullshit programs....The Constitution has a pretty narrow focus and we've gone well beyond that.

if you want to back to the Constitution you wouldn't find any support for the massive military industrial complex either.  You wouldn't find any mandate for nation building, wars of choice etc...

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2009, 10:26:15 AM »

Sure,by stealing our money and giving it to those that wont produce saps mans spirit.To have "pay for government day" last until August wrecks peoples incentives.To look at those that dont work,wearing NIKE sneakers kills any incentive to work.To steal our rights by trying to force us into little cars,crappy health care,etc etc. wrecks the spirit of individualism.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 10:28:10 AM »
really - we had none of the that in the late 1800's and early 1900's

we had no national health care, no banking regulations but we did have monopolies, horrible working conditions, corruption, fraud, et.c..

What we have now is not so much a government by and for the poeple but a government controlled by a handfull of people (~ 100 senators and a 500 or so congressmen/woman) who do the bidding of large corporations.   That's the current state of our govt.

fine, i agree with you, but that is my point.  The govt imposes regulations that these corps want and sell you some BS idea that they are protecting you.  They are doing the opposite.  

Just look at two things:

1.  Repeal of Glass Steagal
2.  Fannie/Freddy

In those two instances, the govt directly contributed to the massive bank/housing meltdown we have now.  The govt directly aided and abbetted Wall Street in their garbage.

The govt and wall street are partners in crime in this.

We need to let wall street fail when it fails, and not allow the govt to be partners with these bums.    

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
Sure,by stealing our money and giving it to those that wont produce saps mans spirit.To have "pay for government day" last until August wrecks peoples incentives.To look at those that dont work,wearing NIKE sneakers kills any incentive to work.To steal our rights by trying to force us into little cars,crappy health care,etc etc. wrecks the spirit of individualism.

so you think the govt is stealing from you and sapping your spirit (perhap even your prescious bodily fluids?) and forcing you into little crappy cars, and crappy health care, etc..

Ok - that makes perfect sense

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 10:40:51 AM »

Yes. Because the majority of the people posses such a great intellect and are not obese health hazards.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2009, 10:42:50 AM »
fine, i agree with you, but that is my point.  The govt imposes regulations that these corps want and sell you some BS idea that they are protecting you.  They are doing the opposite.  

Just look at two things:

1.  Repeal of Glass Steagal
2.  Fannie/Freddy

In those two instances, the govt directly contributed to the massive bank/housing meltdown we have now.  The govt directly aided and abbetted Wall Street in their garbage.

The govt and wall street are partners in crime in this.

We need to let wall street fail when it fails, and not allow the govt to be partners with these bums.    

so Glass Steagal worked for 60+ years and when we got rid of it it only took about 10 years to virtually destroy the banking and credit markets

What was the key to the detruction?

Greed.  Desire for more and more profits and knowing the system was rigged so that profits would go to private individuals/corporationa and the losses wood be passed to the taxpayer

Sounds like a perfect example of why we need a stronger federal government and more regulation

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2009, 10:43:28 AM »
Whats stopping you from buying a 1973 Olds Delta 88?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:22 AM »
The majority of "people" are dumb as rocks, apathetic, not altruistic and a strain on resources, where is the greatness?  The idea of the United States is great, not the people who populate it.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2009, 10:46:55 AM »
so Glass Steagal worked for 60+ years and when we got rid of it it only took about 10 years to virtually destroy the banking and credit markets

What was the key to the detruction?

Greed.  Desire for more and more profits and knowing the system was rigged so that profits would go to private individuals/corporationa and the losses wood be passed to the taxpayer

Sounds like a perfect example of why we need a stronger federal government and more regulation

But look at why and how that got repealed - BOB RUBIN FROM GS!  Clinton and Gramm went along with that mess at the last minute and helped create the massive bubble we got and all the nonsense.  

Straw - you need to face facts, the govt is as corrupt or worse than the "greedy, evil" business people you think are the enemy.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2009, 10:51:39 AM »
Why are you hung up on brand names?  Nike Sneakers can be had cheaper than K-Mart brands if you know where to look.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 10:53:37 AM »
But look at why and how that got repealed - BOB RUBIN FROM GS!  Clinton and Gramm went along with that mess at the last minute and helped create the massive bubble we got and all the nonsense.  

Straw - you need to face facts, the govt is as corrupt or worse than the "greedy, evil" business people you think are the enemy.  

I make no excuses for Rubin or Clinton but Graham was hardly a reluctant participant and made matters even worse by deregulationg the commodities market.

I'm all for more regulation of the banking and credit markets

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 11:15:19 AM »
so you think the govt is stealing from you and sapping your spirit (perhap even your prescious bodily fluids?) and forcing you into little crappy cars, and crappy health care, etc..

Ok - that makes perfect sense

Well,the government certainly has stolen medical records from people.Take a look at the MLB steroid tests.The government stole them,released names and it just took the court to put a stop to it.I suppose you think thats fine.

With the new cafe standards the only cars you will be able to get are crappy small cars.

I dont need health care,Im a god like figure who cant get sick.