Author Topic: UFC's Quinton ''Rampage'' Jackson Lands Starring Role In Upcoming 'A-Team' Movie  (Read 3571 times)

Bodybuilding Related

• Getbig IV
  • We Are All Blessed To Be Here
UFC champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson has been picked to play B.A. Baracus in creator and producer Stephen J. Cannell’s feature film update to his hit 1980s action series THE A-TEAM. Baracus was originally portrayed by actor, pro-wrestler and pop icon Mr. T.
Jackson, who won out over several hip-hop candidates including 50 Cent and The Game, joins a cast that already includes Liam Neeson as John “Hannibal” Smith and Bradley Cooper as Templeton “Faceman” Peck.

The original A-TEAM, which aired from 1983 to 1987, was a campy action comedy series that followed four eccentric Vietnam War veterans-turned-mercenaries who had been framed for a crime they didn’t commit. While running from the military, they applied their professional training to helping out the innocent. This usually entailed a lot of shoot-from-the-hip gunplay where no one got shot and montages involving the tricking out of various vehicles with armor and more guns for more non-lethal mayhem.

This is a huge break for the charismatic MMA fighter who has so far only had minor roles in several forgettable DTV productions. The new A-TEAM movie is being built up by 20th Century Fox as a more mature franchise. They’re doing a good job so far. Ridley Scott is on board as producer and Joe Carnahan, of NARC and SMOKIN’ ACES fame will be lending his stylized approach to the direction of the film.

As for Jackson, he’s no Mr. T (nobody is) but there is no doubt he’ll be able to handle any action. A quick look at some of his UFC highlights (see below) reveals that Jackson is a dynamic and skilled fighter with the natural showmanship and personality to be an action star.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
Rampage is hillarious.  Good choice IMO.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
he's an idiot

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
Have you ever heard him TALK? He's a great fighter but that's it. 50cent would have been a much better pick IMO.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Rampage is hillarious.  Good choice IMO.

He is funny ! I think it will work

spinnis

He is funny ! I think it will work

hes funny when he acts also.. in his humor videos..

He was an ASS to asians before lol! Look it up at youtube lol

spinnis

This shit always makes me laugh  ;D

spinnis

hahaha poor asians  ;D

"I need a Big dick cup!"

spinnis

Here he is almost raping a reporter  ;D ;D

spinnis

spinnis

"I knew he was tough, But I didn't know he was gonna beat up my Fists with his hands  ...damn my fist hurts right now"

;D

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
All three of those cast so far are good choices. 

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice
oh wow, an A-team movie..............sound s like a REALLY good idea. ::) ::) ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
oh wow, an A-team movie..............sound s like a REALLY good idea. ::) ::) ::)

endless fire from Ak-47s and nobody even gets hurt, but when the bullets come close people fly through the air like hit by a car?

::) ::)

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
It's already been refuted by Rampages management.  He is not playing BA, although he would have done a good job. 

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
endless fire from Ak-47s and nobody even gets hurt, but when the bullets come close people fly through the air like hit by a car?

So you think it lacked a bit of realism..... ???

;)

DK II

• Getbig V
So you think it lacked a bit of realism..... ???

;)

no way, anyone can build a FLAK gun from scraps of old cars, a coffee machine and a cigarette box, and that's way more effective than all the AK-47s that never run out of ammunition you have in the back of your van.  ;D ;D

MethodGNA

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Been Real_Been Nice...But it Hasn't Been Real Nice

apparently, in early 80s california, every small town was run like feudal-system europe by a different wealthy crime-lord, who abused the townspeople as he pleased.....and before the A-team arrived....was completely immune to any prior police  interference.........as a matter of fact, there were no cops.........you were able to conduct little wars complete with machine gun fire, landmines, and grenades going off in broad daylight.

DK II

• Getbig V

apparently, in early 80s california, every small town was run like feudal-system europe by a different wealthy crime-lord, who abused the townspeople as he pleased.....and before the A-team arrived....was completely immune to any prior police  interference.........as a matter of fact, there were no cops.........you were able to conduct little wars complete with machine gun fire, landmines, and grenades going off in broad daylight.

ahahahhaa, lol!!

EVERY show was exactly the same, and when everythings over, not the police arrives but the military, but without weapons, only with normal cars.

worst show ever. the characters sucked as well. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
From the Coach, aka Intenseone:

"Rampage is not sure whether he got the part yet. We train together 2-3 times per week and am speak more often than that. It has not been made official."

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
where did the Coach go anyway?>

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
 :-\
why re hash a team....?
that aside using rampage... is a clear indication they are going to RUIN it
like they always do with rehash movies and comic movies
choice is an illusion