Author Topic: Bruce Lee's Lats  (Read 63878 times)

FecesInUrFace

Re: Bruce Lee's Lats
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 08:16:33 AM »
lee was an icnredibly insecure and envious guy, who admired the bodies of american bodybuilders and soon became a weight lifting nazi, curling barbells for endless sets of reps all days long. I dont think he learned a lot from this, because he has never beena ble to carry on some mass, and dont tell me it wasnt his goal, he was obviously worshiping the musculature of the american guys he met trhorough his life.
He was small, angry of being small,always wanted to show off and prove things to the others, and a drug addict. He was skyzohprenic too. Like the average thug wanabee who has nothing in his life but hartred and fear.
May he have find peace in death  , peace he didnt find in life,even married and with childs.

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2005, 08:55:10 AM »
you're a very pathetic guy man, are you frustrated or what?

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2005, 09:00:34 AM »
your avatar tells enough, frustrated indeed. i bet you jack off to your avatar.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2005, 09:35:31 AM »

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2005, 10:10:26 AM »
That's coordination and learning to use your momentum. Bruce wasn't strong, he was fast. Punch for punch Bolo would break you in half a lot more easily. Bruce was a legend, to deny that would be pretty stupid, but I really don't think he was so vastly superior to everyone else in the world. My money's been on Jet Li as #1 for years now.

Physique-wise, Bruce wasn't anything special. Shredded, sure, but no amount of leanness can make 135 pounds more than mildly impressive in my mind.

Bruce wasn't strong ? he could do regular push-ups on his thumbs only , he could do one hand push-ups using his thumb and forefinger only , show me one bodybuilder that can do that , you can't , Coleman being probably the strongest bodybuilder up until this point couldn't do that , Lee could hold a 75lb dumbell outstretched paralell with his shoulder for seconds at a time with his elbow locked .

Bruce wasn't strong? you ever see the 1" power punch? he would knock people on their ass and all he needed was 1" , Bruce had functional strenght , he couldn't bench 400lbs but he trained for strenght that served his ultimate purpose to be a better fighter , Bruce at his best was 5'7" 1/2 and weighs 135lbs , he was a bantamweight with the power of a heavyweight , he never had a desire to be big , he always said that the only thing big muscles were good for were for picking up heavy weights .

Bruce had functional real world strenght , his strenght served a purpose which was to make him a more complete fighter , he was extremly fast and extremly strong , and his phsyique was very impressive , especially for a nonbodybuilder , I can't think of another nonbodybuilder who weighs 135lbs and looks that great can you?

And as far as a fighter is concerned I would say Bruce Lee is better than all of his contemporaries , Jet Li is a real martial artist in the sense he was trained in classical martial arts , as was Bruce to an extent , but Bruce realized that with classical martial arts it actually prevents a person from being the absolute best fighter they can be , because most martial arts are limited in thier techniques .

Bruce studied a lot of differant martial arts and took only what he considered the most effective and threw away the rest , he also studied western boxing and other forms of fighting , he is actually the forerunner to Mixed Martial Arts , he used stand-up fighting as well as submissions years before anyone else , he realized in order to be a complete fighter you couldn't limit yourself to one style or one technique .

If you look at the first UFC's and how the Gracie's dominated its only because they knew something others didn't and this is how mixed martial arts evolved and guess what once everyone knew submissions the Gracies started getting beat by strikers , because all they knew were submissions , and then you have guys who know learn , striking , kicking and submissions and you now have a complete fighter , the UFC was the best thing to happen to martial arts , because it really showed what is really effective and what is a waste of time.

I think it was the movie Cradle to the crave where Jet Li was in the octagon with all the UFC fighters and he said these guys would kick his ass in a real fight and I think Bruce would to as well because he trained as a mixed martial artist and had more tools in his arsenal than any other classicaly trained martial artist .

The RimMeKid

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2005, 11:12:26 AM »
Bruce Lee ain't no Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat, that's for sure.  Lee never won no intercontinental championship belt like Steamboat did.

Bast00

« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2005, 11:23:02 AM »
Ted Wong - "Bruce would do a lot of different types of sit ups and bench presses. He was also using a technique like the Weider Heavy/Light Principle, working up to 160lbs in the bench press for three sets of 10 on his heavy days and then repping out for 20-30 reps with 100lbs on his light days. "

:-\

ZachG_85

• Getbig IV
  • A legend in my spare time
« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2005, 11:25:56 AM »
Ted Wong - "Bruce would do a lot of different types of sit ups and bench presses. He was also using a technique like the Weider Heavy/Light Principle, working up to 160lbs in the bench press for three sets of 10 on his heavy days and then repping out for 20-30 reps with 100lbs on his light days. "

:-\

No Bast. We have to work on pure hearsay and rumors. Like ol' ND there.

Snotbubbles

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2005, 11:33:09 AM »

Synthol.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2005, 12:53:22 PM »
No Bast. We have to work on pure hearsay and rumors. Like ol' ND there.

Rumors and hearsay huh? ZachG try reading something , you need more information because obviously you're ignorant on the topic you're speaking about , you want refference ? read " Bruce Lee The Art Of Expressing The Human Body " By John Little and here is a list of people who were firsthand witnesses to Lee's strenght feats , Kareem Abdul-Jabbar , Linda Lee Cadwell , Dan Insosanto , Taky Kimura , Joe Lewis , Chuck Norris , Jhoon Rhee , Bob Wall , Larry Hartsell , Herb Jackson , Wally Jay , Teddy Wong , Gene LeBell , Bolo Yeung , and the list goes on and on.

ZachG I suggest before you comment on the topic at hand do some research , this way at least you wont come across as so dumb.  ;)

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #35 on: May 10, 2005, 01:16:07 PM »
little known fact....Dorian Yates was a big Bruce Lee fan when he was young and Dorian admired Bruce's physique.

ZachG_85

• Getbig IV
  • A legend in my spare time
« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2005, 01:38:26 PM »
Rumors and hearsay huh? ZachG try reading something , you need more information because obviously you're ignorant on the topic you're speaking about , you want refference ? read " Bruce Lee The Art Of Expressing The Human Body " By John Little and here is a list of people who were firsthand witnesses to Lee's strenght feats , Kareem Abdul-Jabbar , Linda Lee Cadwell , Dan Insosanto , Taky Kimura , Joe Lewis , Chuck Norris , Jhoon Rhee , Bob Wall , Larry Hartsell , Herb Jackson , Wally Jay , Teddy Wong , Gene LeBell , Bolo Yeung , and the list goes on and on.

ZachG I suggest before you comment on the topic at hand do some research , this way at least you wont come across as so dumb.  ;)

1) The 1" power punch is more about coordination than anything. Train someone for it and it isn't that hard. I've seen others do the same (and before you ask, no I can't do it).

2) Considering Bill Kazmaier's record for a pause hold with a dumbbell shoulder raise is a 95 in one arm and a 105 in the other, I heavily doubt that a one-quarter his size Bruce Lee could do a multi-second pause with a 75.

3) I don't doubt he was very strong like a gymnast in that he could do feats with his own body, but if you're going to tell me his power was anything to rival even some of the guys on the board you're fooling yourself and no one else.

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2005, 02:50:00 PM »

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2005, 03:05:28 PM »
 :)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2005, 03:09:26 PM »
1) The 1" power punch is more about coordination than anything. Train someone for it and it isn't that hard. I've seen others do the same (and before you ask, no I can't do it).

2) Considering Bill Kazmaier's record for a pause hold with a dumbbell shoulder raise is a 95 in one arm and a 105 in the other, I heavily doubt that a one-quarter his size Bruce Lee could do a multi-second pause with a 75.

3) I don't doubt he was very strong like a gymnast in that he could do feats with his own body, but if you're going to tell me his power was anything to rival even some of the guys on the board you're fooling yourself and no one else.

I've never seen anyone else do a 1" power punch , and if it isn't so hard why aren't more people doing it? and as far as Lee doing the 75lb dumbell hold I guess the eyewitness accounts are just hearsay  ::)
I never claimed Bruce was as strong as anyone on this board , I will say he had functional strenght that surpasses many guys twice his size , he used weights to gain power not to gain size , in some aspects of strenght he was stronger than a LOT of 200+ bodybuilders , you think Coleman can do 2 finger push-ups? you think Coleman can hold a dumbell outstretched at shoulder lenght had HALF of his bodyweight for 2 seconds? I bet he couldn't !

SlyIzLegend

• Getbig III
« Reply #40 on: May 10, 2005, 03:16:27 PM »
I've never seen anyone else do a 1" power punch , and if it isn't so hard why aren't more people doing it? and as far as Lee doing the 75lb dumbell hold I guess the eyewitness accounts are just hearsay  ::)
I never claimed Bruce was as strong as anyone on this board , I will say he had functional strenght that surpasses many guys twice his size , he used weights to gain power not to gain size , in some aspects of strenght he was stronger than a LOT of 200+ bodybuilders , you think Coleman can do 2 finger push-ups? you think Coleman can hold a dumbell outstretched at shoulder lenght had HALF of his bodyweight for 2 seconds? I bet he couldn't !
you shouldn't even respond to these idiots. That's exactly what they want. I know who Bruce Lee was, what the man could do, and what he means to me. That's what's important. Who would want to be admired by assholes like Zach_G, I bet Bruce wouldn't want that :)

let that frustrated sucka talk the shit, he ain't nothin'

gracie bjj

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: May 10, 2005, 04:05:02 PM »
no way is the way=jkd
R

THEBERG

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #42 on: May 10, 2005, 04:31:28 PM »
can bruce lee deadlift and squat 800 pounds, i didnt think so, bruce lee is nuthin but a peanut compared to ronnie's strength regardless of weight difference,  i doubt it very much that bruce could bulk up to 320 pounds like big RON

Monkeypower

« Reply #43 on: May 10, 2005, 05:16:21 PM »
can bruce lee deadlift and squat 800 pounds, i didnt think so, bruce lee is nuthin but a peanut compared to ronnie's strength regardless of weight difference,  i doubt it very much that bruce could bulk up to 320 pounds like big RON
who cares you fucking idiot, bruce lee wasnt a bodybuilder and wasnt trying to be. lifting huge weights is useless unless you want huge muscles and he DIDNT want huge muscles, they would hinder his progress.
and also he could have kicked the shit out of coleman in a fight, and thats what matters anyway. in fact he could probably knock him out cold in a single move

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: May 10, 2005, 05:38:49 PM »

Again can Ronnie Coleman the strongest bodybuilder ever do two finger push-ups? can he hold a dumbell half of his bodyweight outstretched at shoulder lenght for 2 seconds? can Ronnie run 3 miles without dying lol I didn't think so  ;)

G_L

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2005, 07:10:03 PM »
who fuckin cares? its bruce freakin lee. hes a skinny chinese dude that made crappy movies. i dont care how many one-finger pushups he can do, a bullet would still kill his scrawny ass dead.

biochemist

• Getbig I
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 07:21:17 PM »
G_L: you're a fag. he'd kick your gay ass.

G_L

• Getbig III
« Reply #47 on: May 10, 2005, 08:25:42 PM »
G_L: you're a fag. he'd kick your gay ass.
lol. youre an idiot.

none of yall knew him, yet you all seem to know exactly what he was doing, how he did it, why he did it, and so on. and, on top of that, yall want to argue about it. please. really, who cares? do any of yall want to look like him? i dont. personally, i dont give 2 shits about martial arts, or pride fighting or any of that trendy fight-club ufc bullshit mentality that most kids have these days. hes a dead actor. he made movies, and not very good ones. let it go.

Bast00

« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2005, 08:37:54 PM »
The thing that impressed me most about him was his jumping ability.  I saw a video of him jumpkicking a ceiling light and breaking it, amazing.  He wasn't a bodybuilder, and he intentionally stayed light to be fast so there is no reason to compare him to bodybuilders.  He was not strong in that sense, but for his weight he was and he relied on technique to generate power not muscle strength.

Cold

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #49 on: May 10, 2005, 10:28:43 PM »
once Bruce Lee was shootin a movie and was doing a kick scene. a stuntman was instructed to duck when bruce lee did a simple kick. he didn't duck on time. Rest in peace.